That's the ultraliberal narrative...how do you know Trayvon wasn't out busting a weed or case'n houses ?

I'm not saying he was...all I'm saying is it might be a possibility and you can't count on hearing that from the ultraliberal agenda driven media.

That's the dumbass misinformed narrative...It has already been established that Martin was with his father visiting a friend who lived in the neighborhood and were invited guests. Zimmerman on the otherhand wasn't. Since the media already knows this there would be no need to speculate on such ignorance. But apparently in your case for posting such bull shit you don't no anything. It would probably be a good idea if you didn't say much at all.

You are right that Zimm didn't have to follow any requests.

Thanks, but I knew that already ;)

For that though he is a fool.

No, he wasn't. He said "ok" and "he ran", indicating he was no longer following Martin, and he continued on the 911 call for a bit longer from the spot where he stopped. In the meantime, Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend, and indicated, according to "DeeDee" that he was back home. Why was he later at the spot where he attacked Zimmerman? Who was following whom, at that point? Who committed the criminal act in all this, the actual illegal actions?

The advice given by the police

Dispatcher. Dispatchers are not "police"; they are not sworn.

Is it you position that TM was not followed in any way and just happened to attack, for no apparent reason btw, the very person that had been watching him?

That's not what I said, but you appear to have answered your own question, that Zimmerman was watching Martin, from inside the truck, while on the 911 call, when Martin walked over to the truck, and reportedly circled the truck. Martin was not followed when he did that. Do you think circling a truck is aggressive or passive? It's not illegal though, so moving on...

Zimmerman got out of the truck when the dispatcher asked him questions related to Martin's actions, and followed Martin while answering the dispatcher. Zimmerman stopped following when the dispatcher said 'we don't need you to do that', which was, as you admit, not a legal order or a request that needed to be followed, even though Zimmerman followed it anyway. Following Martin to answer questions aggressive or passive? It's not illegal though, so moving on...

Zimmerman was walking back to the truck/mailboxes to meet police officers when he was jumped by Martin. Martin committed the criminal act of battery, and arguably attempted murder. Aggressive or passive? Illegal? Yes. This is the first and only illegal act committed that night.

It has already been established that Martin was with his father visiting a friend who lived in the neighborhood and were invited guests. Zimmerman on the otherhand wasn't.

He lived there, where there had been break-ins, and Martin, who was reportedly walking outside the common areas, reportedly looking into townhouses, was not recognized by a resident. It was appropriate to find out what the stranger-to-him person was doing there, acting suspiciously.

My position is that he gave up the right to self defense (Stand Your Ground), when he got out of the vehicle.

Zimmerman's attorney made the decision not to pursue the stand your ground defense. But you are correct when he got out of his vehicle and was in no immediate danger, and escalated the situation he gave up his right to claim self defense. Which self defense in and of itself has nothing to do with the stand your ground law.

Zimmerman's attorney made the decision not to pursue the stand your ground defense. But you are correct when he got out of his vehicle and was in no immediate danger, and escalated the situation he gave up his right to claim self defense. Which self defense in and of itself has nothing to do with the stand your ground law.

Stand-your ground was not appropriate because it was self defense.

Ah, so he was under no obligation to follow the dispatchers orders NOT TO FOLLOW Martin? Looks like you just blew this guys meme right out of the water. And thanks for giving the prosecution an excellent question to pose to Mr. Zimmerman:

Allow me:

Mr. Zimmerman, did you feel any obligation to follow the dispatchers orders not to follow Mr. Martin?

What if any explanation can you give us on why you felt the need to follow Mr. Martin?

Can you show us on the chart where you were exactly when you decided to give chase to Mr. Martin?

Zimmerman was already outta his truck when the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that", and Zimmerman replied "OK".

Maybe you should look at a transcript from the non-emergency call to the Sanford P.D. that night. :)

None of which is relevant. The question in the whole case is a simple one. Did a man armed with a weapon, follow and shoot an unarmed man with no weapon? Given the fact the defense will use the self defense argument, all they need to show now is how Zimmerman felt threatened from his position at a safe distance from an unarmed man while he himself was armed, in a vehicle easily allowing him to flee, and on the phone with the police all at the sametime. Remember now, the defense isn't using the stand your ground law as a defense, so any part of that law is not in play here. Again, take all the time you need.

The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it WAS NOT self defense.

