Does Nothing Embarrass Them Anymore?

Folks you just can't write stupid like this.......

The conholers just go batshit on the abortion topic......

If someone publicly says something stupid about abortion or rape, it's a conholer , bet on it......

Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Texas, said Monday he is opposed to abortion because fetuses masturbate in the womb, and so can feel both pleasure and pain.

“Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful,” said Burgess, a former OB/GYN. “They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-and-panelists-trash-gop-over-fetal-masturbation-theory-does-nothing-embarrass-them-anymore/

Maher And Panelists Trash GOP Over ‘Fetal Masturbation’ Theory: Does Nothing Embarrass Them Anymore?

Bill Maher has heard and mocked a lot of controversial Republican statements over the years, and yet he found this week’s remarks by a Republican congressman that fetuses can masturbate to be more ridiculous than anything The Onion could ever come up with. Maher asked that given Republicans trying to one-up each other with shockingly ridiculous comments about rape and abortion and fetuses masturbating, what does it take in this day and age to actually embarrass Republicans?

Julia Reed said that 30 years ago, Republicans didn’t get as riled up about things like this, as much as they opposed abortion. Joshua Green explained that Republicans say all this because they’ve gotten a lot more hardline on abortion. Worst of all, the congressman who made the remark is an OB/GYN. Maher said, “Explain the cognitive dissonance.”

Panelist Bob Herbert replied, “He’s a Republican!”

Reed said Herbert wasn’t being fair by blaming the whole party, but Maher called Reed out and questioned which liberals say crazy things like this. He said Republicans are just as crazy on climate change, and that abortion is basically the only science issue that they care about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...our country is in DEEP trouble and you are worried about this BS??? :lol:

This is the DEEP trouble. One party is full of idiots and it's your party! How do we get out of DEEP trouble when one party has a plan and the other party is full of adolescents?

I guess all those baseball players out there scratching their balls

are all masturbating. They blame it on wool uniforms. Sure, sure.

but no doubt neo cons on LF have to get out the window wash fluid

and wipe off their computer monitors every few minutes or so.

Does the female fetus masturbate too? :wacko: LOL! This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Almost.

yes, they do. this has actually been written about in OB/GYN studies and magazines for years. look it up for yourself. it's why this particular politician found it relevant. he's an OB/GYN physician.

i think a better question would be, "does nothing embarrass you liberals anymore?" your messiah has been on the ropes for

months, going down as the worst president in history, and this is all you can squawk about?

yes, they do. this has actually been written about in OB/GYN studies and magazines for years. look it up for yourself. it's why this particular politician found it relevant. he's an OB/GYN physician.

i think a better question would be, "does nothing embarrass you liberals anymore?" your messiah has been on the ropes for

months, going down as the worst president in history, and this is all you can squawk about?

I have often wondered: Why are rigthwingers so concerned about babies while they are still in the womb, but don't give a diddley-squat about them once they're born? They want to deny them welfare/food stamps/medical care after they are in the world. Shouldn't they care as much about them out of the womb as they do in the womb? Just curious.

I have often wondered: Why are rigthwingers so concerned about babies while they are still in the womb, but don't give a diddley-squat about them once they're born? They want to deny them welfare/food stamps/medical care after they are in the world. Shouldn't they care as much about them out of the womb as they do in the womb? Just curious.

probably the same reason we care if the girl down the street gets murdered, but don't really care diddley squat if she's a justin beiber fan. murder is one thing. how she lives is none of my business and not my responsibility.

probably the same reason we care if the girl down the street gets murdered, but don't really care diddley squat if she's a justin beiber fan. murder is one thing. how she lives is none of my business and not my responsibility.

Poor response. But that's OK. I know you don't have a good one. ^_^

One letter on one observance (no study) by two Italian DRs in 1996 is your argument ???

Another conholer one trick pony......

IMO we can find one person in agreement about any issue.........proof is another story

I can't believe I am responding to this nonsense.....

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/06/18/comments-by-rep-michael-burgess-about-fetuses-masturbating-not-based-in-science-doctors-say

Any media reports on masturbation by fetuses can almost exclusively be traced back to a single letterwritten by two OB/GYNs in Italy in 1996 and published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The letter related an anecdote in which the two doctors had "recently observed a female fetus at 32 weeks gestation touching the vulva with the fingers of the right hand" before the female fetus experienced prolonged spasms, and "finally...relaxed and rested."

Conry said it was wrong to "base science on single observations."

"We certainly can see a movement of a fetus during that time, but in terms of any knowledge about pleasure or pain - there are no data to assess," says Jeanne Conry, president of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a professional association for OB/GYNs. "We don't know enough about the biology and the science."

"For whatever reason in our country when it comes to abortion we make statements based not on the science but based on observations and on emotion," she said.

I think it's relevant as well. When a fetus feels pain is still being disputed within the medical community. Until it becomes a medical known, the question stays open for debate and investigation. I think the point he makes is a reasonable one, but is the 15 week old male fetus playing with his penis for pleasure or he simply indulging in a tactile exercise. Though nerve development at 15 weeks may have progressed to the stage where he can "feel" himself - has it progressed to the stage where he can feel pleasure or pain?

That's assuming that the ability to feel pleasure and pain develops later than the ability to merely recognize the presence of another object by touching it. For all I know it might happen at the same time or earlier.

