Teacher Meltdown

This self-proclaimed teacher of the Constitution verbally accosts a street ministry who was legally set up outside a 7-11 in Florida.

After patronizingly saying she teaches the Constitution, she shows her actual ignorance by wrongly stating the "separation of church and state" is in the Constitution, and when asked to show them where, she is (of course) unable to do so and becomes belligerent and assaults the person filming. Then she calls the police to claim they assaulted her by taking "her picture" (aka the video that she approved in the beginning - see video).

When a member of the street ministry gets her license plate number as they will have to talk to the police (that she called), she blows top, screaming at them to get away from her car and assaults him again.

The reasonable LEO who responds asks the street ministry members if they want to press charges. The article I read said it was still under consideration whether they will do so.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this particular person is a bit on the whacko side,

You don't say. But then again, it was Florida :lol:

What's really scary is that she is allowed to teach kids.

the separation clause is found in the 1st amendment.

Quote? Because my copy has an Establishment Clause and a Free Exercise Clause, but not a Separation [of Church and State] Clause.

Quote? Because my copy has an Establishment Clause and a Free Exercise Clause, but not a Separation [of Church and State] Clause.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Our elected representatives are constitutionally bound to ensure that all legislation remain completely secular in nature and void of any religious influence be it christian or otherwise, while allowing for the right of individuals to worship as they choose. The First Amendment is designed to ensure that government and religion remain two separate and unassociated entities. Perhaps the catholic-dominated monarchy they broke away from had something to do with their intentions.

Rebel58, on 19 Jun 2013 - 15:07, said:

the separation clause is found in the 1st amendment.

Quote? Because my copy has an Establishment Clause and a Free Exercise Clause, but not a Separation (of Church and State) Clause.

So what do you think those clauses mean?

I interpret them to mean that if Congress is not allowed to make any laws respecting either an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise of a religion, that church and state are to be kept separate from each other.

Amendment I - Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This does not say by law that the two must be separate but rather that the government shall not have the power to create laws either establishing a state religion or preventing the citizenry from practicing their chosen religion. In other words, if a child wants to pray in school the government should have no say in it whatsoever.

I interpret them to mean that if Congress is not allowed to make any laws respecting either an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise of a religion, that church and state are to be kept separate from each other.

It says make no law establishing or prohibiting the free excersise thereof....

So when the government says you can't have a bible or a nativity scene or pray at school.....they would be PROHIBITING THE FREE EXCERSISE ......

Doesn't say separate.....sas NO LAW either way. If Obama wants to pray to Mecca from the oval office and televise it....that is OK

so true...to deny people their religious ceremonies in public places...is denying the free practice of someones religion...period. jefferson was the one that came up with the seperation of church and state b.s. he did it in some fu cked up letter to some one...but since libs wont accept jeffersons extra constitutional writings about the second amendment..you can shove his extra constitutional writings about seperation of church and state up your lilly white and tar black asses

Amendment I - Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This does not say by law that the two must be separate but rather that the government shall not have the power to create laws either establishing a state religion or preventing the citizenry from practicing their chosen religion. In other words, if a child wants to pray in school the government should have no say in it whatsoever.

A child is free to pray in school as long as that prayer is not led by a state employee (a teacher).

It says make no law establishing or prohibiting the free excersise thereof....

So when the government says you can't have a bible or a nativity scene or pray at school.....they would be PROHIBITING THE FREE EXCERSISE ......

Doesn't say separate.....sas NO LAW either way. If Obama wants to pray to Mecca from the oval office and televise it....that is OK

The thing of it is school is government property no? Then it must reason if allowed on school property they are violating that clause. Yet we have in God We Trust on Government buildings and money. Congress is open with prayer. The President is sworn in hand on Bible. Do as i say, not as i do i guess.

jefferson was the one that came up with the seperation of church and state b.s. he did it in some fu cked up letter to some one...

That separation of church and state 'b.s.' from Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists was first cited by SCOTUS in Reynolds v. U.S. in 1878.

And the separation concept has been cited in other SCOTUS decisions.

They don't think it's 'b.s.'

so true...to deny people their religious ceremonies in public places...is denying the free practice of someones religion...period. jefferson was the one that came up with the seperation of church and state b.s. he did it in some fu cked up letter to some one...but since libs wont accept jeffersons extra constitutional writings about the second amendment..you can shove his extra constitutional writings about seperation of church and state up your lilly white and tar black asses

lol.... how ignorant.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Nope. No Separation Clause there. Want to try again?

The First Amendment is designed to ensure that government

...shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, full stop. There is no separation of church and state in the Constitution.

Just what they actually say, without 'interpretation'.

I interpret them

Your first mistake.

to mean that if Congress is not allowed to make any laws respecting either an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise of a religion, that church and state are to be kept separate from each other.

False. The prohibition is against Congress establishing or prohibiting. There is no "church and state are to be kept separate from each other" there.

This does not say by law that the two must be separate but rather that the government shall not have the power to create laws either establishing a state religion or preventing the citizenry from practicing their chosen religion.

Exactly.

That separation of church and state 'b.s.' from Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists was first cited by SCOTUS in Reynolds v. U.S. in 1878.

Right. A letter, not the Constitution.

And slavery was once legal, and women could not vote or own property.

That still doesn't put 'separation of church and state' into the Constitution.

Nope. No Separation Clause there. Want to try again?

Despite your denial of the obvious, it is there. Church and state are to remain separate and unassociated. Leave theocracy in the dark ages where it belongs.

Misty, on 19 Jun 2013 - 16:02, said:

Those 'exact' words may not be in the Constitution, but SCOTUS gets to interpret the Constitution, not you.

While this particular person is a bit on the whacko side, the separation clause is found in the 1st amendment.

Yep sure is

Right beside the wall of separation between free speech and the state and the wall of separation between peaceful assembly and the state,,,,,

Yep sure is

Right beside the wall of separation between free speech and the state and the wall of separation between peaceful assembly and the state,,,,,

Actually, the semicolon between the phrase that contains the separation clause and what you're blabbering about invalidates your post.

Despite your denial of the obvious, it is there.

Then you should have no problem quoting it from the Constitution, should you?

Those 'exact' words may not be in the Constitution,

Thank you for admitting that.

but SCOTUS gets to interpret the Constitution, not you.

I'm not interpreting it; I'm reading it. You are the one who said "I interpret them". Shouldn't you heed your advice?

Actually, the semicolon between the phrase that contains the separation clause and what you're blabbering about invalidates your post.

There is no separation clause.

Right, and "shall not be infringed" means heavily regulated too,,,,

Let America be ruled be religionistas packing guns. What a wonderful idea!

But yet you are still unable to quote it?

I already did. That you choose to remain willfully ignorant doesn't change that.