The AR-15 is a Favorite of Liberal Gun Owners

"Dan Baum is a self-professed "weirdo hybrid"—a card-carrying liberal from suburban New Jersey whose affinity for firearms places him firmly in the opposite camp. For his latest book, Gun Guys: A Road Trip, the former New Yorker scribe embarked on a 15,000-mile cross-country journey to figure out why millions of Americans—himself included—instinctively cling to their guns."
"The AR-15 "is like a guitar that makes everyone play like Jerry Garcia."

"If I put one of those in your hands and you shot at a target you would be awestruck at how well you shot. It's like a guitar that makes everyone play like Jerry Garcia. It was not a particularly popular gun until the assault rifle ban of 1994. The second thing that made it very popular after the ban was lifted in 2004 was the Iraq War and the war on terror. Everyone has seen these guns a million-billion times because it's the gun our soldiers and marines use. So we are bathed in free advertising for the AR-15 with all the coverage of the wars. But also, it is enormously popular precisely because it's just so cool. It shoots so well, it's lightweight, it has a spring in the butt-stock so you don’t feel much recoil. It's accurate and modular and it has all those great accessories. It's just a fucking awesome consumer product. It's the iPhone of guns. When gun guys hear all this talk, they just don’t get it. They’re like, "Are you kidding me? Everyone needs an AR-15!"

The real reason liberals want gun control!

Most of the mass shootings were done by liberals, so the left needs a distraction from the real problem.

Think about it. When was the last time you ever saw a liberal politician take responsibility for ANYTHING?

Were does most gun violence occur?

That's easy...in liberal districts that have strict gun laws.

A real liberal, by definition, does not support gun control. Though, very few people who call themselves a liberal are anything even close to being liberal.

Liberal and progressive are often used improperly as interchangeably. I have few issues with real liberals but I despise progressives.

Like Jerry Garcia? Is he saying that liberal gun owners shoot targets after shooting heroin? They're worse than fucking cons, for christsake.

Naturally you missed the entire point. Was that deliberate?

Facts and statistics get in the way of liberal emotions!

Debate on Bill Maher Show where Michael Moore absolutely refuses to acknowledge statistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=J1DhZyqsyRU&feature=endscreen

Liberal and progressive are often used improperly as interchangeably. I have few issues with real liberals but I despise progressives.

real liberals and real conservatives are not all that far apart politically...i will agree with you...however when you look at the liberals lately...they jump on board with every god damn thing that the progressives are doing...i guess what i am trying to say is that todays liberals need to learn what that distinction is, and not take it personally when one of their pseudo libs do something that is out of wack with traditional liberal ideology...

Actually, you seem to be a little irrelevant right now. :)

how are you fellow montanan...this sure is a splendid spring and summer we are having...fire danger low low low...hope you are doing well realperson

how are you fellow montanan...this sure is a splendid spring and summer we are having...fire danger low low low...hope you are doing well realperson

Same here, realperson--and the same to you, bigsky. Best of wishes to NHB's Montana contingent!

I've not seen that in our liberal playbook. Shooting up innocent strangers is neither left or right.

Oh, its right after "stealing the title 'liberal' to disguise our fascism" and "how to ignore all facts and defeat them with anecdotes"

Oh, its right after "stealing the title 'liberal' to disguise our fascism" and "how to ignore all facts and defeat them with anecdotes"

Wow. I try a little bipartisanship and it gets shot down. I'll remember that you can't be reasoned with. :lol:

Wow. I try a little bipartisanship and it gets shot down. I'll remember that you can't be reasoned with. :lol:

I was more just taking this great opportunity to bash on the fascists who call them selves liberals. Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly that isn't really an issue in the grand scheme of things. The fact that something is high profile does not make it more important.

Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly that isn't really an issue in the grand scheme of things. The fact that something is high profile does not make it more important.

Speaking of statistical anomalies, I agree with you.

Naturally you missed the entire point. Was that deliberate?

Facts and statistics get in the way of liberal emotions!

Debate on Bill Maher Show where Michael Moore absolutely refuses to acknowledge statistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=J1DhZyqsyRU&feature=endscreen

The advertising agencies, the ones who handle multi-million dollar accounts and have to make it their business to know what motivates people to do the things they do, learned a very long time ago that everyone makes decisions emotionally, comes to their opinions emotionally. They know that the last thing any of us does is to use logic. We just tell ourselves that we do.

The advertising agencies, the ones who handle multi-million dollar accounts and have to make it their business to know what motivates people to do the things they do, learned a very long time ago that everyone makes decisions emotionally, comes to their opinions emotionally. They know that the last thing any of us does is to use logic. We just tell ourselves that we do.

I base my political views on facts and figures. I used to be emotional about politics and I got over it.

I base my political views on facts and figures. I used to be emotional about politics and I got over it.

The advertising agencies love people who make statements like this. They know that people who believe they make their decisions based on logic are not aware that they are truly making them emotionally, and are therefore wide open to advertising claims. Trust me.

The advertising agencies love people who make statements like this. They know that people who believe they make their decisions based on logic are not aware that they are truly making them emotionally, and are therefore wide open to advertising claims. Trust me.

Sneaky devil--even when he disagrees with you, he only confirms your point!

I am familiar with the psychology of advertising, though your efforts of circular logic do not make you any more correct. For one thing, marketing is aimed specifically at the largest group it can affect, there is no one kind of psyche that everyone falls into, and any claim to the contrary is simple garbage and pseudo science.