ISSA'S IRS CIRCUS just lost it's big top!!!

Documents show IRS also screened liberal groups

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Internal Revenue Service's screening of groups seeking tax-exempt status was broader and lasted longer than has been previously disclosed, the new head of the agency acknowledged Monday. Terms including "Israel," "Progressive" and "Occupy" were used by agency workers to help pick groups for closer examination, according to an internal IRS document obtained by The Associated Press.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20130624/DA74CMK00.html

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Internal Revenue Service's screening of groups seeking tax-exempt status was broader and lasted longer than has been previously disclosed, the new head of the agency acknowledged Monday. Terms including "Israel," "Progressive" and "Occupy" were used by agency workers to help pick groups for closer examination, according to an internal IRS document obtained by The Associated Press.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20130624/DA74CMK00.html

Do you believe the IRS is clean?

Then why did that woman plead the fifth?

For valid legal reasons having to do with what 'pleading the fifth' actually means, which you would not have to have explained to you if you knew enough about your subject to be entitled to a claim of credibility on it.

Do you believe the IRS is clean?

Clean? The one that is not clean is george over at the Treasury if you read the article. I want to know when Issa knew this information and why he didn't act sooner to prevent obstruction, why he didn't come clean with the American people. I think we have a right to know when this bastard is blowing millions of our tax dollars on this circus going no where. Why has he selectively chosen to only investigate con partys, and not all partys with leg in the game??

Then why did that woman plead the fifth?

Then why didn't Issa tell America the whole truth and nothing but the truth, instead he has stone walled and impeded a federal investigation. I want to know when Isssa is going to be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. Watch that bastard plead the 5th!!!

For valid legal reasons having to do with what 'pleading the fifth' actually means, which you would not have to have explained to you if you knew enough about your subject to be entitled to a claim of credibility on it.

Humor me. Explain to me why a person would plead the fifth if they are innocent.

Clean? The one that is not clean is george over at the Treasury if you read the article. I want to know when Issa knew this information and why he didn't act sooner to prevent obstruction, why he didn't come clean with the American people. I think we have a right to know when this bastard is blowing millions of our tax dollars on this circus going no where. Why has he selectively chosen to only investigate con partys, and not all partys with leg in the game??

Then why didn't Issa tell America the whole truth and nothing but the truth, instead he has stone walled and impeded a federal investigation. I want to know when Isssa is going to be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. Watch that bastard plead the 5th!!!

So you think the IRS should be ignored?

LOL!

I wonder if these "documents" didn't just appear out of whole cloth after the IRS scandal took root.

I don't trust these folks not to have created these documents to try and get out of the IRS debacle.

They've already lied under oath.

I don't trust them because there no evidence that the IRS actually did what these documents suggest.

The IRS did NOT treat "progressive" and "occupy" groups the same as they treated "tea party" and "patriot" groups.

This is an undeniable fact at this point.

In fact, I've only heard FOUR liberal leaning groups actually named so far as having been reviewed.

They are Chicago News Cooperative (CNC), Progress Texas (PT), Clean Elections Texas (CET), and Emerge America (EA).

CNC was a news organization so underserving of tax exempt status that the application was denied.

PT dishonestly claimed it faced the same 3rd degree that conservative groups did ... but they weren't asked to provide copies of all their activities on Facebook and Twitter, or for resumes and employment background of their officials, or asked whether any of their officials had served on the board of another organization or planned to run for office. Whereas many Tea Party groups were.

CET was delayed but for far less time than the average conservative group. In fact, they received tax-exempt status within months of applying in 2010.

And EA also had its application denied ... and rightly so given their own website states "Emerge America is the premier training program for Democratic women. We inspire women to run, we hone their skills to win. Our goal is clear: to increase the number of Democratic women in public office." They should never even have applied.

Now if you LF liberals would like to name any other liberal leaning groups that supposedly were *targeted* by the IRS, go ahead.

I'd be glad to look closely at them too. :D

The reason a person pleads the fifth is so they will not say something that will reveal their guilt. In other words, you are going to have to find the evidence all on your own that shows I'm guilty without me volunteering anything. That's why a person pleads the fifth, you pusillanimous pissants.

So many partisan hacks around here who hate honesty and integrity in govt. YOU pissants are responsible for the sewage in Washington we call govt these days. It's sleazy and corrupt and you leftists are responsible because of your hate, dishonesty, and lack of integrity. You're nothing but bootlickers.

