Build the Darn Fence Already!!

I don't get it. In the name of national security, the government will collect the info on a billion phone calls a day but build a fence on the border? These so called security advisors can't quite seem to make the connection.

Goshamighty.

Looking at it that way, you would almost wonder if the word "security" has the same meaning to me and you as it does to those who run the police state.

I think this is an idea that we could all get behind. It would not only make us safer, but bring us together as a people. We leftists will work on the northern side of the wall, and our conservative friends can build the other side.

Goshamighty.

Looking at it that way, you would almost wonder if the word "security" has the same meaning to me and you as it does to those who run the police state.

The point being made is that while we fight a War on Terror, and a War on Drugs, we have no control over our borders.

Naturally, people we are fighting against can simply walk across our borders at will, so the government "has" to implement security measures including spying on American citizens to look for the bad guys who they allowed free entry into our country.

Simply put, the unconstitutional measures being employed against American Citizens, is seen as necessary by the state because they failed to do their jobs and secure the borders.