GOP Strategy For 2016: Change Nothing Tick Everybody Off

images-14.jpg

Republicans are hard at work not learning a damn thing

The Republican Party just does not get it. More and more evidence is piling up and proving that they learned absolutely nothing from their stunning (stunning for them, not so surprising for the more informed) 2012 election defeat. If I wasn’t so thrilled about House Republicans acting like spoiled children, I’d almost feel bad for them.

However, despite recommendations by the Republican National Committee that the party needs to either embrace immigration reform to pull more Hispanic voters to their side, House Republicans are not budging. It’s almost puzzling that they do not feel that it’s necessary to step away from their hard line immigration views given Romney’s historic loss of Latino votes in the election. When the votes were all counted, Romney walked away with a mere 27% of the Hispanic vote, compared to Obama’s 71%.

Another big problem the GOP had in 2012 was their war on women. Republicans, though, are hell bent on ignoring the fact that continuing to attack women’s reproductive rights is not going to sway us to head out to the polls in droves and vote for them. Even Romney and his binders full of women couldn’t get more than 44% of the female vote.

If we add these numbers to Romney’s 6%, 26%, and 38% voter turnout among African-Americans, Asian-Americans, and other minority groups respectively, it paints a broader picture of a very large problem in the Republican Party.

Despite all of the evidence pointing to a much need strategic change in policy, House Republicans and many activists for the party claim that they just need a better way of conveying their ‘conservative values.’ In a statement to reporter Charles Babington of the Associated Press, Mike McKenna, a Republican pollster and consultant agrees that the problem is less about policy and more about the way their message is conveyed to voters.

“A huge chunk of our problem was tone and temperament. A much, much smaller part of the problem was policy,” McKenna said. “It’s not like we’re the Whig party on the verge of extinction.”

Others in the party seem to agree with this but that does not change the fact that in order to win an election the party must attract the voters with more moderate views in addition to the other groups; Romney only received 41% of the moderate vote. Attracting moderates is an act that seems almost impossible right now when the Tea Party has a stranglehold over the party and any form of compromise is considered traitorous. Towing the standard policy line is a fine strategy for mid-term elections where Republican turn-out is much higher than Democratic turn-out but that will not win presidential elections.

A successful presidential candidate “must differentiate himself from the very toxic GOP congressional brand,”
, a top aide to the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Schmidt said the most promising GOP contender will probably be a governor or “an iconoclast senator” who is seen as standing apart from Washington’s partisan gridlock that so angers voters.

Meanwhile, Rep. James Lankford (R-Okla) dismissed the warnings from the RNC that his party needs to embrace immigration reform if they plan to broaden their appeal:

“If the goal of it is to try to fix presidential politics, I think it’s the wrong thing to
do.” [
]

Senator Lindsey Graham staunchly disagrees with Lankford and many other House Republican’s view that the best way to attract Hispanic voters is with their less government, low taxes, personal freedom pitch.

If Hispanics “think you really are going to deport their grandmother and you’ve got a hard heart about this kind of stuff,” Graham said, “your economic ideas don’t resonate.”

“It’s impossible winning the presidency getting 27 percent of the Hispanic vote, 30 percent of the Asian vote and 7 percent of the African-American vote,” Graham said. “America is changing.”

Graham is right, and the poll numbers prove it. So when House Republicans like Rand Paul, say they aren’t going to support immigration reform, they are furthering the divide between themselves and millions of voters; a pool of voters that is growing at incredibly fast rates. When Republicans try to pass draconian cuts to the food stamps program that helps feed millions of poor Americans they continue to feed the belief that the right doesn’t care about helping the poor people of this country.

When the conservative lawmakers continue their unyielding attack on women by passing the most restrictive abortion bill to date, they are not increasing their chances of winning women voters.

Republicans will once again lose the popular vote in the 2016 election, just as they have the last five of six presidential elections unless they put their listening caps on and and pay attention to what they are being taught.

It does not matter how they convey their message if their message is: We hate poor people, we hate minorities, we hate women. Hate is no way to win an election and there isn’t a nice enough way in the world to sugarcoat it. They better hope that Democratic voters do not take the President’s advice and head out to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections as they do for presidential elections or they are going to be totally screwed.

and obama isnt ticking everyone off? jesus

Ah, the tit for tat response. You can continue with your 4 plus year rant of attacking Obama for right or wrong reasons all you want. It isn't going to translate into Republican votes, neither this year, next year, or in 2016. If Republican strategy is to try and point out Liberals are pissed at Obama, and you should vote for us, that's an equally failed strategy. In case you didn't read the article, and in your case I doubt it, Republicans are going to lose the same demographics they lost last year, and they're going to lose more of them this time around. Pissed at Obama, not pissed at Obama, women, Hispanics, blacks, and younger voters aren't going to show up for Republicans. Those demographics are a lot more pissed off at Republicans than they are at Obama. But as usual, dumb ass Republicans focus on personality, and everybody else focuses on policy. In case you haven't done the math, that equals to you lose. Again.

