What is better for society?

I botched the title of the other thread, perhaps it could be deleted.

Is it better for society if a corporation has its profit taxed at 25% or to take that same amount of profit and use it for wages for employees that will net say 15% tax for our beloved government?

Well, the thing is, he's mostly making a meaningless post. Corporations don't pay taxes, taxes are merely another expense that are passed on to the consumer. The government could tax the corporation at 100% and it won't make a bit of difference as the citizen will be paying twice; corporate taxes and income taxes.

Well, the thing is, he's mostly making a meaningless post. Corporations don't pay taxes, taxes are merely another expense that are passed on to the consumer. The government could tax the corporation at 100% and it won't make a bit of difference as the citizen will be paying twice; corporate taxes and income taxes.

Well, I agree. The question wasn't for you. No liberal will think about it if you give them the answer they don't want to hear.

I ask the question because a profit of say $100,000 taxed at 25% is $25,000 for our beloved government. However, if that profit is used to pay 10 people $10,000 each who pay 15% tax, it only nets our beloved government $15,000. Mathematically speaking, so long as the same percentage (15% in this case) is applied, it is quite easy to see that the number of people and the amount of profit each one gets doesn't matter. It still adds up to only $15,000 for our beloved government instead of $25,000. So I ask, which one is better for society?

People just don't understand that we live in a very competitive global economy. You can say all you want but in the end the more the Gov takes the less competitive we become. It's really pretty simple.

People just don't understand that we live in a very competitive global economy. You can say all you want but in the end the more the Gov takes the less competitive we become. It's really pretty simple.

Well, it's not that simple. Neither is calculating tax incidence.

I'm not in favor of raising taxes on your business, RSIG!

I hear ya. Taxes one one of the major factors of me restructuring my corp and moving it outside the US. I have no problem with taxes and I understand we need them in order to have the country we do. If we continue to raise corp taxes and or keep it at 35%, we will continue to watch corps and job leaving.

I prefer not to discuss such issues with people who actually have practical knowledge of them.

I don't have much experience with businesses that earn billions, millions, hundreds of thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars in profits. Does it really make that much difference to my question?

I prefer not to discuss such issues with people who actually have practical knowledge of them.

Bro im in it and have been for years. I have had revenues over 50m a year and I still need so much to learn. My CFO has fits with me for doing things on what he calls the back of the napkin. What I do know is cash flow and profit and loss. We continue to increase our GOGS with things like taxes and wages. I think people should get what the deserve and for what they bring to the table. With that said, it gets harder and harder each year do to global competition and most Americans getting things for the cheapest possible. How do we compete with places like India or Korea when most Americans support their products over ours? I have lost a lot of Gov contracts to companies from Asia and even Europe because I cannot compete with their much lower cost of doing business. My engineers hourly bill rate is 250 while others our at 100. We really need to get a handle on this or like I have said many times, we will continue to see jobs and corps leave this country.

Yes, I agree they don't fking pay, they get paid by the taxpayer!!!! That is why I say, drop all regulations and shit can oversight, and let the courts baby these corporate assholes in lawsuits that put money in customers pockets.

Make the stock market illegal because it funnels off the wages & benefits of the American familys who should be rewarded for their work, not some lazy fking slob who never worked a day in his life, called a stock holder. This also frees up capital to banks to use for home, car, educational loans for Americans.

Penalize these fking corporations who offshore profits at 90%, and make bring that capital back to America's use, or get the fk out.

Yes, I agree they don't fking pay, they get paid by the taxpayer!!!! That is why I say, drop all regulations and shit can oversight, and let the courts baby these corporate assholes in lawsuits that put money in customers pockets.

Make the stock market illegal because it funnels off the wages & benefits of the American familys who should be rewarded for their work, not some lazy fking slob who never worked a day in his life, called a stock holder. This also frees up capital to banks to use for home, car, educational loans for Americans.

Penalize these fking corporations who offshore profits at 90%, and make bring that capital back to America's use, or get the fk out.

I'm willing to bet that you do pretty well and live off a union pension from the same corps you want to hammer.

