Who would Jesus spank? (Christian Domestic Discipline)

Just when I thought the fundies were pegging the crazy meter, along comes

‘Christian Domestic Discipline’.

It basically codifies and endorses domestic abuse because, as we all know, Jesus is all about corporal punishment.

I suppose some guys need a little help before they can really feel like men.

...First, he uses his hands for “warm-up” slaps. Then comes a combination of tools based on the specific infraction. The wooden spoon is the least severe; for the worst rule-breaking—like texting while driving (“It could kill me,” Chelsea admits) or moving money between accounts without his permission—she’ll be hit with something else: a hairbrush, a paddle, or a leather strap.

But this isn’t domestic abuse, Chelsea says. This is for Jesus.

Chelsea and her husband Clint, who asked that I use only their first names, belong to a small subculture of religious couples who practice “Christian Domestic Discipline,” a lifestyle that calls for a wife to be completely submissive to her husband. Referred to as CDD by its followers, the practice often includes spanking and other types corporal punishments administered by husbands—and ostensibly ordained by God. While the private nature of the discipline makes it difficult to estimate the number of adherents, activity in several online forums suggests a figure in the low thousands. Devotees call CDD an alternative lifestyle and enthusiastically sing its praises; for critics, it’s nothing but domestic abuse by another name.

Clint was in the room while I talked to Chelsea. They do everything together, including running their blog, Learning DD, which chronicles their exploration of domestic discipline. When Chelsea gets flummoxed by a question, she asks Clint for guidance in a voice so high-pitched that it belies her 28 years: “Honey, how long does the spanking usually last?” (About 5 minutes, Clint says.)

He has left bruises, Chelsea says, but it’s rare, and she attributes them to anemia.

You don’t have to be a Christian to practice domestic discipline, although many of its practitioners say they believe that domestic discipline goes hand in hand with their faith. Specifics of the practice vary by couple, though CDDers all seem to follow a few basic principles. Foremost, that the Bible commands a husband to be the head of the household, and the wife must submit to him, in every way, or face painful chastisement.

When a wife breaks her husband’s rules—rolling her eyes, maybe, or just feeling “meh,” as one blogger put it—that can equal punishments which are often corporal but can also be “corner time”; writing lines (think “I will not disobey my master” 1,000 times); losing a privilege like internet access; or being “humbled” by some sort of nude humiliation. Some practice “maintenance spanking,” wherein good girls are slapped on a schedule to remind them who’s boss; some don’t. Some couples keep the lifestyle from their children; others, like CDD blogger Stormy, don’t. “Not only does he spank me with no questions asked for disrespect or attitude in front of them, but I am also required to make an apology to each of them,” she writes...

From http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html

cc

Jesus turned over those tables and grabbed a whip and beat those money changers and ran them out of the temple. Read it for yourself. John 2:15. That's who Jesus would "spank". Dumb asses.

Thanks for the insight.

cc

It basically codifies and endorses domestic abuse because, as we all know, Jesus is all about corporal punishment.

...First, he uses his hands for “warm-up” slaps. Then comes a combination of tools based on the specific infraction. The wooden spoon is the least severe; for the worst rule-breaking—like texting while driving (“It could kill me,” Chelsea admits) or moving money between accounts without his permission—she’ll be hit with something else: a hairbrush, a paddle, or a leather strap.

Chelsea and her husband Clint, who asked that I use only their first names, belong to a small subculture of religious couples who practice “Christian Domestic Discipline,” a lifestyle that calls for a wife to be completely submissive to her husband. Referred to as CDD by its followers, the practice often includes spanking and other types corporal punishments administered by husbands—and ostensibly ordained by God. While the private nature of the discipline makes it difficult to estimate the number of adherents, activity in several online forums suggests a figure in the low thousands. Devotees call CDD an alternative lifestyle and enthusiastically sing its praises; for critics, it’s nothing but domestic abuse by another name.

Clint was in the room while I talked to Chelsea. They do everything together, including running their blog, Learning DD, which chronicles their exploration of domestic discipline. When Chelsea gets flummoxed by a question, she asks Clint for guidance in a voice so high-pitched that it belies her 28 years: “Honey, how long does the spanking usually last?” (About 5 minutes, Clint says.)

He has left bruises, Chelsea says, but it’s rare, and she attributes them to anemia.

You don’t have to be a Christian to practice domestic discipline, although many of its practitioners say they believe that domestic discipline goes hand in hand with their faith. Specifics of the practice vary by couple, though CDDers all seem to follow a few basic principles. Foremost, that the Bible commands a husband to be the head of the household, and the wife must submit to him, in every way, or face painful chastisement.

When a wife breaks her husband’s rules—rolling her eyes, maybe, or just feeling “meh,” as one blogger put it—that can equal punishments which are often corporal but can also be “corner time”; writing lines (think “I will not disobey my master” 1,000 times); losing a privilege like internet access; or being “humbled” by some sort of nude humiliation. Some practice “maintenance spanking,” wherein good girls are slapped on a schedule to remind them who’s boss; some don’t. Some couples keep the lifestyle from their children; others, like CDD blogger Stormy, don’t. “Not only does he spank me with no questions asked for disrespect or attitude in front of them, but I am also required to make an apology to each of them,” she writes...

From http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html

cc

"I will not disobey my master"

Kinky sex play. Nothing more.

lol. do you like anne rice? or whatever the hell the name she used on those were. i never read them. i liked the witching hour, though.

A. N. Roquelare

I love the Beauty trilogy and the Mayfair Witches series too. I also loved Cry to Heaven and a few others. Never got into her Vampire books. I have pictures of myself outside her house in NOLA.

Read an exerpt and tell me this isn't hot

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beauty-Trilogy-Box-Set/dp/0452294754/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371660964&sr=1-2&keywords=anne+rice+beauty+trilogy#reader_B008HYPEYS

Jesus turned over those tables and grabbed a whip and beat those money changers and ran them out of the temple. Read it for yourself. John 2:15. That's who Jesus would "spank". Dumb asses.

MIldred needs some discipline.

You go on with your bad self, girl!

The question was rhetorical, wasn't it? :huh:

Does Jesus spank you when you're bad, Mildred?

cc

The interesting thing is that no one seems to know the Bible, even checks the Bible for accuracy.

And certainly not Atheists.

The Bible is available to everyone so it is easy to check.

There is no perscribed punishment for wives that I have ever seen in the Bible.

Atheists really do hate God and Christians.

1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Ephesians 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Thessalonians 4:4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,

1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Ephesians 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Thessalonians 4:4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,

Thank you, you just proved the Progressives, Atheists, Liberals and Democrats are wrong..

cc

you sh it for brains coward, you got your dip sh it liberal raised fu ck ups marching into schools and slaughtering children....and you want to bi tch about parents that provide structure and discipline? you are a bat sh it crazy sucker of the co ck...

and you want to bi tch about parents that provide structure and discipline?

Did you actually read the OP? It wasn't about 'parents', it was about a husband administering 'punishment' to his wife, and it's not something I'd defend as a Christian.

I'm all for an equal opportunity love pat on the bum exchange with the Hubs, and some sex play might be up for discussion, but the OP is talking about abuse, plain and simple.

And the verses I posted show it is not Biblical, and therefore not "for Jesus".