In a religious marriage does the man own the woman?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does she have to be allowed to go shopping etc/

Christian marriage etc?

In a Muslim marriage the wife is most definitely owned by the husband. Much of the time the bride is a mere child and hasn't even hit puberty yet. Does the Muslim way of treating their wives as property bother you?

There are many gay couples who are catholic, etc and are extremely devoted to the exact same religious tenents as hetero maried couples.

Minus that little 'living in mortal sin' part.

I'm not Catholic, but I really think it's stupid for a gay or a liberal to identify as a Christian, Catholic, Muslim, etc. Why identify with a religion that condemns you as living in sin?

Christian marriage etc?

It does say in Timothy a man should lead his house hold. Over see all financial doings...

Its more of a guideline to have a leadership role in the church.

I can't quote the bible for shìt but I have read through it. If I thought you actually cared I would Google the verse. But you don't so I'm not wasting my time.

Now think about marriage ...

Does it mention something about for better or worse till death do you part.....??

Now making that pledge is a serious commitment ...

$o The way I see it .. its a mutual ownership of two beings between two beings.

That what kills me about marriage and equal rights for gay marriage. Being married is supposed to be a commitment for life.. (You know a one time only deal) But if you make that commitment and pledge yourself to one person until one of you dies, why does it matter if the state recognizes it or not.

unless its for financial purposes..

Christian marriage etc?

Atheists seem to delight in trying to make God and Christians look bad.

A Christian marriage is a lot like a well run business.

The husband is the president, the wife is the vice president and they both report to the board of directiors (God).

The dicisions of the husband and wife together are better than a decision by either one.

I Corinthians 11:3 states, "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

Interestin to note that the head of Christ is God. That sort of indicates the Jesus Freaks are wrong.

No, unless you are Muslim.

Well, way back, there were a lot of screwball traditions; but today, only Islam considers women as property - things - something that can just be discarded. It's the Islamic doctrine of clinging to the 7th century mind set Islam was founded on. All in stone documented 21st century Islamic behavior. Very primitive - depraved - just sick & perverted. Muslim men have ( historically ) an ingrained fear of women & find it necessary to degrade & condition women to be subservient, in order to feel superior. Religion of Peace you know.

Christian marriage etc?

Not any more. Religion is good at adjusting to the zeitgeist in service of expanding its member-base. No worries then that women are the chattel that the outdated text (Bible) suggests.