Hours after the SCOTUS strikes down part of the Voting Rights Act

That's right, folks... What we all knew was coming when we first heard about the court's decision. I even predicted it immediately after on Twitter and it didn't take republicans long to prove me right. :P

Texas just passed more strict voter I.D. laws so that they can join other GOP states in holding up voter lines for hours in predominantly african-american and hispanic neighborhoods, in the futile hope that people will leave. What republicans don't understand is that it actually makes people more determined to cast their vote, which is one of the reasons why they lost so badly in 2012. The only thing republicans are actually going to accomplish with this is alienating even more potential voters. lol

And since we are on the subject of the SCOTUS's decision regarding the Voting Rights Act, John Roberts wrote the majority opinion and explained that they voted against it because they felt it was unconstitutional but then he doesn't even bother to explain HOW it violates the Constitution. As someone who has actually read the Constitution, along with most of the writings of the founders, I am puzzled by this decision. The only possible argument I could see someone making involves states rights but even that would be seriously flawed. But I will wait until I see how people respond before I get into that long argument.

That's right, folks... What we all knew was coming when we first heard about the court's decision. I even predicted it immediately after on Twitter and it didn't take republicans long to prove me right. :P

Texas just passed more strict voter I.D. laws so that they can join other GOP states in holding up voter lines for hours in predominantly african-american and hispanic neighborhoods, in the futile hope that people will leave. What republicans don't understand is that it actually makes people more determined to cast their vote, which is one of the reasons why they lost so badly in 2012. The only thing republicans are actually going to accomplish with this is alienating even more potential voters. lol

And since we are on the subject of the SCOTUS's decision regarding the Voting Rights Act, John Roberts wrote the majority opinion and explained that they voted against it because they felt it was unconstitutional but then he doesn't even bother to explain HOW it violates the Constitution. As someone who has actually read the Constitution, along with most of the writings of the founders, I am puzzled by this decision. The only possible argument I could see someone making involves states rights but even that would be seriously flawed. But I will wait until I see how people respond before I get into that long argument.

why are you so anti american?

See how important voting in state and midterm Congressional elections are now? You need to light a fire under every young voter you know to get off their ass and vote in the state elections and midterms more than ever before. I've already begun a campaign on other sites to start a get out the vote effort. If we make as much of an effort as we did with the Obama campaign, we can get rid of these people, and change the laws to the point where they will never be able to recover. Remind them of the student loan interest rates that are going to double in a week, and the slave wages Republicans will have them working for. That ought to do it.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to make sure that who is voting is an actual legal voter.

That's just it , you want legal voters not to have the right .

That is why the bill was passed .

See how important voting in state and midterm Congressional elections are now? You need to light a fire under every young voter you know to get off their ass and vote in the state elections and midterms more than ever before. I've already begun a campaign on other sites to start a get out the vote effort. If we make as much of an effort as we did with the Obama campaign, we can get rid of these people, and change the laws to the point where they will never be able to recover. Remind them of the student loan interest rates that are going to double in a week, and the slave wages Republicans will have them working for. That ought to do it.

You would love to bring back slavery . Typical Christian .

The problem for Alix and the republican party is minorities can vote and there is a movement to stop that .

You can't win an election anymore so stop letting minority voting . But you dumb cross wearing idiot according to the government count in ten years WE will be the minorities . Then what ?

I wonder if blacks, latinos, and women will vote for any repukicons in the next 20

elections.

Perhaps only the stupid ones like stupid guys working for a living voting for

republicans who represent only the rich.

Workers voting for republicans and the rich are voting to screw them selves

and their own families.

Lawls....it's such a big deal to verify the people voting are who they say the are. If getting an ID is too much of an expense you should probably be sterilized because you're poisonous stupidity will spread if you breed.

Lawls....it's such a big deal to verify the people voting are who they say the are. If getting an ID is too much of an expense you should probably be sterilized because you're poisonous stupidity will spread if you breed.

YEP. texassicans know all about poisonous stupidity from empirical evidence out thar in texass

and from repukicon buttboys on the sup ct.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to make sure that who is voting is an actual legal voter.

You guys who think it's just about id'ing the voter aren't very well informed. It's political. Some of the bills proposed by Republicans disallowed military ID's but allowed pictured gun permits. See the politics? What does cutting early voting have to do with "legal voting"? How about bills that forbid students to vote out of state? If you don't realize this is purely political, you're not paying attention.

You guys who think it's just about id'ing the voter aren't very well informed. It's political. Some of the bills proposed by Republicans disallowed military ID's but allowed pictured gun permits. See the politics? What does cutting early voting have to do with "legal voting"? How about bills that forbid students to vote out of state? If you don't realize this is purely political, you're not paying attention.

Blah blah blah.... If you're an adult you NEED a valid ID...... Stop crying, walk, take a bus, rid your bike to the local DMV and get a f_cking ID and STFU already.

Get them while they're dumb.

What age were you when you learned something really lasting that meant anything?

I couldn't agree more. They keep shooting themselves in the foot, and just don't get it. You keep pissing these people off, and they'll remember it the next time they vote...lol.

I couldn't agree more. They keep shooting themselves in the foot, and just don't get it. You keep pissing these people off, and they'll remember it the next time they vote...lol.

not if they aint got no i d

Who ISN'T pissed off? Fuck 'em.

Look how well kissing ass in the middle east has worked out. They remain pissed off. Fuck them too.

Blah blah blah.... If you're an adult you NEED a valid ID...... Stop crying, walk, take a bus, rid your bike to the local DMV and get a f_cking ID and STFU already.

Did you even read what I wrote? If you did, I'm surprised you're capable of reading, because you apparently can't comprehend very well. Why do you think that only Republicans care about this issue? Do you really think Democrats are the only people who cheat? I thought you're an independent. You act and write like a Republican. Mr. Independent, how many more restrictions would you like to put on our Constitutional right to vote?

imposter!