ACLU sues to Protect the Right to Protest the ACLU.

http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/aclu-tells-high-school-allow-students-protest-aclu-football-game

ACLU Tells High School to Allow Students to Protest ACLU at Football Game
October 1, 2009

Gate City High School students organized the protest after the ACLU warned school against sectarian prayers being delivered over the public address system

Gate City, VA – The ACLU of Virginia today asked the principal at Gate City High School to honor the free speech rights of students who plan to protest the ACLU at the school's football game tomorrow night.

The students are reacting to a September 15 letter from the ACLU of Virginia telling school officials that a sectarian prayer delivered over the public address system at a football game was unconstitutional. According to news reports, the students have now produced more than 1,000 t-shirts, which they plan to wear to this Friday's game. The front of the t-shirts shows the school's initials, a cross, and the words, "I still pray…" On the back is, "In Jesus' name."

When was the last time you saw a conservative group protect others rights to complain about itself?

I can't think of a Right Wing group that would do this.

So the ACLU is a leftwing organization? Finally a prog admits it.

No one from the actual ACLU will, but it's a step forward.

I started calling them American Certain Liberties Union. When was the last time they protected all Americans' rights? Have they ever?

Of course not.

btw This is a harmless and meaningless publicity stunt to stroke people like you. It's working nicely by the looks of it.

So the ACLU is a leftwing organization? Finally a prog admits it.

No one from the actual ACLU will, but it's a step forward.

I started calling them American Certain Liberties Union. When was the last time they protected all Americans' rights? Have they ever?

Of course not.

btw This is a harmless and meaningless publicity stunt to stroke people like you. It's working nicely by the looks of it.

The ACLU does do a lot of good. One of my few bones to pick with them is their broad, expansive interpretation as it pertains to the Bill of Rights, except for one. That Right being the 2nd Amendment, then they narrowly interpret that Right.

I can't think of a Right Wing group that would do this.

A "Right Wing Group" wouldn't have infringed on the rights of these kids in the first place.

Given the ACLU action quoted in the OP, that is an obvious lie - and fantastically obtuse into the bargain.

An admission that leftwing politics is unconstitutional?

The ACLU does do a lot of good. One of my few bones to pick with them is their broad, expansive interpretation as it pertains to the Bill of Rights, except for one. That Right being the 2nd Amendment, then they narrowly interpret that Right.

The 2nd Amendment is pretty well represented by the NRA which has 10 times the membership of the ACLU.

A "Right Wing Group" wouldn't have infringed on the rights of these kids in the first place.

If that were true, There'd be less work for the ACLU.

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

They get squishy on all sorts of things. It depends on who's in trouble. That's why I think they are awash in leftist hypocrisy.

I do agree with your statement. They have a particularly nasty bug up their collective asses for the 2nd amendment.