Exodus head says gays can't be converted; closes clinic

He admits he's still attracted to men but represses it. He's closed the clinic and has admitted it has harmed over, I believe, a thousand people. He no longer wants to hurt people by trying to "cure" them of something that can't be changed -- and why would it need to be "cured?"

In this video, Anderson Cooper says he meets people who call themselves "ex-gays," but who admit they still have same-sex attraction -- they're just repressing it, not acting on it. That doesn't mean you're ex-gay, for heaven's sake. If a hetero becomes celibate, does that mean he or she is no longer hetero? Of course not.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/06/21/ac-ling-intv-exodus-clinic.cnn.html

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He admits he's still attracted to men but represses it. He's closed the clinic and has admitted it has harmed over, I believe, a thousand people. He no longer wants to hurt people by trying to "cure" them of something that can't be changed -- and why would it need to be "cured?"

In this video, Anderson Cooper says he meets people who call themselves "ex-gays," but who admit they still have same-sex attraction -- they're just repressing it, not acting on it. That doesn't mean you're ex-gay, for heaven's sake. If a hetero becomes celibate, does that mean he or she is no longer hetero? Of course not.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/06/21/ac-ling-intv-exodus-clinic.cnn.html

He should have been smart enough to realize that you can't pray genes away, or talk them out of a person in the first place, I have not had one instance in my lifetime where a person being gay has done me any harm, and it's very hard for me to understand the hatred some have for them. I always felt that is just left more choices of women out there for us straight guys. The con talkers can tell their pawns to hate gays, and the cons will jump on it, like stink on s--t. Cons spend too much of their time worrying about what others do, and far too little time worrying about what they do.

It's not purely a genetic phenomena. Other than that I agree with your post.

OK, so maybe you don't care which gender you have sex with, but I can assure you that you are not like the rest of us are not like you, and can't swing both ways, have you ever considered that you have both genes and you probably are bisexual?

OK, so maybe you don't care which gender you have sex with, but I can assure you that you are not like the rest of us are not like you, and can't swing both ways, have you ever considered that you have both genes and you probably are bisexual?

All humans can find a variety of sexual outlets and develop their orientations accordingly. Prisons and long military deployments demonstrate this, 13 year olds having sex with food products illustrate it. No one is born hard wired to have hetero or homo relations.

well, of course they can't be cured of that illness. why do you think god commanded to simply kill them? he knew they were a lost cause from the beginning.

Neo and Str8t have both argued that they could see themselves going down on a guy if their life experiences would have been different. If they would have had different parents, siblings, friends, etc. they could easily bury their face you-know-where. I'm hard wired, but they admit they are soft wired. They are the type of patients that get "converted".

Just hypothetically speaking - if there was a way to change sexuality - not saying there is but if there was, why would this be such an outrage?

All humans can find a variety of sexual outlets and develop their orientations accordingly. Prisons and long military deployments demonstrate this, 13 year olds having sex with food products illustrate it. No one is born hard wired to have hetero or homo relations.

Which food products did you have sex with at age 13?

no one has ever been "cured" of gayness at a reorientation clinic. The whole concept is laughable.

In fact, trying to reorient someone is damaging and hurtful. When a gay person doesn't change, they're likely to think "Jesus doesn't love me". many have. This sets them up for depression and low self esteem.

In a few states such programs are illegal...they should be illegal in all 50.

He should have been smart enough to realize that you can't pray genes away, or talk them out of a person in the first place, I have not had one instance in my lifetime where a person being gay has done me any harm, and it's very hard for me to understand the hatred some have for them. I always felt that is just left more choices of women out there for us straight guys. The con talkers can tell their pawns to hate gays, and the cons will jump on it, like stink on s--t. Cons spend too much of their time worrying about what others do, and far too little time worrying about what they do.

So if its genetic , in theory the homo gene would die out since homos don't have children. So the sooner everyone accepts homosexuality, the sooner closet homos don't have to use families as fronts. No children6 to pass the gene down, the gene dies....

So the end result everyone is happy

Homosexuals are accepted

Homophobes are happy because eventually the homos will die out.

I know it's a flawed theory...

I just don't have strong opinions on homosexuality ...nay or yay

no one has ever been "cured" of gayness at a reorientation clinic. The whole concept is laughable.

In fact, trying to reorient someone is damaging and hurtful. When a gay person doesn't change, they're likely to think "Jesus doesn't love me". many have. This sets them up for depression and low self esteem.

In a few states such programs are illegal...they should be illegal in all 50.

Well, don't you think it would be best if we didn't worry about who is fùcking who... unless it's your wife or somethung

To the think about it ..

"Exodus head says gays can't be converted; closes clinic"

did they try shock therapy ?

they shouldnt give up so easily

yeah. really. i mean, didn't jesus say, "if thy hand offend thee, cut it off"? seems like if they really wanted to stop being gay, they could have self-castrated.

do you think pedophiles are born that way too ??

this is why i don't see where it even matters if they were born that way or not. maybe some people are born gay. maybe some are born pedophiles. maybe some are born psychopathic serial killers. who cares? a sick mind is a sick mind. doesn't matter why it's sick. either cure it or kill it.