Supreme Court Voids Republican Voter Suppression Laws

Voter Proof-of-Citizenship Law Voided by Supreme Court

The Supreme Court voted 7-2 to vote down Arizona's blatantly un-Constitutional voter suppression law.

Alabama, Kansas and Georgia to follow.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-17/voter-proof-of-citizenship-law-voided-by-u-s-supreme-court.html

Gradually, America sweeps this dirt into the gutter.

:)

The Supreme Court voted 7-2 to vote down Arizona's blatantly un-Constitutional voter suppression law.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-17/voter-proof-of-citizenship-law-voided-by-u-s-supreme-court.html

Eat a dick you sok.

Writing for the court, Justice Antonin Scalia said the federal government has broad authority to displace state election rules. He pointed to the U.S. Constitution’s elections clause, which says Congress may override states in establishing the “times, places and manner of holding elections.”

http://liberalforum.org/liberalforum/index.php?/topic/150321-supreme-court-voids-republican-voter-suppression-laws/

Teaparty says to hell with the stupid Constitution!

But only on this one ......

What is so hard about having fellow citizens vote a single time?

Any mechanism that promotes this can't be instant evil; unless there is a spin because a special interest group has your ear.

What a sheep. At least I hope that's all you are because a liar has an agenda (that's not good).

Republicans need to learn to "reach out" to minorities, and clearly explain to them why they should all be in prison

Only the Lawn Jockey and the young eyetalian guy voted for voter suppression.

Even the old eyetalian voted for the Constitution

:(

Republicans need to learn to "reach out" to minorities, and clearly explain to them why they should all be in prison

Only the Lawn Jockey and the young eyetalian guy voted for voter suppression.

Even to old eyetalian voted for the Constitution

:(

Your cleverness escapes me during my 0.3 seconds I devote to skimming over crap. Please make it funny, obvious or better still, both.

The good news is the latino voters are going to turn against the communist democrats in the very near future.........Bank on it

Naw....even if immigration passes all we have to do is explain them how the baggers put restrictions on their pathway to citizenship.

Congrats for preventing common sense measures.

I'm pleased to hear that but I'll never forgive them for Citizen's United.

Just the way it is.

Sorry to cut and paste but I got no response from a similar thread.

Why should I even have to give my name or number when I go vote? What is it we already do now, to insure that voters are legal U.S. citizens? or to insure each is casting only 1 vote?

Perhaps you hold the belief that anyone in the U.S. of 18 years or older should be granted the right to vote regardless of their citizenship status. If so, just say it.

I am not sure how you view a voter ID law as "supressive" to the right to vote.

I don't see anything wrong if you make the law optional. If legal citizens choose to go through the hassle of getting a voter ID to make smaller the pool of potential illegal voters, what is wrong with that? It then becomes a question of how easy it would be for an illegal voter to forge a voter ID.

The trouble is in making the law mandatory. All you need is to make the law a free will choice of legal citizens to participate. No one forces anyone to do it.

OK...let's not have any requirements in order to vote.

Then we can watch liberals running from one polling place to another.

Geee...I can't see anything wrong with that. LOL

What is so hard about having fellow citizens vote a single time?

Any mechanism that promotes this can't be instant evil; unless there is a spin because a special interest group has your ear.

What a sheep. At least I hope that's all you are because a liar has an agenda (that's not good).

I've been voting for 48 years. Never heard of anyone voting twice. Ever. Can't figure out how they'd get by those battle axes manning the voter lists at the polling stations. Besides, if one measly vote doesn't count for much, what asshole is going to risk imprisonment to cast a second measly vote that doesn't count for much?

No one is voting twice

Cons are racists and bigots.

Common sense prevails

Voter suppression is a no-brainer

OK...let's not have any requirements in order to vote.

Then we can watch liberals running from one polling place to another.

Geee...I can't see anything wrong with that. LOL

No, let's honor the teaparty's beloved Constitution!

Scalia and Thomas make us proud!!

I've been voting for 48 years. Never heard of anyone voting twice. Ever. Can't figure out how they'd get by those battle axes manning the voter lists at the polling stations. Besides, if one measly vote doesn't count for much, what asshole is going to risk imprisonment to cast a second measly vote that doesn't count for much?

No one is voting twice

Cons are racists and bigots.

Common sense prevails

Voter suppression is a no-brainer

It's amazing how every thing is racism for you now. Are you losing your ability to think?

Recently we saw in the news a Democratic House member's chief of staff arrested for submitting HUNDREDS of fake absentee ballot requests.

Hundreds, not two.

Perhaps the reason you don't hear about these events occurring is because the liberal news media rarely covers them.

No, let's honor the teaparty's beloved Constitution!

This post speaks volumes about liberal idiots like you.

The sad part is that you probably don't understand why.

Editorial The Court: Congress Regulates Federal Elections

The Supreme Court, in a 7-to-2 ruling on Monday, strongly affirmed the power of Congress to regulate Congressional elections. The court held that Arizona cannot impose a requirement on voters to prove their citizenship when the federal law, the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, does not require any such thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/18/opinion/the-court-congress-regulates-federal-elections.html?hp&_r=0

-------------------------------------

The Lawn Jockey says the Constitution isn't really all it's cracked up to be!!

Editorial The Court: Congress Regulates Federal Elections

The Supreme Court, in a 7-to-2 ruling on Monday, strongly affirmed the power of Congress to regulate Congressional elections. The court held that Arizona cannot impose a requirement on voters to prove their citizenship when the federal law, the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, does not require any such thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/18/opinion/the-court-congress-regulates-federal-elections.html?hp&_r=0

-------------------------------------

The Lawn Jockey says the Constitution isn't really all it's cracked up to be!!

You're an uneducated fool drive by...this case is going to be headed right back to the supreme court in a month. You should really investigate a story before you try to comment on it. The only reason anyone would be against such a simple request is because you need fraud to win elections.

Now that Republicans can't suppress the minority vote, how do they reach out to their Hispanic and black friends and show them love?

No one is trying to supress anything.....Supress illegal voting ..I guess you can call it that. Why do we need to show ID to purchase alcohol, cigs, plane tickets, passports, yet no one should show proof through a photo ID to vote? Makes no sense at all unless you are trying to purport fraud.

Show them love? Marco Rubio is reaching out to them and showing the repression of the democrat party who only wants to enslave them for a vote. And again since you don't read well, this case will be going right back to the supreme court in a month.

Now that Republicans can't suppress the minority vote, how do they reach out to their Hispanic and black friends and show them love?

The same way, I imagine, the Hard Right is reaching out to women, to show them their love and support.