Carney Has Dodged 9,486 Questions

Yahoo News: Carney Has Dodged 9,486 Questions

Yahoo News has not only counted the number of times the White House press secretary has dodged reporters’ questions since he held his first press briefing on Feb. 16, 2011; it has put them into categories.

The latest tally stands at 9,486 evaded questions. Of course, that was as of this morning, who knows how many he’s up to by this afternoon?

A Yahoo News analysis of the 444 briefings that Carney has held since becoming White House press secretary has identified 13 distinct strains in the way he dodges a reporter’s question. For example, he’s used some variation of “I don’t have the answer” more than 1,900 times. In 1,383 cases he referred a question to someone else. But will he at least speculate on hypotheticals? No. In fact, he has refused to do so 525 times.

The breakdown, according to Yahoo!, includes:

I don’t have the answer (1905 times)
I would refer you to someone else (1383 times)
You already know the answer (1125 times)
I’m not going to tell you (939 times)
Not that I know of (927 times)
I don’t want to (588 times)
I’m not sure (549 times)
I won’t speculate (525 times)
No comment (429 times)
I’ll get back to you (387 times)
It’s a good question (381 times)
See yesterday’s non-response (231 times)
The president won’t tell me (117 times)

I’d love to give Carney credit for the creativity, but with a mentor like Barack Obama, how can he possibly miss? The “most transparent administration in history” has raised – or would that be, “lowered”? – the bar for blowing off the media.

,,,what an IDIOT!! :lol:

Yahoo News has not only counted the number of times the White House press secretary has dodged reporters’ questions since he held his first press briefing on Feb. 16, 2011; it has put them into categories.

The latest tally stands at 9,486 evaded questions. Of course, that was as of this morning, who knows how many he’s up to by this afternoon?

A Yahoo News analysis of the 444 briefings that Carney has held since becoming White House press secretary has identified 13 distinct strains in the way he dodges a reporter’s question. For example, he’s used some variation of “I don’t have the answer” more than 1,900 times. In 1,383 cases he referred a question to someone else. But will he at least speculate on hypotheticals? No. In fact, he has refused to do so 525 times.

I’m not sure (549 times)

No comment (429 times)

I’d love to give Carney credit for the creativity, but with a mentor like Barack Obama, how can he possibly miss? The “most transparent administration in history” has raised – or would that be, “lowered”? – the bar for blowing off the media.

Yea ...I used to think Robert Gibbs was bad, then came this paid liar!

I’m not sure (549 times)

No comment (429 times)

He may hold the record for most lies told by a white house press secretary.