Ah, the tit for tat response. You can continue with your 4 plus year rant of attacking Obama for right or wrong reasons all you want. It isn't going to translate into Republican votes, neither this year, next year, or in 2016. If Republican strategy is to try and point out Liberals are pissed at Obama, and you should vote for us, that's an equally failed strategy. In case you didn't read the article, and in your case I doubt it, Republicans are going to lose the same demographics they lost last year, and they're going to lose more of them this time around. Pissed at Obama, not pissed at Obama, women, Hispanics, blacks, and younger voters aren't going to show up for Republicans. Those demographics are a lot more pissed off at Republicans than they are at Obama. But as usual, dumb ass Republicans focus on personality, and everybody else focuses on policy. In case you haven't done the math, that equals to you lose. Again.

dude...i read the first sentence and said fu ck it...this is more of the same...."zimmerman is going to prison" "romney is gonna win" "the gop is dead" bull shit mental masturbation. i dont care what you think is GOING to happen...until it happens...you are blowing smoke out your ass..

there are 6 seats seperating obama from a gop senate and house...six seats...it sounds to me like it could go either way

...lol...beavis r's and butthead d's continue to quibble over what color spray paint to use when vandalizing..

we are getting some conservatives in the republican party...not as many as i would like to see but a few...the upcoming elections will decide if i completely abandon the repubs or not...hopefully we replace a bunch of the old guard

images-14.jpg

Republicans are hard at work not learning a damn thing

The Republican Party just does not get it. More and more evidence is piling up and proving that they learned absolutely nothing from their stunning (stunning for them, not so surprising for the more informed) 2012 election defeat. If I wasn’t so thrilled about House Republicans acting like spoiled children, I’d almost feel bad for them.

However, despite recommendations by the Republican National Committee that the party needs to either embrace immigration reform to pull more Hispanic voters to their side, House Republicans are not budging. It’s almost puzzling that they do not feel that it’s necessary to step away from their hard line immigration views given Romney’s historic loss of Latino votes in the election. When the votes were all counted, Romney walked away with a mere 27% of the Hispanic vote, compared to Obama’s 71%.

Another big problem the GOP had in 2012 was their war on women. Republicans, though, are hell bent on ignoring the fact that continuing to attack women’s reproductive rights is not going to sway us to head out to the polls in droves and vote for them. Even Romney and his binders full of women couldn’t get more than 44% of the female vote.

If we add these numbers to Romney’s 6%, 26%, and 38% voter turnout among African-Americans, Asian-Americans, and other minority groups respectively, it paints a broader picture of a very large problem in the Republican Party.

Despite all of the evidence pointing to a much need strategic change in policy, House Republicans and many activists for the party claim that they just need a better way of conveying their ‘conservative values.’ In a statement to reporter Charles Babington of the Associated Press, Mike McKenna, a Republican pollster and consultant agrees that the problem is less about policy and more about the way their message is conveyed to voters.

Others in the party seem to agree with this but that does not change the fact that in order to win an election the party must attract the voters with more moderate views in addition to the other groups; Romney only received 41% of the moderate vote. Attracting moderates is an act that seems almost impossible right now when the Tea Party has a stranglehold over the party and any form of compromise is considered traitorous. Towing the standard policy line is a fine strategy for mid-term elections where Republican turn-out is much higher than Democratic turn-out but that will not win presidential elections.

Meanwhile, Rep. James Lankford (R-Okla) dismissed the warnings from the RNC that his party needs to embrace immigration reform if they plan to broaden their appeal:

Senator Lindsey Graham staunchly disagrees with Lankford and many other House Republican’s view that the best way to attract Hispanic voters is with their less government, low taxes, personal freedom pitch.

Graham is right, and the poll numbers prove it. So when House Republicans like Rand Paul, say they aren’t going to support immigration reform, they are furthering the divide between themselves and millions of voters; a pool of voters that is growing at incredibly fast rates. When Republicans try to pass draconian cuts to the food stamps program that helps feed millions of poor Americans they continue to feed the belief that the right doesn’t care about helping the poor people of this country.

When the conservative lawmakers continue their unyielding attack on women by passing the most restrictive abortion bill to date, they are not increasing their chances of winning women voters.

