Conservative Losers,.......Losers Again in Ariz.

Seems cons can't win these days of Constitutional rights. LMAO!!! Watch the dumb asses start with the messenger!!! LMAO!

Court: Ariz. citizenship proof law illegal

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that states cannot on their own require would-be voters to prove they are U.S. citizens before using a federal registration system designed to make signing up easier.

The justices voted 7-2 to throw out Arizona's voter-approved requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal "Motor Voter" voter registration law.

Federal law "precludes Arizona from requiring a federal form applicant to submit information beyond that required by the form itself," Justice Antonin Scalia wrote for the court's majority.

The court was considering the legality of Arizona's requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal "motor voter" registration law. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said that the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, which doesn't require such documentation, trumps Arizona's Proposition 200 passed in 2004.

Arizona appealed that decision to the Supreme Court.

"Today's decision sends a strong message that states cannot block their citizens from registering to vote by superimposing burdensome paperwork requirements on top of federal law," said Nina Perales, vice president of litigation for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and lead counsel for the voters who challenged Proposition 200.

"The Supreme Court has affirmed that all U.S. citizens have the right to register to vote using the national postcard, regardless of the state in which they live," she said.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, called the decision a victory. "The court has reaffirmed the essential American right to register to vote for federal election without the burdens of state voter suppression measures," she said.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20130617/DA6VJQ001.html

Seems cons can't win these days of Constitutional rights. LMAO!!! Watch the dumb asses start with the messenger!!! LMAO!

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that states cannot on their own require would-be voters to prove they are U.S. citizens before using a federal registration system designed to make signing up easier.

The justices voted 7-2 to throw out Arizona's voter-approved requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal "Motor Voter" voter registration law.

Federal law "precludes Arizona from requiring a federal form applicant to submit information beyond that required by the form itself," Justice Antonin Scalia wrote for the court's majority.

The court was considering the legality of Arizona's requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal "motor voter" registration law. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said that the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, which doesn't require such documentation, trumps Arizona's Proposition 200 passed in 2004.

"Today's decision sends a strong message that states cannot block their citizens from registering to vote by superimposing burdensome paperwork requirements on top of federal law," said Nina Perales, vice president of litigation for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and lead counsel for the voters who challenged Proposition 200.

"The Supreme Court has affirmed that all U.S. citizens have the right to register to vote using the national postcard, regardless of the state in which they live," she said.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, called the decision a victory. "The court has reaffirmed the essential American right to register to vote for federal election without the burdens of state voter suppression measures," she said.

shitnao,

I don't get why you think this is a good thing. With the Laughing of the Ass Off, it must be a) funny and b) a good thing.

Please let me know why Arizona being snubbed by the S.C. is a good thing.

I truly have missed why a person such as yourself feels that way.

shitnao,

I don't get why you think this is a good thing. With the Laughing of the Ass Off, it must be a) funny and b) a good thing.

You must understand that homosexual commie sheep like Shintao would sell out his own mother to further his racist agenda let alone sellout America..................

So in other words, the process of rigging elections with illegal voters will continue.

Not Iran, the OP is about America and we don't alllow that here.

If Shintao Mushroom believes in a world without borders why does he have such a tough lock on his front door?

As predicted: From OP: Watch the dumb asses start with the messenger!!! LMAO!

Democrats don't want to lose their illegal base...

hmm, dems do not have one. TSK! :D

I am so glad that I am not Shintao. Must be horrible to live with such hate in one's heart.

You must understand that homosexual commie sheep like Shintao would sell out his own mother to further his racist agenda let alone sellout America..................

shitnao,

Because it is Constitutional.

SHINTAO THE HOMO COMMIE SHEEP ACTUALLY GETS GIDDY AND EXCITED WATCHING AMERICA GO IN THE CHITTER. ALL BECAUSE HE HATES HIMSELF. PROGRESSIVES REALLY A SAD BUNCH AREN'T THEY :(

Why do liberals want people from other countries voting in our elections? Its insanity.

Not happening dufus, only in your mind.

Meh. The SCOTUS ruling has a loophole:

While the court was clear in stating that states cannot add additional identification requirements to the federal forms on their own, it was also clear that the same actions can be taken by state governments if they get the approval of the federal government and the federal courts. Arizona can ask the federal government to include the extra documents as a state-specific requirement, Scalia said, and take any decision made by the government on that request back to court. Other states have already done so, Scalia said.

Not happening dufus, only in your mind.

So I can walk up to your mailbox. Get your name and address off your electric bill then go to your polling place and cast a vote in your name and you're fine with that right?

Once again you've proven yourself a God damn fool.

Because it is Constitutional.

-------

shitnao,

-------

Your answer is "Because it is Constitutional."?

What the fuck are you referring to? Laughing stupidly with text? Being snubbed? How you feel? That I missed something? That you think you know law so well that the SC wasn't unnecessary due to the obviousness?

Never mind.

I hate these traitorous coward libs. I feel another killing spree coming on.

Don't bother. He's bound to accidentally die falling on or eating something dangerous all by himself.

The conservative agenda takes another huge hit. As I keep saying, this is yet another example of how the country is turning more liberal.

...in other words, Anyone can come and vote in a US election?