Symbol of What? Your idea may last for 100 years

NHB UNITY PROJECT

I had a Rough Bark Hickory tree in my yard. It was about 85 feet tall. I cut it down over 5 years ago. Maybe 6. I did a stump grinder job on it immediately after and planted grass.

About 3 years ago it started multiple small trees and I just mowed them with the grass. Last year I decided for the hell of it to leave the patch of tiny trees alone for until mid summer so I could pick out the best one. The patch was getting smaller each year so I figured it would be dead in a few more seasons anyway. One good one, left alone may make it, I thought.

So here it is one year later and it's almost 3 feet tall and lots of leaves. It must still be a hell of a root system down there.

YOUR IDEA TIME

I thought it would be weird to put something over this small tree that is apparently determined to become a giant again. What would be the thing to put over it while small that would just be freaky in 10 years or even 50? It was near 24" in dia. when I cut it down. There are some even bigger ones still standing nearby.

Stupid ideas popped in like toilet seat, tractor tire (not a bad one actually), some sort of big casting, etc. Something that couldn't be built around a existing big tree. Like a concrete ring or even that stupid toilet seat.

A monument to Procrastination or Ingenuity or Who Knows What. Your sick minds might inspire greatness or just plain come up with a perfect and wonderful idea.

If and when this stupid project gets there, I'll post a picture and in Phase II we can come up with a Name for Eternity. I could weld a sign together (I need the welding practice anyway).

It's actual and meant in good fun. Backyard. Surrounded by trees. No idea is in bad taste. Of course that remains to be seen : )

You mean like this ...

ht_bike_tree_tk_130102_wblog.jpg

sign-inside-tree.jpg

These two are my favorites, Christmas light and a Buddha statue.

christmas-lights-growing.jpg1401709607_0b53257d0b.jpg

That's some cool stuff. Actually I have a Buddha statue. It's small but mighty.

Thanks for the ideas.

The "No trespassing" gives me some thoughts too.

I can really fuck the tree up Buddha with a double barrel 12 gauge. ; )

I have nominated you for the NHB Sole Result prize for 2013!

You're welcome.

cc

Thank you! I do appreciate the reply. An idea relative to the OP would have shown any sort of cognitive response regarding the subject matter.

Nomination heartily accepted. Could be way worse. Sole says some funny shit sometimes. Over your giant head I'm sure . . .

I anticipate your next Christian diatribe with great blase'.

Thank you! I do appreciate the reply. An idea relative to the OP would have shown any sort of cognitive response regarding the subject matter.

Nomination heartily accepted. Could be way worse. Sole says some funny shit sometimes. Over your giant head I'm sure . . .

I anticipate your next Christian diatribe with great blase'.

Oh. You're a "Christian". I had no idea.

cc

Oh. You're a "Christian". I had no idea.

cc

I'm not, but that would appear to be your issue.

My bringing it up is merely follow up to your inane display(s).

How about something clever for the tree idea? People complain about the threads here sometimes looking for something different (like right now, panty waist). I agree.

I started this one just to mix it up and you instantly start sniping at it. (Didn't pick on the guy posting his 'dippy eggs' as dumb or gay.)

You pout and hold grudges like a fat slob guarding his fudgecycle. Leave it and be the adult you pretend to be.

So let's have an idea instead of sabotaging a thread. Topiary and steel. C'mon with the wit.

A chance to act a bit out of character with the board. Forget me. Think tree. Sabotage it instead ;)