Republicans will once again lose the popular vote in the 2016 election, just as they have the last five of six presidential elections unless they put their listening caps on and and pay attention to what they are being taught.

It does not matter how they convey their message if their message is: We hate poor people, we hate minorities, we hate women. Hate is no way to win an election and there isn’t a nice enough way in the world to sugarcoat it. They better hope that Democratic voters do not take the President’s advice and head out to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections as they do for presidential elections or they are going to be totally screwed.

You really need to stop falling into the trap of believing what the powers that be want you to believe.

You're smarter than to believe this ridiculousness.

dude...i read the first sentence and said fu ck it...this is more of the same...."zimmerman is going to prison" "romney is gonna win" "the gop is dead" bull shit mental masturbation. i dont care what you think is GOING to happen...until it happens...you are blowing smoke out your ass..

there are 6 seats seperating obama from a gop senate and house...six seats...it sounds to me like it could go either way

Skewie is not the smartest lil commie! But he does love his self fulfilling prophecies!

Skewie is not the smartest lil commie! But he does love his self fulfilling prophecies!

You'd really think they'd be personally insulted at the thought of being led to believe that the Republicans have a war on women, war on pooor, war on blacks, war on hispanics, war on....

I honestly can't see why intelligent people wouldn't be offended by such blatant silliness.

You can have honest convictions and differences of opinions. I think most cons realize that and simply think that we are right, but we understand where good liberals can think differently. But this whole false creation of Republicans as evil and hateful, is just simply not good for anything except for feuling fear and hate. (which, of course, is the "powers that be's" goal.

skews13, you went to the same school of community organizing as Barak Obama did, didn't you. Academia training leaders of what if what is doesn't exist in plain sight.

Then write rules of behavior as if now isn't eternity balancing out eternal details never duplicated within a same atmosphere.

Fallen from grace of understanding real to create a living hell of repeating the same mistakes every generation of another ancestor added within this atmosphere.

I don't have to harm you to send Eternal hell back inbetween your ears and behind your eyes, I just show you what real has always been and continues to remain now all the time in this space of details never duplicated within the same content of the periodic table of molecular elements mass.

energy cannot be created or destroyed while becoming everything here next, currently. Specific gravity is one mother father time could never rule overbut from within.

there goes the collapse of an ever expanding universe theory of anything is possible if one believes now isn't here all the time.

and obama isnt ticking everyone off? jesus

Rewind to last Nov....who WON?

The Pseudo scandals the Repubs are tryng to hype up...rather than actually DO GOVERNANCE...have pretty much petered out. The "Business" part of the GOP is...unable to manage the various cult factions they allied with to offset the obvious flaws in their whole "class warfare" approach to economic policy.

So...the WISE tactical few trying to advance the GOP...have bigots who...may not use overt slurs in public statements or burn crops but otherwise...flaunt their contempt. As regards women...Nobody can muzzle the idiot fringe who think and BLEAT that women who get raped...asked for it but "can't get pregnant from rape" ....While ...like having a GUN...having an ABORTION is a lawful right....the GOPs want to intimidate...mindfck,...abuse any woman who DARES counter the RELIGIOUS views of the GOP's Teabags.

Seriously? You preach "get Govt of our backs" then preach...shove an ultrasound probe into some young ladies snatch? How's that consistant? How do Paul + Paul want no "regulation" against POLLUTION....TOXIC DUMPING...Bigots...but want Govt to micro manage pregnancy? Sort of taint's the concept.

Blacks...Hispanics...WOMEN....GET that to a major part of the GOP...they are at best...CHEAP LABOR and are not WORTHY of much else.

Many of us...may like the right to shoot at stuff...but ALSO like the "right" to not get shot at. How is it good for ME for nutcase3s and criminals to have easy access to guns? To be able to TRAFFIC weapons? to have assault rifles and large clips so rather then a crime with 3-4 victims...they can go BIG body count...20....30...50....like a VIDEO GAME where you get POINTS for mowing down a lot of "expendable strangers. To the NRA lobby and the GOP...we are ALL expendable strangers. To them...my FRIENDS are simply moving targets.

The "modern Republican" it appears finds facts and truth...inconvenient. Mitt's moment of HONESTY....did him more damage that what boost he got from $100 million in well concealed funds to brainwash voters while...avoiding any real PROGRAM...and clear position.

Then...underestimating voters in the key state of Ohio...Mitt told "The Big Lie"....the Jeep thing....and then he was DONE.

All Koch's millions and all Koch's men could not put Mitt together again.

