snowden traitor or hero?

I lean toward thinking that him and that Manning dude are both attention seeking dolts with too much time on their hands.

On the same note the PRISM program sounds a little creepy, but I lean toward taking any conspiracy sounding crap I see on the net with a grain of salt.

So for all I know this Snowden guy could just be a paranoid conspiracy theorist. The fact that he's apparently a Ron Paul fan immediately gives me that idea.

I think he is a traitor. what says you.

What makes you say that? He did what he should have done, Bin Ladin is laughing in his watery grave, cause he knows he won. Look what he's turned OUR country into. China' We've been scolding China and the Soviets for generations on how they treat their people and now they too are laughing at America. What the private contractors that are running the NSA are doing is no different than what the KGB did to it's own people and continue to do in Soviet Union. Now ALL journalists are going to be gun shy of reporting corporate and govt. tyranny to the American people.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Added:

For a conservative, if he helped Americans in the long run, he's a hero.

Reverse the concept with antonyms of the underlined words.

That's my impression on how people roll here in NHB.

Yes snowden is a traitor.

Just like Ethel and Julius Rosenberg who thought they were doing a good thing by creating nuclear parity, snowden is a misguided person that could produce a problem like the spread of nuclear bombs that the Rosenbergs did.

We live in a society where the individual cannot be allowed to overrule the majority.

Yes snowden is a traitor.

Just like Ethel and Julius Rosenberg who thought they were doing a good thing by creating nuclear parity, snowden is a misguided person that could produce a problem like the spread of nuclear bombs that the Rosenbergs did.

We live in a society where the individual cannot be allowed to overrule the majority.

Only a minority can . . .

The US Constitution is the highest law of the land.

The fourth amendment requires a search warrant describing the thing

searched for based on some crime committed or about to be committed.

If anyone thinks that spying on all law abiding Americans, or searching all

law abiding Americans at airports and govt buildings is reasonable and

necessary because of a few azzhole, al qaeda criminals when this country has

50,000 gun deaths per year, the spying advocates and neo cons and chickenshits

who support the govt in this case all have their heads up their azzholes.

snowden, manning, assange all are being hounded and punished just like

the founders of this country were who would have been tortured and hung

by the british if they were caught. Even today, "terrorists" are held in gitmo

for decades with no trial, no chance to ever be free because of the azzholes

like dick head cheney once at the head of our govt.

The constitution has been trashed by republicans and there is no turning back

with all of the chickenshit repukicons supporting the govt wrecking the Constitution.

Conservatives have never been more spineless and chickensht then they are today, and they take their lead from Rush. Rush (and most of his followers) used to be able to take a stand on issues like this. Now, all they are concerned about is if/how it can hurt Obama. They could care less about preventing attacks or privacy. They could care less about embassy attacks or republican IRS employees scrutinizing tax-exempt forms. Their sad, pathetic purpose in life is "how does/can this negatively affect Obama".

That's a pretty harsh characterization for someone who blew the whistle on actions which the government is undertaking in contrast to the Constitution. But indeed he'll be charged as such, since it was an embarrassment to the Administration; but the extent to which it makes us less safe seems to me to be very near to zero, if not zero. And as a citizen, I wish for the transparent government Obama spoke of in the 2008 election.

So while neither is he a hero, I am grateful for his courage in making us better informed about our government. Ergo, IMO, in the spectrum between hero and traitor, I'd put him nearer the hero mark, than the traitor mark.

It seems like he is taking a communist country tour.

I doubt turning red is his motivation. He's going to more unfriendly countries to avoid extradition, no doubt. Sipping coffee in a Paris café is the fast track to being stuck in a hole here in the US. Were I on the run from the US Government, I too would go where I had a better chance of staying out of jail.

Snowden has raised serious concerns about civil liberties, but the manner in which he presented them convolutes his goals. Why leave the U.S.? Why leave bread crumbs that later become half-truths? I also recommend commenting about this topic on Press The President - www.XXXXXXXXXXX.com.

Edited by Misty
Please do not post links to another forum.

Snowden has raised serious concerns about civil liberties, but the manner in which he presented them convolutes his goals. Why leave the U.S.? Why leave bread crumbs that later become half-truths? I also recommend commenting about this topic on Press The President - www.XXXXXXXXX.com.

Are you glad you know what you do, thanks to Snowden? Or would you prefer to have remained ignorant of the spying on US Citizens without our consent, nor cause, pursuant to the Constitution?

Snowden has raised serious concerns about civil liberties, but the manner in which he presented them convolutes his goals. Why leave the U.S.? Why leave bread crumbs that later become half-truths? I also recommend commenting about this topic on Press The President - www.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.com.

If Snowden had followed the official, Stasi-approved whistleblower handbook, he'd be in prison (OR DEAD), and the American people wouldn't have heard a thing about the spying.

cc

It seems like he is taking a communist country tour.

Oh. You mean like the Soviet Union...

cc

He followed the constitution ,

He has seen wrong doing and made it public .

Even the nsa says "see something , report it " he did .

Why are Repubs so upset about Obama yet fail to defend one man that exposed to spy on us ?

I don't like servalice of the public , and if you believe the government that it will not use information found of you if you're not a terrorist ? You're a dumbass .

Now local law wants grants for drones , saying the same cra- , we won't be looking into widows to watch you . Bull sh! t

So if you say he's a traitor ? Then you're in favor of big brother government .

I dont think running helped his cause. especially running to americas enemies.

Beats being in jail, and running to friends (with extradition treaties) is the fast track to being in a US jail. So cling to the red herring, if you have no other objection. But it's a diversion from discussing what he did, whether you agree or disagree.

The US Constitution is the highest law of the land.

The fourth amendment requires a search warrant describing the thing

searched for based on some crime committed or about to be committed.

If anyone thinks that spying on all law abiding Americans, or searching all

law abiding Americans at airports and govt buildings is reasonable and

necessary because of a few azzhole, al qaeda criminals when this country has

50,000 gun deaths per year, the spying advocates and neo cons and chickenshits

who support the govt in this case all have their heads up their azzholes.

snowden, manning, assange all are being hounded and punished just like

the founders of this country were who would have been tortured and hung

by the british if they were caught. Even today, "terrorists" are held in gitmo

for decades with no trial, no chance to ever be free because of the azzholes

like dick head cheney once at the head of our govt.

The constitution has been trashed by republicans and there is no turning back

with all of the chickenshit repukicons supporting the govt wrecking the Constitution.

I thought you describing the Obama Administration till you got to the last paragraph.