LiberalForum 2013: Double-Digit Participation a Treat!

Here it is 10:28 p.m. Pacific time and there are EIGHT people signed onto "America's Premier Liberal Forum!" How sad is this? This is a growing movement all right. Unfortunately it is of the bowel nature. We can't even get double-digit participation anymore?

This site isn't even on the first page of Google when you do a search for 'political forums'.

Heck maybe a site name change would be in order, since this isn't really much of a Liberal Forum anyway. That liberals-only section is dead as a doornail. Makes me think that with a site name like this, it's mainly going to draw liberals looking for an actual liberal forum (like DailyKos), who'll then just leave when they realize it's a free-for-all. If the site name fit the forum better then it might draw more members from the search engines.

Just my two cents.

Well that doesn't say a lot of that crop - wonder if most of them were rejects from 4chan?

It was a bad time, full of blood and terror. Shit really hit the fan when JTZilla proposed a 1-post-per-week rule to encourage people to make longer and more thoughtful posts.

It was a bad time, full of blood and terror. Shit really hit the fan when JTZilla proposed a 1-post-per-week rule to encourage people to make longer and more thoughtful posts.

I'm glad I didn't post much last year.

1 post per week though is pretty absurd - great way to kill off a forum.

I actually saw Nightstalker post up two complete sentences a couple of weeks ago in an effort towards thoughtfulness.

I have satellite IP and couldn't get on line all night because of the weather.

I had to take a Valium and I'm still shaken !

Jay...here's a BHO just for you / OK you to jayjay:

Thanks for that, Old Mack. By the way, I was reading recently about how Google is going to start using balloons to bring internet access to remote rural communities. Farmers will have more reason than ever to fear inclement weather.

I actually saw Nightstalker post up two complete sentences a couple of weeks ago in an effort towards thoughtfulness.

That guy somehow manages to be offensive using a single word, sometimes.

Here it is 10:28 p.m. Pacific time and there are EIGHT people signed onto "America's Premier Liberal Forum!" How sad is this? This is a growing movement all right. Unfortunately it is of the bowel nature. We can't even get double-digit participation anymore?

Well there's been a lot of crackdown on soks so we're really not sure if we have less traffic or less soks? :huh: Seems A LOT of posters post during library hours to so that might account for the decrease at night.

Maybe unemployment is dropping, LOL.

but that closing requirement... that was a clincher... for some reason, people were rejecting the idea that they should say

"In god's name, amen", at the end of every post. That zilla guy thinks of everything.

This site isn't even on the first page of Google when you do a search for 'political forums'.

Heck maybe a site name change would be in order, since this isn't really much of a Liberal Forum anyway. That liberals-only section is dead as a doornail. Makes me think that with a site name like this, it's mainly going to draw liberals looking for an actual liberal forum (like DailyKos), who'll then just leave when they realize it's a free-for-all. If the site name fit the forum better then it might draw more members from the search engines.

Just my two cents.

I agree 100%. What would you re-name it?

Well there's been a lot of crackdown on soks so we're really not sure if we have less traffic or less soks? :huh: Seems A LOT of posters post during library hours to so that might account for the decrease at night.

We needed the crackdown on soks.

I'll be honest, after 10pm I don't want to deal with half of the lowbrows that frequent this forum.

I like quiet nights with a few active posters.

I usually get loud nights and having to tell certain posters to quit licking the windows and eating the crayons.

-NW

Just my two cents.

may as well keep it the name it is. it draws both libs who wanna circle jerk and cons wanting to troll. the "free-for-all" they end up finding

is what gives the place it's lasting charm. the weather has a lot to do with numbers dropping, i'm sure. people wanna be outside on these warm days.

plus it's kind of hum-drum now as far as political news. the scandals have become so constant, they've become a bore.

I agree 100%. What would you re-name it?

Ho Holds Barrelled Political Forum - or something like that. Then have a 2nd conservatives only room to go along with the liberals only.

may as well keep it the name it is. it draws both libs who wanna circle jerk and cons wanting to troll. the "free-for-all" they end up finding

is what gives the place it's lasting charm. the weather has a lot to do with numbers dropping, i'm sure. people wanna be outside on these warm days.

plus it's kind of hum-drum now as far as political news. the scandals have become so constant, they've become a bore.

Names don't really mean much, was just my idea on how to draw more traffic.