Texas GOP made a mockery of our political system tonight

They actually broke the rules and took a vote to pass the abortion ban bill AFTER midnight tonight. This was just the icing on the cake regarding some of the despicable things they did during the session tonight. They basically changed and made up rules as they went along.

Fortunately this should clearly be stricken down in court because they broke the midnight rule. Women were watching this tonight so I hope the GOP had their fun. And we'll remember what they tried to get away with when 2014 rolls around. I don't even want to hear a republican talk about democracy or the Constitution anymore after this disgraceful display.

hear hear

conservatives are idiots

And cheaters too apparently. :\ GOPLOGIC = Adjusting a back-brace is too much of a violation of the rules but completely ignoring the midnight voting rule and also completely ignoring a female senator who was raising her hand and trying to get a chance to speak before the vote was even initiated, is perfectly fine. Sure, those rules don't matter. This was truly a dark moment in politics. I wonder how many more women voters the #GOP cost themselves tonight with this charade they tried to pass off as democracy.

They actually broke the rules and took a vote to pass the abortion ban bill AFTER midnight tonight. This was just the icing on the cake regarding some of the despicable things they did during the session tonight. They basically changed and made up rules as they went along.

Fortunately this should clearly be stricken down in court because they broke the midnight rule. Women were watching this tonight so I hope the GOP had their fun. And we'll remember what they tried to get away with when 2014 rolls around. I don't even want to hear a republican talk about democracy or the Constitution anymore after this disgraceful display

...good lord, libturd... I would've changed my avatar if i were you!

I wonder how many more women voters the #GOP cost themselves tonight with this charade they tried to pass off as democracy.

plenty - all the ones with a few marbles rolling around upstairs

but you ain't her, tard

plenty - all the ones with a few marbles rolling around upstairs

but you ain't her, tard

So you think ignoring procedure and making up your own rules is perfectly okay? Then don't ever say you support the constitution. Fortunately what you think isn't relevant because this will be overturned by the courts. You can't just break the rules to pass something because you want to, the rules are in place for a reason. But hey, continue your insults while ignoring the facts.

Sure, and lets not say anything about the nearly 13 hour one woman filibuster while Wendy Davis spoke for nearly 13 hours. While this woman did nothing but play games, when she ran too far off topic to allow her own filibuster to be stopped, everyone else had to run to get in a vote before the midnight deadline. So lets not whine and cry too much about anyone trying to get in a vote before or after the midnight deadline, but lets get upset about grown adults who are in charge of our political houses playing GAMES to hold up our democratic system.

The start time of the voting is going to be the main point being argued in the next few days or weeks, but lets just be honest, this was supposed to be settled this morning before lunch if not for the childish games of a single politician Wendy Davis. There are always exceptions to the rules, and if anyone can prove this was one of those times, the votes will stand and the ban will be passed anyway.

Its humorous to see all of these conservatives thinking its okay to ignore the democratic process and do something ILLEGAL to pass a bill that most citizens would vote against if given the chance.

Is that what Wendy Davis was doing while she talked for nearly 13 hours and not always about the abortion bill being voted on?? That was not Democratic process, that was political disruption. And it may not have been illegal if the vote was called for BEFORE midnight. Not to mention that there is no way you can say MOST citizens would vote against it if given the chance, just counting all the religious people who under their faith could not support abortion and a good amount of our population who is for right to life and conservative values could also not support abortion, your guess of MOST doesnt pan out. If abortion had most of our nation supporting it, it would have already been passed without any restrictions and tax payers paying the bill. Since that is not the case, most is reaching a bit isnt it?

Its humorous to see all of these conservatives thinking its okay to ignore the democratic process and do something ILLEGAL to pass a bill that most citizens would vote against if given the chance.

You mean kinda like Obamacare that was passed in the middle of the night????

Is that what Wendy Davis was doing while she talked for nearly 13 hours and not always about the abortion bill being voted on?? That was not Democratic process, that was political disruption. And it may not have been illegal if the vote was called for BEFORE midnight. Not to mention that there is no way you can say MOST citizens would vote against it if given the chance, just counting all the religious people who under their faith could not support abortion and a good amount of our population who is for right to life and conservative values could also not support abortion, your guess of MOST doesnt pan out. If abortion had most of our nation supporting it, it would have already been passed without any restrictions and tax payers paying the bill. Since that is not the case, most is reaching a bit isnt it?

Do you know how many filibusters Republicans have done to stop any and every initiative put forth by the current administration? Do you complain about how they get in the way of the democratic process?

Imagine that - Republicans, complaining about a filibuster. And an honest-to-God speak-on-the-Senate-floor filibuster, as oposed to the usual Republican playacting of 'it's a filibuster because I switched on the filibuster lamp' nonsense.

The irony is LOL obvious.

texass morons think that stopping two cells from dividing is

"murdering a baby."

I just burned down a house today.

Well, it was a set of house plans that would take a lot of

work and energy and materials to make into a house.

But a born again, phony christian said terminating the house

plans was the same thing as burning down a real house.

Ya'll jest have to go clear to texass to find people who are

dumber than dog shit.

Hey, UNAmerican, women are righteously PISSED at continual attempts to destroy their rights! How in Hell can you blame them?

The GOP War on Women is 100% real!

The avatar is right on! Screaming, raging women are NOT going to take this abuse any longer!

"Hell hath no fury as a women scorned in vain"

Conservatives fear women. This is the only explanation. Among all of the things cons fear ( progress, African Americans, equality, Islam, gay marriage, sunlight, ect, ) Women seem to fill them with a terror beyond their understanding.

Why is this?

How long before Texas will make it illegal for a man to masturbate? After all, all of those precious sperm cells are the base ingredient to forming human life and are therefore, according to conservative thinking, babies in waiting! How dare a man waste all of this potential human life just for a few seconds of pleasure!!!!!!

Didn't this have to do with abbortions after 22 weeks?

The bill, known as SB 5, would ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and force many clinics that perform the procedure to upgrade their facilities and be classified as ambulatory surgical centers. Also, doctors would be required to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles.

Is the actual bill...says noothing about banning aboortion

Soo basically it was against aborting 5 month old fetus and requiring clinics to upggrade their facilities...

Where is the woman hating in upgrading facilities and having them make up their minds before 5 months have passed?