death valley tying records of 100 yrs ago. what happened 100 yrs ago?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are seeing heat we had 100 yrs ago.well what happened 100 yrs ago?

It set a record, just like now. Only now is a new record (hotter still).

Complicated; I know. But if you ask your special ed teacher, I'm sure that he/she can help you to begin to get a sense.

Complicated; I know. But if you ask your special ed teacher, I'm sure that he/she can help you to begin to get a sense.

Sop then you would agree that it's cyclic?

lol. when reality hits a lowly sharecroper as you...must hurt...go back to breathing dust sharecropper...lol

Google hottest June temperature...which is actually 5 degrees cooler than the hottest on record....which was, you guessed it, July 10, 1913.

plus, these morons are purposely ignoring the fact that we had one of the coldest springs on record. this $h!t happens. it's the planet's way of

cleansing itself, but these dumb asses have bought into the agenda that they can actually do something about it by paying more taxes.

i think back 100 years ago, the dinosaurs simply flat out refused to recycle their beer cans. it was a big problem. they also all drove gas-guzzling SUVs and were real sticklers about it. god damn capitalist bastard t-rex's.

They were just compensating for their tiny arm inferiority complex.

I know how much you cons love science......LOL

This could be cyclic, but the OPs argument of 1913's heat vs today's is a fairy tale ...

1913 doesn't even standout in either of the graphs below as being a hot year, in fact the opposite argument could be made....

One hot period in a year does not signify a trend of a hotter than average year....

In fact 1913 also had the lowest recorded temp in Death Valley ......

Note the redline trend on the second NOAA graph......

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures have warmedroughly 1.33°F (0.74ºC) over the last century,according to theIntergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (see page 2 of the IPCC's Climate Change 2007: Synthesis ReportSummary for Policymakers (PDF)). More than half of this warming—about 0.72°F (0.4°C)—has occurred since 1979. Because oceans tend to warm and cool more slowly than land areas, continents have warmed the most (about 1.26° F or 0.7º C since 1979), especially over the Northern Hemisphere.

The graph above clearly shows the variability of global temperature over various time intervals (such as year to year or between decades) as well as the long-term increase since 1880.

201201-201212.png

WHAT ABOUT THE UNITED STATES?

The year 2012 was the warmest on record for the contiguous United States, according to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). As shown in the graph at right, 2012 was substantially warmer—a full degree Fahrenheit (0.6°C)—than any other year since national records began in 1895. The U.S. warming rate of about 1.3°F (0.72°C) per century (red line in the graph at bottom right) is roughly comparable to the global rate of warming (see above).

Although the U.S. racked up several cooler years from 2008 to 2010, the decade as a whole (2000–2009) was the nation's warmest on record, with an average temperature of 54.0°F. In contrast, the 1990s averaged 53.6°F, and the 1930s averaged 53.4°F.

US_temps_2012_0.jpg

U.S. average temperature since 1895. The blue line is the 12-month average for each year. The green line is a calculation of the trend during each decade. The red line shows the trend over the last century of records. The gray line is flat because it is a simple average for the entire period. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

Just the fact that the Pacific Rim is littered with constantly spewing volcanos and just the earth's center is molten makes this a pointless story.

We live on a crust floating on an ocean of molten rock! The crust is broken into pieces all over the planet.

Meanwhile the sun NEVER stops trying to bake half the planet and would succeed if the rotation ever changed just a little bit.

Yeah NOW we should panic. We just started to learn (in geologic time a second ago) how to measure time and temperature. OH SHIT! FREAK OUT NOW!

zzzzzzzz

I know how much you cons love science......LOL

This could be cyclic, but the OPs argument of 1913's heat vs today's is a fairy tale ...

1913 doesn't even standout in either of the graphs below as being a hot year, in fact the opposite argument could be made....

One hot period in a year does not signify a trend of a hotter than average year....

In fact 1913 also had the lowest recorded temp in Death Valley ......

Note the redline trend on the second NOAA graph......

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years

well why is my link from the weather channel incorrect. it says hottest temp ever was in 1913

plus, these morons are purposely ignoring the fact that we had one of the coldest springs on record. this $h!t happens. it's the planet's way of

cleansing itself, but these dumb asses have bought into the agenda that they can actually do something about it by paying more taxes.

ditto

You wouldn't know reality if it was giving you head.

little girl. i retired before my 50th birthday, still make more than i did working p/t, and raised more money in charity than you could ever dream.....maybe your right, maybe i don't know reality

No; that it's higher than ever. (google "record setting.")

It's higher now than when they started keeping records...not 'ever.'

That being said, the question stands....what made that area so hot 100 years ago? Pretty simple stuff.