Ruling favors 6 year old transgender girl

...this how wacky the libturds have become!!!!

Ruling favors US transgender girl
2013-06-24 21:31

Denver - A 6-year-old transgender girl will be able to return to school after winning the right to use the girls' bathroom.
The New York-based Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund announced the ruling in favor of Coy Mathis on Sunday. Lawyers plan to explain the ruling Monday in Denver.

The group filed the complaint on behalf of Kathryn and Jeremy Mathis claiming that the first-grader had been discriminated against at Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain, near Colorado Springs. Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 has declined to discuss the case, but Coy's parents said they were told in December that she had to either use the bathroom in the teachers' lounge or one in the nurse's office after the holiday break.

The Mathises feared going along with that would stigmatize Coy and open her up to bullying.

She was home schooled for the rest of the school year as the complaint was considered.

School districts in many states, including Colorado, have enacted policies that allow transgender students to use the bathroom of the gender with which they identify. Sixteen states, including Colorado, have anti-discrimination laws that include protections for transgender people.

A similar case is pending in Maine. The state's highest court heard arguments earlier this month about whether school officials violated the rights of Nicole Maines, now 15, by requiring her to use a staff bathroom after there was a complaint about her using the girls' bathroom.

The Mathises said Coy, a triplet, showed an early preference for things associated with girls. At 5 months, she took a pink blanket meant for her sister Lily. Later, she showed little interest in toy cars and boy clothes with pictures of sports, monsters and dinosaurs on them.

She refused to leave the house if she had to wear boy clothes and became depressed and withdrawn, telling her parents at one point that she wanted to get "fixed" by a doctor.

They said they later learned she had gender identity disorder - a condition in which someone identifies as the opposite gender. The Mathises said they decided to help Coy live as a girl and she came out of her shell.

- AP

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has a problem with this is afraid of things they don't understand and won't look into.

..you actually believe this?

The Mathises said Coy, a triplet, showed an early preference for things associated with girls. At 5 months, she took a pink blanket meant for her sister Lily. Later, she showed little interest in toy cars and boy clothes with pictures of sports, monsters and dinosaurs on them.

She refused to leave the house if she had to wear boy clothes and became depressed and withdrawn, telling her parents at one point that she wanted to get "fixed" by a doctor.

They said they later learned she had gender identity disorder - a condition in which someone identifies as the opposite gender. The Mathises said they decided to help Coy live as a girl and she came out of her shell.

The parent who allowed this to be done to their child should be flogged, and thrown in San Quentin.

I agree!!! Only libturds will do THIS to their own child!

Hell, I know several boys who played with dolls and NEVER turned out to be gay or whatever this poor kid is...

so the libs want open gender restrooms in elementary school? Lisab you are fu cking ridiculous...i would pull my daughter out of any school that freak belonged to

Girls restrooms don't have urinals dumbass. No one is going to see anything they are not supposed to in a locked stahl.

Denver - A 6-year-old transgender girl will be able to return to school after winning the right to use the girls' bathroom.

The New York-based Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund announced the ruling in favor of Coy Mathis on Sunday. Lawyers plan to explain the ruling Monday in Denver.

The group filed the complaint on behalf of Kathryn and Jeremy Mathis claiming that the first-grader had been discriminated against at Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain, near Colorado Springs. Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 has declined to discuss the case, but Coy's parents said they were told in December that she had to either use the bathroom in the teachers' lounge or one in the nurse's office after the holiday break.

The Mathises feared going along with that would stigmatize Coy and open her up to bullying.

She was home schooled for the rest of the school year as the complaint was considered.

School districts in many states, including Colorado, have enacted policies that allow transgender students to use the bathroom of the gender with which they identify. Sixteen states, including Colorado, have anti-discrimination laws that include protections for transgender people.

A similar case is pending in Maine. The state's highest court heard arguments earlier this month about whether school officials violated the rights of Nicole Maines, now 15, by requiring her to use a staff bathroom after there was a complaint about her using the girls' bathroom.

- AP

All those girls have rights too. I don't have a problem with gender identity disorder. Whatever floats your boat. But this is ridiculous.

All those girls have rights too. I don't have a problem with gender identity disorder. Whatever floats your boat. But this is ridiculous.

wow... the parents decided the kid's fate at the age of 5 months??? I'm stunned...

Well, what did you expect from libturds?

Cannon hangs out in men's restrooms not women's

well i first met cannon in a womans bathroom...you see.. i pretend to get confused about my gender identity so i can get cheap thrills in the womans restroom

well i first met cannon in a womans bathroom...you see.. i pretend to get confused about my gender identity so i can get cheap thrills in the womans restroom

since you're a man with experience I must ask...does it work for dressing rooms, locker rooms, and showers?

- AP

Could an adult male with age identity disorder plus gender identity disorder also use the bathroom?

Wonder how dumb things will really get?

Can lawyers possibly get any dumber?

So. Responses are "parents MADE him do it" and 5th-grade level tee-hee humor. You people are pathetic.