I wonder if these "documents" didn't just appear out of whole cloth after the IRS scandal took root.

This has been known for weeks. I even posted it about 3 weeks ago. Not surprised you weren't aware of it. I find 99% of cons totally uninformed on what the hell is happening. I suspect it's your media sources who keep facts like this from you.

Your Carnival is coming to an end.

This has been known for weeks. I even posted it about 3 weeks ago.

You still haven't proven the documents are real.

They very easily could have been created a few weeks ago to try and take the heat off the IRS.

These people have already proven themselves THAT dishonest.

And again, I challenge you to provide any evidence that liberal groups actually were targeted equally to conservative groups.

So far I've heard the names of 4 organizations and that's it.

And you can toss out every one of those four as being comparable to what conservative groups demonstrably experienced.

The reason a person pleads the fifth is so they will not say something that will reveal their guilt. In other words, you are going to have to find the evidence all on your own that shows I'm guilty without me volunteering anything. That's why a person pleads the fifth, you pusillanimous pissants.

So many partisan hacks around here who hate honesty and integrity in govt. YOU pissants are responsible for the sewage in Washington we call govt these days. It's sleazy and corrupt and you leftists are responsible because of your hate, dishonesty, and lack of integrity. You're nothing but bootlickers.

Oh cry me a river honey. You are so blind to reality I have to ask, do you sell pencils on the corner?

You still haven't proven the documents are real.

They very easily could have been created a few weeks ago to try and take the heat off the IRS.

These people have already proven themselves THAT dishonest.

And again, I challenge you to provide any evidence that liberal groups actually were targeted equally to conservative groups.

So far I've heard the names of 4 organizations and that's it.

And you can toss out every one of those four as being comparable to what conservative groups demonstrably experienced.

When the IRS first revealed that its Cincinnati office had attempted to enforce its nonprofit laws using a search function that disproportionately impacted conservatives, Republicans were certain it must have come from the White House. They were going to follow the facts. But all of the facts point in the same direction, which is that the Obama administration had nothing to do with it at all. That was the conclusion of the agency’s inspector-general report, as well as the House Oversight Committee’s own interviews, which the Republican majority tried to suppress and which (when the Democrats released them) showed the operation was an independent, well-intentioned effort to enforce the law led by an IRS official who happens to be a conservative Republican.

If wingnuts had consciences, they'd feel pretty stupid.

And this makes what the IRS did any less horrible, why?

If anything, maybe now the liberals will sit up and take notice that the IRS at least needs an overhaul, and at best, should be disbanded.

If it can happen to us, it can happen to you. Remember? I told you so.

And this makes what the IRS did any less horrible, why?

If anything, maybe now the liberals will sit up and take notice that the IRS at least needs an overhaul, and at best, should be disbanded.

If it can happen to us, it can happen to you. Remember? I told you so.

The IRS did their job what they are supposed to do. Investigate people who try to get away with not paying all of their taxes.

You can't handle that another of your nonscandals have fizzled out.

i am not surprised if the IRS is found to have been targeting

liberal, progressives, thinking people since it was a republican

IRS appointed manager conducting the illegal activities.

Which, if true, makes it no less right than the converse. Again, wake up. This is what we've been saying from the beginning. It's not about right/left. It's about government overreach.

The IRS did their job what they are supposed to do. Investigate people who try to get away with not paying all of their taxes.

No, they didn't, and that's the bloody point. Targeting any group because of their political leanings is bad.

Which is why people are in trouble, why there is continuing bipartisan investigation, and why you should be worried.

i am not surprised if the IRS is found to have been targeting

liberal, progressives, thinking people since it was a republican

IRS appointed manager conducting the illegal activities.

The manager is a Democrat and was appointed as an act of bipartisanship. That's the part the lying left neglects to mention.

Are you really one of these stooges who thinks the POTUS gets involved in all of the hundreds of thousands of federal workers daily assignments?

Are you one of those stooges who thinks any time someone says Democrat they really meant POTUS?

The chain of command, his supervisor, was a Democrat. Unless you think he reported directly to POTUS, this is misdirection at best.

Are you really one of these stooges who thinks the POTUS gets involved in all of the hundreds of thousands of federal workers daily assignments?

Obama has many bootlickers in govt and on forums. You're one. Bootlickers know what to do without being told. That's how they gain favor and get close to their master.