The burden is on the prosecution, Zimmerman doesn't have to prove ANYTHING!!! :)

Goal of 40 Prospective Jurors for Full Voir Dire Achieved

Hey folks,

I just posted up the end-of-day wrap-up for day 7 of jury selection in the Zimmerman case, available at Legal Insurrection here: Zimmerman Jury Selection -- Day Seven Wrap-Up.

The biggest news of the day is that the Court's goal of selecting 40 prospective jurors to go on to the next round of full voir dire has been achieved, and Judge Nelson dismissed the jurors who did not make it through the first round of questioning. The lucky winners are:

B12, B29, B35, B37, B51, B61, B7, B72, B76, B86, E13, E22, E28, E40, E54, E6, E73, G14, G29, G47, G63, G66, G81, H18, H29, H35, H6, H69, H7, H81, H86, I19, I24, I33, I44, K80, K95, M75, P67, I5.

We’ll be posting a compilation of our notes for each of these 40 in post coming soon.

The announcement of the successful candidate jurors having been announced, we saw a relatively rare appearance by Prosecutor Angela Corey, when she stepped to the front of the court room and directed the courthouse personnel in arranging the chairs for the jurors tomorrow morning.

For all the juicy details, click here: Zimmerman Jury Selection -- Day Seven Wrap-Up.

Tomorrow we'll do another full day of live stream, all-day coverage of day eight of jury selection, the "Full Voir Dire Edition". Be sure to join us.

Best,

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Zimmerman followed...stalked Martin. Zimmerman had the GUN than killed Martin. Martin was killed...Zimmerman was not.

You need to REALLY be full tilt BIGOT to see some scenario where T Martin was the AGGRESSOR even when it's a proven fact Zimmerman was a self appointed VIGILANTE wih a gurailing...STALKING a teanager headed home after buying snacks.

Martin...had no motive...no weapon. HE was obviously unaware of Zimmerman and until he knew a nut with a gun was STALKING him... it was just an average day.

The POSTER here......obviously...has a "position"...and why is that? Self Defense? Reaklly? The STALKER was the only ARMED one in this.

Stand-your ground was not appropriate because it was self defense.

In the legal definition of self defense if you have an avenue of escape and are not in your home, car, or place of business then you have an obligation to do so. It also states that you can use non deadly means against non deadly means. In Zimmermans case neither of those definitions apply to his actions. He escalated a situation he didn't have to be involved in when he had every opportunity to use an avenue of escape, and on top of that used deadly force. By using your definition of self defense, I can take a firearm out of the house, go walking down the street, confront the first person I see, and if they take action to defend themselve's, shoot them and then claim I was defending myself. If you open that can of worms it's going to come back around and bite you in the ass sooner or later.

Oh it's detrimental alright and will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman followed Martin. Which blows a self defense case right out of the water. Just hope that in your lifetime some wannaabe hero doesn't follow somebody close to you and murders them with a gun and then claim it was self defense like a coward. And have no illusions in your mind, Zimmerman is a murderer and a coward. He's lucky this isn't the 1800's. In those days the only fact that would be relevant is a man with a gun shot another man without gun. Case closed get the rope. But in the world of cowardice in which we live today, people like you exist.

There were no crimes committed that night ................ UNTIL Martin attacked Zimmerman.

IF Zimmerman feared a severe beating (NOT "suffered a severe beating"), he had a right to defend himseld against the attack.

Lesson learned ........... "Don't commit a battery on a person that has a CCW and a legal 9mm to back it up, you might get killed". :)

Pretty sure it's illegal for grown armed thugs to follow and kill kids drinking sodas and eating candy.

Or I think it is in most of the country, Maybe it's different in the south.

Zimmerman was already outta his truck when the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that", and Zimmerman replied "OK".

Maybe you should look at a transcript from the non-emergency call to the Sanford P.D. that night. :)

So....once out of your truck...you might as well KILL the black teen you think is walking in the WRONG part of town? Is t hat the defense?

Why not say it...it was only a black kid...he had it coming. Zimmerman's "idea" of "law and Order" was that any BLACK kid on the wrong street...was doing CRIMES. The IRONY...is Martin had a legit reason to be there and Zimmerman did not.

Pretty sure it's illegal for grown armed thugs to follow and kill kids drinking sodas and eating candy.

Or I think it is in most of the country, Maybe it's different in the south.

must be hard to find qualified jurors with morons like you running around loose

dumbazz...

All I want to know is how many times Perry Mason here is going to edit his thread title.

He couldn't find his thread, so he made another one, and another one, and another one.

So I merged them, and tried to explain how to post links.