Look. The parents didn't MAKE anyone do ANYTHING:

"The Mathises said Coy, a triplet, showed an early preference for things associated with girls. At 5 months, she took a pink blanket meant for her sister Lily. Later, she showed little interest in toy cars and boy clothes with pictures of sports, monsters and dinosaurs on them.

"She refused to leave the house if she had to wear boy clothes and became depressed and withdrawn, telling her parents at one point that she wanted to get "fixed" by a doctor."

You see that?

And they didn't even know what was happening:

"They said they later LEARNED she had gender identity disorder - a CONDITION in which someone identifies as the opposite gender. The Mathises said they decided to help Coy live as a girl and she came out of her shell."

They could have been like you fools and tried to force this child to become something other than what he/she is, like those idiots who try to "cure" gay people, and we all read the thread where the HEAD of Exodus ADMITTED THERE'S NO CHANGING THIS KIND OF THING. He even admitted he's still gay after going through all that stuff and he APOLOGIZED to the people whose lives have been screwed up big time by this fraudulent "therapy."

Probably no one here is old enough to remember when left-handed children were thought to be sick and crazed and teachers tied their left hands behind their backs and made them use only their right hands. Do you dweebs know what happens to a child when you do that to them? They get blinding headaches and their noses bleed.

This is what happens when frightened people try to force other people to do things that will make THEM -- the ones doing the forcing -- FEEL BETTER.

Do you people care so little about others that you would force them to be what they are not, even the face of clear evidence that such forcing DOES -- NOT -- WORK?

So. Responses are "parents MADE him do it" and 5th-grade level tee-hee humor. You people are pathetic.

Look. The parents didn't MAKE anyone do ANYTHING:

"The Mathises said Coy, a triplet, showed an early preference for things associated with girls. At 5 months, she took a pink blanket meant for her sister Lily. Later, she showed little interest in toy cars and boy clothes with pictures of sports, monsters and dinosaurs on them.

"She refused to leave the house if she had to wear boy clothes and became depressed and withdrawn, telling her parents at one point that she wanted to get "fixed" by a doctor."

You see that?

And they didn't even know what was happening:

"They said they later LEARNED she had gender identity disorder - a CONDITION in which someone identifies as the opposite gender. The Mathises said they decided to help Coy live as a girl and she came out of her shell."

They could have been like you fools and tried to force this child to become something other than what he/she is, like those idiots who try to "cure" gay people, and we all read the thread where the HEAD of Exodus ADMITTED THERE'S NO CHANGING THIS KIND OF THING. He even admitted he's still gay after going through all that stuff and he APOLOGIZED to the people whose lives have been screwed up big time by this fraudulent "therapy."

Probably no one here is old enough to remember when left-handed children were thought to be sick and crazed and teachers tied their left hands behind their backs and made them use only their right hands. Do you dweebs know what happens to a child when you do that to them? They get blinding headaches and their noses bleed.

This is what happens when frightened people try to force other people to do things that will make THEM -- the ones doing the forcing -- FEEL BETTER.

Do you people care so little about others that you would force them to be what they are not, even the face of clear evidence that such forcing DOES -- NOT -- WORK?

I said nothing about forcing any child to do anything. The school's solution was a fair one. Many young girls also have rights.

That being said, the parents actions were forceful. Basically forcing everyone to cater to and accommodate their daughter at the sacrifice of many many others.

I said nothing about forcing any child to do anything. The school's solution was a fair one. Many young girls also have rights.

That being said, the parents actions were forceful. Basically forcing everyone to cater to and accommodate their daughter at the sacrifice of many many others.

Well then what's to be done? White people who didn't want blacks in school with their children talked just like you're talking now. They didn't want their children to have to "cater to and accommodate" black children at the "sacrifice" (are we kidding here?) of "many many others."

We used to not let people with epilepsy, cerebral palsy, and many other conditions near our kids because we had screwed-up ideas about people with these conditions. What's any different about gender orientation? What's so all-fired s-c-a-r-y about such kids? You don't give children credit. They LEARN to hate and fear from hating and fearful parents. But when you teach them what a transgendered person is, they accept that person, just as they accept a blind or deaf child or one who walks funny or is in a wheelchair.

Well then what's to be done? White people who didn't want blacks in school with their children talked just like you're talking now. They didn't want their children to have to "cater to and accommodate" black children at the "sacrifice" (are we kidding here?) of "many many others."

Really? You're using race to defend your stance on this? Are you going to tell me the faculty bathroom isn't equal to the young girls bathroom too?

Really? You're using race to defend your stance on this? Are you going to tell me the faculty bathroom isn't equal to the young girls bathroom too?

For God's sake stop acting like you don't know anything. No, I'm not using "race". I'm pointing out an example that's similar, where difference became an unnecessary issue. Here's another: Helen Keller, blind and deaf, fell in love with a fellow student, a guy she went to college with. But in that day and age, it was thought that a person with disabilities was not to enjoy life, had to remain celibate, could not love another. You agree with that, hm? I doubt it. These are all about the same thing: the acceptance of human beings who aren't cookie-cutter each-the-same-as-everyone-else kids with no problems, conditions, or whatever. Why do you want to punish children who cannot help what they are and who, for the love of Pete, are no threat to anyone except for people who cannot accept differences.