Massive voter suppression? Massive gerrymandering? This stuff varies by state but here in Ohio is so blatant...so hostile to the CONCEPT of Democracy...that it really mattered to a lot of voters who'd naturally be in the MIDDLE. A broad LACK OF INTEGRITY by the teabag controlled GOP....got my REPUB brother to vote OBAMA. Mitt...had nothing but the Teabags lust for power and general lack of integrity or good sense...was too much.

Dem Strategy for 2016...run as far from obama as your legs will take you

Hmmm, that is what happened to Romneys campaign donors after the 47% remark. So what would I be running from Obama for? All your scandals have failed, what is left that voters didn't know in the last election?

You'd really think they'd be personally insulted at the thought of being led to believe that the Republicans have a war on women, war on pooor, war on blacks, war on hispanics, war on....

I honestly can't see why intelligent people wouldn't be offended by such blatant silliness.

You can have honest convictions and differences of opinions. I think most cons realize that and simply think that we are right, but we understand where good liberals can think differently. But this whole false creation of Republicans as evil and hateful, is just simply not good for anything except for feuling fear and hate. (which, of course, is the "powers that be's" goal.

You're just blind to current legislation put forth by your own party. I think the "War on Women" is the most obvious. Romney kind of summed up the Republican attitude about women in the second debate when he said "If we're going to have women in the work place". It's stunning that the press didn't pick up the "if" in that sentence. Your party wants the woman bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen. Your party is a throw back to the fifties and legislating from fantasy land.

we are getting some conservatives in the republican party...not as many as i would like to see but a few...the upcoming elections will decide if i completely abandon the repubs or not...hopefully we replace a bunch of the old guard

I would hope you're right if I didn't care for this country. If your party goes any more conservative, they might as well wear the white hoods in the day time. I don't want your party to become more conservative even though I know that's the worst thing for your party. It's already a useless cancer on our government. I've never seen more ignorance in a political body. You have to go back to McCarthy to read such asinine comments. You have to go back to the civil war to see such division.

Just take immigration for instance. Your party isn't going to allow an immigration bill no matter what. Already proposed is a boarder that will be the most militarized zone since the Berlin War. The path to citizenship is 13 years. With both of these in place, I fear it will go nowhere, because your party has written off the Hispanic vote forever. Isn't that ridiculous? The path is 13 years, but your party never thinks it will regain the Hispanic vote.

Let's see, you're losing young voters, the women's vote, hispanics, blacks, and orientals. Is there any intelligence in this what so ever? Really. What is smart about this from a political perspective? It isn't smart. Your party is full of idiots.

Hmmm, that is what happened to Romneys campaign donors after the 47% remark. So what would I be running from Obama for? All your scandals have failed, what is left that voters didn't know in the last election?

The last election in 2012 was already decided back in 2006 you degenerate sheep............

Skews (and progressives who love America):

You can not fix stupid, and you can not help neo cons to grow a brain.

It jest ain't happening. Cons, republicans, tea baggers, and their

supporters on LF wallow happily in their stupidity.

The US Constitution means nothing to them.

Demand economics means nothing to them which is why we have super

supply of only crap made in crap china.

A healthy US economy means nothing to republicans as they whine and piss

and moan about obama and bush gloated over his new world order and global

economy which shut down our economy as they moved 20,000,000 jobs to asia

and brought in 20,000,000 illegals to work for slave wages.

This country is picking up momentum sliding down the slippery slope that

has doomed all once great countries, the country's wealth going faster and

faster to the rich, greedy azzholes while the middle class is pushed into poverty.

republicans have trashed the Constitution and the sound economic principles of George

Washington encouraging American manufacturing with high import tariffs and Henry Ford

paying high wages so his manufacturing workers could afford to buy cars, etc.

The govt and the rich who control them piss and moan about manning and snowden

instead of azzholes in govt being prosecuted for violations of the US Constitution.

up is down, and down is up to the morons in this country as the religious right get

their cancerous hands into control of govt.

Dem Strategy for 2016...run as far from obama as your legs will take you

Not really. While the GOP has TRIED hard to distort the facts,to OBSTRUCT...sabotage..do DAMAGE to America to get at the NEGRO in the WHITE House. They are TOO clumsy,obvious and PETTY about it.

What has the GOP house DONE? NUTHIN' They AVOID facing the JOBS PLAN...or morst RELEVANT business to do their little CHARADES wasting time on Far Right token bills that are a LOCK to fail in the Senate, would be vetoed on arrival by the Prez. It's the polital version of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum at the grocery store...an annoying thing and a DEAD END strategy by the brat.