His posts on other forums have links all through them to good factual information, nothing you'd be interested in, but the rest of us will.

I warned him about people like you, but you weren't on the list I had of who would be the first troll, so no odds were placed

He's there, at the trial every day, and is a lawyer

He knows what he's writing about

His site even live streams the action, or links to it, I forget

Jury selection is boring, but the good stuff is coming.

Keep showing your ass,,,,

Wonder why a guy with a weapon would be screaming?

Wonder why the screaming stopped right after the gun shot?

Zimmerman was yelling "HELP, HELP" because Martin was sitting on Zimmerman chest, punching Zimmerman in the face.

AFTER Zimmerman shot Martin, there would be no need to yell "HELP, HELP" any more.

IF someone was pointing a gun at you, you would yell "DON'T SHOOT, DON'T SHOOT", not yell "HELP, HELP".

"When oh when are liberals gonna learn some common sense" (shaking my head in disbelief)!!!! :)

lmao!!

It is what it is.

Apparently, an unarmed black teenager went to a store, and while on the way home minding his own business, he discovered somebody was stalking after him. He being 17 alone at nigt in a strange town at night likely freaked the fuhk out and tried to run he tried to hide and in his flight or fight response he found he had no other option but to fight for his life and was shot and killed by the guy who went out on patrol that night armed looking for (and finding) a suspect breaking no laws.

LMFAO

".................... And THEN you woke up"!!!!! :)

dumbazz...

Sounds like youz from Bigotville, nothing of substance to say, eh?

In the legal definition of self defense if you have an avenue of escape and are not in your home, car, or place of business then you have an obligation to do so. It also states that you can use non deadly means against non deadly means. In Zimmermans case neither of those definitions apply to his actions. He escalated a situation he didn't have to be involved in when he had every opportunity to use an avenue of escape, and on top of that used deadly force. By using your definition of self defense, I can take a firearm out of the house, go walking down the street, confront the first person I see, and if they take action to defend themselve's, shoot them and then claim I was defending myself. If you open that can of worms it's going to come back around and bite you in the ass sooner or later.

Well put...this sums up the CORE of this and shows why this...out of thousands of shootings...is news. It's hard to even see WHY Zim thought it okay to STALK and CONFRONT a stranger who had done NO unlawful act. Had in no way done anything wrong....unless being a young Negro who just bought junk food...is so wrong.

Not so fast counselor. You have only analyzed this evidence from Zimm's perspective and not from that of the victim. That would be disingenuous if done deliberately. You have left out the other important facts. What motivated TM to circle Zimm's vehicle? What motivated TM to assault Zimm? If Zimm was not following TM then TM could not have seen Zimm as threatening enough to circle his vehicle. Why would TM have chosen to do that to Zimm without cause? What was his motivation if not done out of fear and self preservation then what? How would TM have known Zimm had any interest in him if he was not followed?

"QUESTIONS" are NOT evidence, only the answers are relevent. :)

zimmerman was a self appointed viliglante armed to kill quickly,

zimm profiled a black kid who had his hood up on a rainy day.

zimm called the police and was told he did not need to follow the kid and

police were on the way.

zimm kept up his stalking,

zimm told police they (black suspects) always get away.

zimm was NOT going to let this one get away.

zimm had a history of interference in police business, this makes his

act of killing the kid a RICO act as well as a hate crime as well as a stalking crime,

as well as a assault crime as well as premeditated murder as well as felony murder

combining the felonies of stalking, rico, hate crime with homicide.

OJ got off because of moon rock racists in CA,

casey anthony got off because of moron white trash women in FL

So, zimmerman will probably get off because of father was a judge and mother is clerk of the court

as well as because of the composition of the jury venire of white racist moonrocks in central FL.

LMFAO

....... And WHAT does your rambling B.S. fantasy have to do with the Zimmerman-Martin case????

Answer: NOTHING!! :)

I never question the legality of Zimm's actions to follow TM. Only his defense for killing him. You are right that Zimm didn't have to follow any requests. For that though he is a fool. The advice given by the police may have just been good advice and ultimately would have helped him avoid a murder charge had he had any sense.

My question was how did TM know to attack Zimm if he was not followed and threatened by him? Is it you position that TM was not followed in any way and just happened to attack, for no apparent reason btw, the very person that had been watching him? You don't see that as a strange coincidence?

