Death Row prisoner set free

After smoking marijuana and drinking wine, they went to the home of 78-year-old Bible teacher Ruth Pelke, armed with a knife. Cooper struck Pelke with a vase, cut her arms and legs, then stabbed her in the chest and stomach 33 times, according to Indiana court records.

Their loot? Just $10.

An Indiana judge sentenced Cooper to death on July 11, 1986, at the age of 16.

Yeah here is another success story about to happend.......Sure she will be a model citizen

No remorse for her at all, and the grandson is just as bad as she is - betraying his grandmother like that. She wasn't just some juvenile accomplice to the crime - she beat and stabbed a 78 year old woman to death over 10 dollars. Death by firing squad would have been too good for her - I'm glad she at least had the pleasure of rotting away in a cell for 27 years, so some justice was served. Oh and good luck on a convicted murderer ever getting a decent job - lol!

No Christians here obviously.

Not much of a Christian but:

"Those who live by the sword die by the sword"

Proof yet again that Cons favor executing children.

She wouldn't have been executed as a child, she would have been over 18 before the execution took place.

Says an abortion supporter.

Liar.

She wouldn't have been executed as a child, she would have been over 18 before the execution took place.

Straw man fail. Age at execution was never an issue.

Age at the time of the crime was the issue.

Just think...if the victim was Black instead of White and the perp was White instead of Black...Wharf Rat would be furious.

So a head-injured fuck decides to reward a killer with a pinafore and a sno-cone. Is this how all murderers should be treated?

Maybe he has no head trauma. Maybe he's just a retard helping another.

My money is on...ultraliberalism coming into play here.

No remorse for her at all, and the grandson is just as bad as she is - betraying his grandmother like that. She wasn't just some juvenile accomplice to the crime - she beat and stabbed a 78 year old woman to death over 10 dollars. Death by firing squad would have been too good for her - I'm glad she at least had the pleasure of rotting away in a cell for 27 years, so some justice was served. Oh and good luck on a convicted murderer ever getting a decent job - lol!

he just took a big responsibility on his shoulders doing this. i mean i understand that the power of god can transform lives and that he did

this because his grandma was a good, forgiving, christian type person who may have wanted this kind of forgiving act towards her killer. but this

woman's act was one of a straight psychopath. all he can do is hope her life has been spiritually transformed. because if it hasn't been and she

kills again? that blood will be on his hands every bit as much as hers.

he just took a big responsibility on his shoulders doing this. i mean i understand that the power of god can transform lives and that he did

this because his grandma was a good, forgiving, christian type person who may have wanted this kind of forgiving act towards her killer. but this

woman's act was one of a straight psychopath. all he can do is hope her life has been spiritually transformed. because if it hasn't been and she

Forgiveness is one thing, palling around with your grandmother's killer is totally different. I think that's a big dishonor to his grandma.

I have a feeling that a white 16 yr old girl wouldn't have received the death penalty.

Why's that? Casey Anthony was facing the death penalty. There was a white 13 year old boy who shot his mom who was facing the death penalty (if I recall right). It was a premeditated 1st degree murder, definitely the act of a psychopath. And 16 is hardly a child. I don't see any reason why they should ever be let out of prison other than just to appease some bleeding hearts.

What's Christiany have to do with it.

ORR

In answer to your question, Old Ridge Runner. ^^^^ this is what Christianity has to do with it.

Nice post, lew.