Bro im in it and have been for years. I have had revenues over 50m a year and I still need so much to learn. My CFO has fits with me for doing things on what he calls the back of the napkin. What I do know is cash flow and profit and loss. We continue to increase our GOGS with things like taxes and wages. I think people should get what the deserve and for what they bring to the table. With that said, it gets harder and harder each year do to global competition and most Americans getting things for the cheapest possible. How do we compete with places like India or Korea when most Americans support their products over ours? I have lost a lot of Gov contracts to companies from Asia and even Europe because I cannot compete with their much lower cost of doing business. My engineers hourly bill rate is 250 while others our at 100. We really need to get a handle on this or like I have said many times, we will continue to see jobs and corps leave this country.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to know NAFTA was a bad deal for Americans. Or open borders. Or trade imbalances.

Well, I agree. The question wasn't for you. No liberal will think about it if you give them the answer they don't want to hear.

I ask the question because a profit of say $100,000 taxed at 25% is $25,000 for our beloved government. However, if that profit is used to pay 10 people $10,000 each who pay 15% tax, it only nets our beloved government $15,000. Mathematically speaking, so long as the same percentage (15% in this case) is applied, it is quite easy to see that the number of people and the amount of profit each one gets doesn't matter. It still adds up to only $15,000 for our beloved government instead of $25,000. So I ask, which one is better for society?

I think what you are saying is; Wouldn't it be better to tax corporations less, if the worker could get paid more?

On the surface, that sounds right. But it would take a top notch accountant to figure it out.

Actually it may be a great idea, now that I think more about it.

a) Corporations would compete better in world markets, with less taxes to pay

B) Workers would make more money, which stimulates the economy

Idea: Why not have corps pay NO TAX at all, if they pay their workers a livable wage, and promise not to set up plants overseas?

The problem with all this is shareholders would get less $$, and CEO's would have to be reigned in, to make less. And that's damn near impossible today, with those greedy bastids!

I think what you are saying is; Wouldn't it be better to tax corporations less, if the worker could get paid more?

On the surface, that sounds right. But it would take a top notch accountant to figure it out.

Idea: Why not have corps pay NO TAX at all, if they pay their workers a livable wage, and promise not to set up plants overseas?

The problem with all this is shareholders would get less $$, and CEO's would have to be reigned in, to make less. And that's damn near impossible today, with those greedy bastids!

I don't think tax rates should have anything to do with what a corp pays it's employees. It comes down to taking more and more from those that contribute the most. A 20% corp tax rate with zero tax breaks would work well. I mean come on, making a corp pay 35% of it's profits in taxes!!!! 35 fucking % of the profit. Kinda sound like theft 2 me.

Better than what? Taxing the corporations more and seeing the worker get paid less, or the equivalent of getting paid less through a decrease in purchasing power due to higher costs of products?

Maybe some of those global warming scientists could help you out. What is it that you think needs consensus, I mean figuring?

Alright. Now we're talking.

They "could". That doesn't mean they "would". They will probably just pass that subsidization from the taxpayers unto their shareholders and CEO's and the price of the product wouldn't change for anyone.

Well, they would have to "spend" the money to do that. He, he, he, stimulate.

After reading some of jayjay's link on tax incidence, corporations never pay taxes. The tax burden inevitabally falls on workers, shareholders, or customers. However, without customers there is no payroll and therefore no business, so I would be inclined to drop the workers and shareholders from the discussion.

Could you be a shareholder who would take less $$? Could you be a CEO who would work for less $$? If liberals would stop using government as if it was their competing business and go start their own legitimate business, I don't understand how you could fail with such altruistic motives. Perhaps you do these things now, kudos.

I botched the title of the other thread, perhaps it could be deleted.

Is it better for society if a corporation has its profit taxed at 25% or to take that same amount of profit and use it for wages for employees that will net say 15% tax for our beloved government?

Society is best served when companies produce the best possible goods at the lowest possible price.

This will occur when there is competation.

The government and taxes are always a drain on companies that drives the cost of goods up such that foreign competation is able to sell at a lower price.

Forcing companies to hire or keep inferior workers drives the quality of goods produced down such that foreign companies become the companies that produce the best possible goods at the lowest possible price.