I oppose abortion after 12 weeks when it runs the risk of inflicting pain on the fetus. If it were found that fetuses feel this pain earlier, it would make a huge difference to where I stood on the abortion issue overall.

For that reason, I think the conversation is important though I don't appreciate it being batted around in the political arena.

One letter on one observance (no study) by two Italian DRs in 1996 is your argument ???

Another conholer one trick pony......

IMO we can find one person in agreement about any issue.........proof is another story

I can't believe I am responding to this nonsense.....

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/06/18/comments-by-rep-michael-burgess-about-fetuses-masturbating-not-based-in-science-doctors-say

ummmm. i hate to burst your bubble, but it's been mentioned in a hell of a lot more than that 1 study. it's mentioned in this 2013 study....

http://cjns.metapress.com/content/v37621226k4407q1/fulltext.pdf?page=1 ... and a lot of others, dating back decades.

This is the DEEP trouble. One party is full of idiots and it's your party! How do we get out of DEEP trouble when one party has a plan and the other party is full of adolescents?

...and WHO couldn't fix the economy the past 5 years???? ...yes, FIVE fucking years and we are worse of since 2009!

Did you mention 'idiots'??

ummmm. i hate to burst your bubble, but it's been mentioned in a hell of a lot more than that 1 study letter. it's mentioned in this 2013 study article...

http://cjns.metapress.com/content/v37621226k4407q1/fulltext.pdf?page=1 ... and a lot of others, dating back decades.

OK you found two fruitcakes that agree mention, (neither are studies) but I fail to see how this article enhances your argument,

it's mostly about infants, not fetuses.......and it proves nothing.....

Question what are they masturbating to ??? LMAO

Glad you guys own Michael Burgess.....LOL

OK you found two fruitcakes that agree mention, (neither are studies) but I fail to see how this article enhances your argument,

it's mostly about infants, not fetuses.......and it proves nothing.....

Question what are they masturbating to ??? LMAO

Glad you guys own Michael Burgess.....LOL

He found two articles backing his point. How many have you found that prove it wrong. And you call rightwingers idiots, take a look in the mirror Moron.

ummmm. i hate to burst your bubble, but it's been mentioned in a hell of a lot more than that 1 study. it's mentioned in this 2013 study....

You're an idiot, Lew. This study is about infants, not fetuses.

and it's not a study, it's an editorial about studies on infants, not fetuses.

...and WHO couldn't fix the economy the past 5 years???? ...yes, FIVE fucking years and we are worse of since 2009!

Did you mention 'idiots'??

Who's been doing the blocking, blockhead? You really think Obama has had a free reign over the last 5 years? Did you ever hear that it was the worse recession since the great depression? Can you even spell "depression"?

Who's been doing the blocking, blockhead? You really think Obama has had a free reign over the last 5 years? Did you ever hear that it was the worse recession since the great depression? Can you even spell "depression"?

...you mean 'blocking' your boy from causing MORE damage???

He had FULL control in his first 2 years!... and the ONLY damn thing he did was to push a failed, partisan, heath care bill down our throats!

He made the recession WORSE, you fuckin' idiot! The proof is in the pudding!

He found two articles backing his point. How many have you found that prove it wrong. And you call rightwingers idiots, take a look in the mirror Moron.

Sorry HolyPenis, his articles prove nothing, they are not studies, but just a letter and an article of someone's opinion, based on no scientific studies.....

And as I and Bingster pointed out the second one is about infants not fetuses.....

Sooooooooooo.......perhaps YOU can come up with proof that fetuses masturbate in the womb so that you idiot rep from TX is vindicated ???

...you mean 'blocking' your boy from causing MORE damage???

He had FULL control in his first 2 years!... and the ONLY damn thing he did was to push a failed, partisan, heath care bill down our throats!

He made the recession WORSE, you fuckin' idiot! The proof is in the pudding!

Worse? Really? Check the stock market bar graphs from before he entered the office. Check the job losses from before he went into office. We're only experiencing slow growth because of all of the government jobs that have been cut since Obama came into office. If government jobs grew at the same rate as private jobs, we wouldn't even have an unemployement problem. Let's put it another way. If government jobs grew at the same rate as after every other recession in U.S. history, we wouldn't have an unemployment problem. Which party is cutting hell out of government, genius?

You can't have it both ways cons.... you can't blame him for not fixing the country when you've continuously stopped him from doing what is necessary.

you obviously didn't read it. top paragraph on the right hand side specifically mentions fetal masturbation. and you call me an idiot?

Worse? Really? Check the stock market bar graphs from before he entered the office. Check the job losses from before he went into office. We're only experiencing slow growth because of all of the government jobs that have been cut since Obama came into office. If government jobs grew at the same rate as private jobs, we wouldn't even have an unemployement problem. Let's put it another way. If government jobs grew at the same rate as after every other recession in U.S. history, we wouldn't have an unemployment problem. Which party is cutting hell out of government, genius?

You can't have it both ways cons.... you can't blame him for not fixing the country when you've continuously stopped him from doing what is necessary.

Less than 2 years . . . All your cheerleading for this idiot asshole will prove itself. I really hope it's as simple as one party stalling the other as you think it is.

Let's take the baby's temperature again in about 18 months.

December 2014: all better or all fucked?

what he has is a couple idiot snarky left wing liberal blogs which he took as truth like the dumb ass he is, without doing any actual research whatsoever on the subject to find the truth. typical liberal dumbassotry.