Politics? Probably you act like an Adult would be step one. In 2012....Obama was still 50% black and we had not altogather bailed out of Afghanistan and the economy was improving ...but slowly. Voters SAW that he GOP ONLY wanted the RICHEST 1% to thrive. It was not well hidden. Occupy...was right about that CORE thing. Voters saw that while the Repubs DESPERATELY....fanatically...wanted to grab power...they were pathetically INEPT at using well power they HAD.

What are 3 things about Obama the Dems can't stand on? I'm not seeing anything. If anything...his FLAW may have been he was NAIVE about just how sociopathic,greedy,bigoted,STUPID a lot of elected GOPS were. Bi-Partisan? Fat chance.

Dem positions in 2016 won't be all that different from the last several elections. Nothing in the political philosophy of Obama is a departure from the Dem mainstream. Had Hillary been President...a Teabag house faction would STILL try to wreck the process of govening.

we are getting some conservatives in the republican party..

...:rolleyes:

...they all call themselves 'conservative'..which is defined as people who want to maintain the status quo...look it up..

...that's the problem...you goddamned fool 'conservatives' are always complaining about how things yet according to the dictionary you want to keep things the same...

BOTH DEMS AND REPS HAVE A DESTINY OF DESTRUCTION..........

The trend among the youth in America is constitutional libertarian................

GODS WILL BE DONE

Watching the almighty use Obama like a puppet to destroy the communist movement is very very interesting and gives me super great hope.

Not really. While the GOP has TRIED hard to distort the facts,to OBSTRUCT...sabotage..do DAMAGE to America to get at the NEGRO in the WHITE House. They are TOO clumsy,obvious and PETTY about it.

What has the GOP house DONE? NUTHIN' They AVOID facing the JOBS PLAN...or morst RELEVANT business to do their little CHARADES wasting time on Far Right token bills that are a LOCK to fail in the Senate, would be vetoed on arrival by the Prez. It's the polital version of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum at the grocery store...an annoying thing and a DEAD END strategy by the brat.

Voters SAW that he GOP ONLY wanted the RICHEST 1% to thrive. It was not well hidden. . . . Had Hillary been President...a Teabag house faction would STILL try to wreck the process of govening. You nailed it several times. repukicons do not care if they are in the white house or not. Nothing will change as to the tax code and protecting the rich as long as repukes can filibuster and control the house of representing the 1%. That is all that really matters to republicans. And the morons supporting them will do so just to control women and put phony christianity sharia law into our secular govt.

People are waking up to Obie being Bush on steroids. In the end though, it's not going to matter which puppet is getting his strings pulled. Always amazed at how the puppet masters have been able to divide the country while continuing the same course for all.

You're just blind to current legislation put forth by your own party. I think the "War on Women" is the most obvious. Romney kind of summed up the Republican attitude about women in the second debate when he said "If we're going to have women in the work place". It's stunning that the press didn't pick up the "if" in that sentence. Your party wants the woman bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen. Your party is a throw back to the fifties and legislating from fantasy land.
In some areas...Regressive Repubs even go WAY further backwards than the 50's. There's SO MUCH different forms of dumb and nasty goin on ...it seems a real trick to even keep the whole herd under control. I mean...you can have a female who WANTS women's rights...but is racist. you can have someone who's gung ho on a LOT of guns but also fussy about pollution + envioronmental issues. The GOP now seems to demand the Herd animals buy into a whole CHAIN of bad ideas.
BOTH DEMS AND REPS HAVE A DESTINY OF DESTRUCTION.......... The trend among the youth in America is constitutional libertarian................ GODS WILL BE DONE Watching the almighty use Obama like a puppet to destroy the communist movement is very very interesting and gives me super great hope.
Most people outgrow "Libertarian" about when they realize it ain't just about legal weed. The part about God doing US Politics and the fictional "Communist Movement" only proves again what a JOKE you are. You call yourself "TruthWarrior" and spout such bizzare and outdated nonsense? REALLY? Take your meds and STFU.

skews13, you went to the same school of community organizing as Barak Obama did, didn't you. Academia training leaders of what if what is doesn't exist in plain sight.

Then write rules of behavior as if now isn't eternity balancing out eternal details never duplicated within a same atmosphere.

Fallen from grace of understanding real to create a living hell of repeating the same mistakes every generation of another ancestor added within this atmosphere.

I don't have to harm you to send Eternal hell back inbetween your ears and behind your eyes, I just show you what real has always been and continues to remain now all the time in this space of details never duplicated within the same content of the periodic table of molecular elements mass.

energy cannot be created or destroyed while becoming everything here next, currently. Specific gravity is one mother father time could never rule overbut from within.

there goes the collapse of an ever expanding universe theory of anything is possible if one believes now isn't here all the time.

Sole Result, you and Bigsky seem to always post on the same threads. Is that just a coincidence?