My position is that Trayvon either ran all the way home and walked back to kick Zimmerman's ass, (his girlfriend said he only stopped running when he was home) and else he hid in the bushes while Zimmerman walked by while on the phone with the dispatcher and confronted Zimmerman some three or four minutes later while he was retracing his steps back to his truck.

I support this by his girlfriend's statement that he stopped running when he was at his father's home, the fact that his father's home was only 75 yards from the shooting, the fact that Zimmerman stopped following when advised to, was calm and collected at the end of his call with dispatch, and the shooting didn't occur until some four minutes after the kid disappeared.

Have some evidence,,,,

Click to make bigger

trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-map-reen

Trayvon's dad was staying in the end building on the liberal side as he should have been coming down the sidewalk.

The distance was about 75 yards from where he was shot, reports say.

Call

Transcript

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/creatingpolicies/a/A-Transcript-Of-The-George-Zimmerman-Police-Call.htm

And just so you can compare voices, listen to Zimmerman's voice on the call and then listen to these screams

And Trayvon's voice can be heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x8WFRJW3KLg

He's the one filming and therefore the loudest voice on it

Important facts I expect to see brought up:

Trayvon did NOT "live there",

Trayvon entered the gated community by going around the fence, not via the gate.

Shortly after this is when Zimmerman spotted him and called the police

When Zimmerman made the call, he didn't know what race Trayvon was.

Zimmerman only exited his vehicle after the dispatcher said to keep an eye on the kid

Only after Zimmerman was out of his truck and following the kid did the dispatcher tell him "we don't need you to do that" to which Zimmerman immediately complied.

From this point in time, it is nearly four minutes until Trayvon and Zimmerman meet up, depending on whose clock you go by, the police's, or the phone company's.

Zimmerman has no history of racism, in fact, he has a history of helping the downtrodden

These are all facts, details if you like to call them that.

But they are not disputed,,,,

Zimmerman first laid eyes on the kid just after he came around the corner from between two buildings where he bypassed the gate into the community.

That alone is suspicious enough to warrant a call to the police.

Zimmerman only got out of his truck after the dispatcher said all of the following

"Just let me know if he does anything, ok?"

"let me know if this guy does anything else."

"He's running? Which way is he running?"

That alone gives Zimmerman reason to get out of his truck and follow the kid.

Zimmerman followed the kid because the dispatcher was asking questions about him, like "which way is he running?"

When the dispatcher tells Zimmerman to not follow, he immediate complies, takes a different path then the kid did, and finishes his call nearly two minutes later

That alone gives the kid plenty of time to leave the area

After all that, (and DeeDee saying that he was back at his father's place) Trayvon and Zimmerman meet near where he disappeared, while Zimmerman was retracing his steps back to his truck

The confrontation doesn't come until one to two minutes after that, according to the times logged on his call with DeeDee, who says he was "right by" his father's home

The possibility that Trayvon went all the way to his father's home and went back the 75 yards or so to confront Zimmerman must be considered. It fits with Trayvon disappearing and then reappearing in the same place three to four minutes later.

I'm here by invitation.

:-)

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

Facebook: Law of Self Defense

It is nice to see someone here that appears to know laws concerning "self defnse", "stand your ground" and "gun laws".

These fools here only know what is spoon-fed to them .................... liberal-parrots is what they are. :)

dumbazz...

You should NEVER call anyone Dumb unless you mean it as praise. I will take back that statement the day I believe you have an IQ above room temperature.

Actually...in a "big trial" the system lets lawyers weed out the smart and aware ..so the oblivious...apathetic....MORON residue often ends up as the jury.

Do you pay any attention to "news" or the "real world" ? Not really.

Have you ever heard of this case? Uh...what?

Do you have a problem with senseless murder? Eh...not MY problem.

Perfect Juror.

Don't expect them to actually think this through logically.

"Common sense" is not part the liberal thinking process. :)

He couldn't find his thread, so he made another one, and another one, and another one.

So I merged them, and tried to explain how to post links.

His posts on other forums have links all through them to good factual information, nothing you'd be interested in, but the rest of us will.

I warned him about people like you, but you weren't on the list I had of who would be the first troll, so no odds were placed

He's there, at the trial every day, and is a lawyer

He knows what he's writing about

His site even live streams the action, or links to it, I forget

Jury selection is boring, but the good stuff is coming.

Keep showing your ass,,,,

Outstanding. So he's judge and jury, the case has been settled, there's nothing left to discuss right? And because I called Perry Mason out on his premise i'm the troll showing my ass? Better go look in the mirror chuck.