DOMA Ruling Presents A Great Opportunity

First and foremost, I agree with the ruling. It really isn't any of my business if two consenting adults of the same sex get married or what they do in the bedroom; nor does it have any effect on my life.

But here is what I find as an opportunity:

On democraticunderground the liberals over there are always bashing the SCOTUS gun-rights decisions on Heller and MacDonald saying that the decisions really don't count because they are 5-4. How many of you here want to bet those same people are saying this DOMA 5-4 decision completely counts and is set in stone? I love the smell of liberal hypocrisy.

Liberal hypocrisy? Did you read the dissenting opinions on the case? More like conservative hypocrisy. The four judges who dissented were engaged in radical judicial activism, attempting to uphold conservative principles over the rule of law. Scalia was perhaps the worst of the lot, because the substance of his dissent invalidated his own position on overturning the Voting Rights Act just the day prior.

First and foremost, I agree with the ruling. It really isn't any of my business if two consenting adults of the same sex get married or what they do in the bedroom; nor does it have any effect on my life.

On democraticunderground the liberals over there are always bashing the SCOTUS gun-rights decisions on Heller and MacDonald saying that the decisions really don't count because they are 5-4. How many of you here want to bet those same people are saying this DOMA 5-4 decision completely counts and is set in stone? I love the smell of liberal hypocrisy.

I think the whole thing is stupid and could have been settled years ago in a different way. Whatever.

Progressives are by nature hypocritical. To improve America that they claim to love, they must change everything they touch.

The system that gives them enough to live large enough to have all the free time in the world to fight it.

To improve America that they claim to love, they must change everything they touch.

So... someone who loves their spouse would never schedule an intervention to do something about their spouse's drug addiction?

So... someone who loves their spouse would never schedule an intervention to do something about their spouse's drug addiction?

I don't care what your marital issues are. Relativism is for mealy mouthed arguments.

I stand by what I said about progs.

I'm a fucking retard who only posts strawman arguments and won't respond to others.

Whatever. Yet another retard to add to my ignore list.

If you love something, you want to make it even better. Keeping something exactly the same in permanent stasis is not love, it is infatuation.

Nah, that's just human hypocrisy. Every one of us has feet of clay, regardless of race, creed, or political affiliation, haha

If you love something, you want to make it even better. Keeping something exactly the same in permanent stasis is not love, it is infatuation.

Might as well go to the lib only room than

And for the open I agree and have been saying it since the gay first gay thread I posted in.

It isn't my business who or what you fùck.

No one forces me to be around anyone I don't wanna be around.

I have never heard any Liberal say that a 5-4 decision doesn't count.

That would be stupid.

We may not like some SCOTUS decisions, but they count.

Ignore lists are for pussies, relativist.

Making it better is YOUR version of what you do. It isn't always better just to change it because you can.

Try to stay on topic. Maybe you won't be an angry hater. Some folks aren't wrong just because they disagree with you.

Fixed, an' yer welcome.

Like a dog. Typical broad :)