Blow Hard Biden's Gun Control Slumber Party

Despite a failed attempt earlier this year to pass stricter gun control and falling popularity, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden met with Newtown, Conn., families on Thursday, nearly six months after the deadly mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Obama, Biden reassure Newtown families gun control still tops agenda

White House spokesman Jay Carney said the president and vice president were hosting the families at the White House for a discussion on common-sense legislation to reduce gun violence.

While in town, the Newtown families are also dropping in on legislators on Capitol Hill. Fox News reports:

Jillian Soto whose sister Victoria, a teacher at the school, was killed in the massacre is scheduled to appear on Capitol Hill Thursday, a day after relatives of victims Daniel Barden, Lauren Rousseau, Jesse Lewis, Dylan Stupid libturds never learn:

Hockley, Mary Sherlach, Ana Marquez-Greene and Benjamin Wheeler traveled to Washington to commemorate the anniversary.

I thought it was important to be there so it wasnt a date that was just forgotten, Neil Heslin, father of Jesse Lewis, told the Hartford Courant.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and congressional Democratic leaders will be on hand at the press conference, while Republicans, including House Speaker John Boehner, plan to meet with victims relatives as well. A Remember the Victims event also will be held on Thursday, with a reading of more than 4,500 victims lost to gun violence since the Newtown shooting. Residents of Newtown will later read the 26 victims names.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/06/13/obama-biden-reassure-newtown-families-gun-control-still-tops-agenda/

Despite a failed attempt earlier this year to pass stricter gun control and falling popularity, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden met with Newtown, Conn., families on Thursday, nearly six months after the deadly mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said the president and vice president were hosting the families at the White House for a discussion on common-sense legislation to reduce gun violence.

While in town, the Newtown families are also dropping in on legislators on Capitol Hill. Fox News reports:

Jillian Soto whose sister Victoria, a teacher at the school, was killed in the massacre is scheduled to appear on Capitol Hill Thursday, a day after relatives of victims Daniel Barden, Lauren Rousseau, Jesse Lewis, Dylan Stupid libturds never learn:

Hockley, Mary Sherlach, Ana Marquez-Greene and Benjamin Wheeler traveled to Washington to commemorate the anniversary.

I thought it was important to be there so it wasnt a date that was just forgotten, Neil Heslin, father of Jesse Lewis, told the Hartford Courant.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and congressional Democratic leaders will be on hand at the press conference, while Republicans, including House Speaker John Boehner, plan to meet with victims relatives as well. A Remember the Victims event also will be held on Thursday, with a reading of more than 4,500 victims lost to gun violence since the Newtown shooting. Residents of Newtown will later read the 26 victims names.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/06/13/obama-biden-reassure-newtown-families-gun-control-still-tops-agenda/

Failure? LOL. You really should pay closer attention. What is currently not being done at the federal level is being done at the state level. The Newtown families haven't gone anywhere, and a number of mayors are on a cross country mission to encourage passage of common sense gun laws. This effort is only getting stronger. Stay tuned.

I guess Gun Kook was expecting Obma to erase some laws and write new ones like Limbaugh claimed.

lmao!!!

Too fuhkin funny!!!

The View hosted three of the Moms who lost thier children in the Sandy Hook massacre. I think it was this past Wednesday. They kept showing pictures of thier little deceased kids during the program. It was so sad. I hope the Sandy Hook parents, the President, gun control supporters and anybody who cares about the future of this country continues to push for stricter gun laws.

too bad the 90% who want gun control dont want gun control

dumbazz..

The View hosted three of the Moms who lost thier children in the Sandy Hook massacre. I think it was this past Wednesday. They kept showing pictures of thier little deceased kids during the program. It was so sad. I hope the Sandy Hook parents, the President, gun control supporters and anybody who cares about the future of this country continues to push for stricter gun laws.

my favorite one was two days earlier

when they were discussing the effect spoons have on obesity

if we banned spoons, we could buy any size soda we want to..

Failure? LOL. You really should pay closer attention. What is currently not being done at the federal level is being done at the state level. The Newtown families haven't gone anywhere, and a number of mayors are on a cross country mission to encourage passage of common sense gun laws. This effort is only getting stronger. Stay tuned.

Yeah. Failure. Only a couple of idiot failure liberal states are passing guns bans. Get a grip.

Same bunch wants to send arms to muslim rebels to fight Syria....yeah there is a brilliant idea. Not like we have to worry about any of the arms showing up in th USA or better yet shooting down a major air carrier....

Yeah. Failure. Only a couple of idiot failure liberal states are passing guns bans. Get a grip.

A couple of Liberal states? LOL. Like I said, you need to pay closer attention to whats going on. If you think for one minute it has been settled at the federal level, you are as equally mistaken. The vote in the House against the background check bill was a temporary setback. Let me tell you what's going to happen in the not so distant future. Background check legislation is going to become law at the federal level. Internet sales of firearms will become prohibited. Background checks at gunshows will become law. Bans on certain types of firearms, and accessories are going to happen. It's a matter of when, not if.

A couple of Liberal states? LOL. Like I said, you need to pay closer attention to whats going on. If you think for one minute it has been settled at the federal level, you are as equally mistaken. The vote in the House against the background check bill was a temporary setback. Let me tell you what's going to happen in the not so distant future. Background check legislation is going to become law at the federal level. Internet sales of firearms will become prohibited. Background checks at gunshows will become law. Bans on certain types of firearms, and accessories are going to happen. It's a matter of when, not if.

A couple of states enacted laws after Newtown when the Federal government moved too slowly to please the knee-jerk gun controllers. In every case, the backlash against those laws was profound. New York's law was so poorly written and structured, and was passed in the dark of night contrary to New York state Constitutional law that police in New York refuse to even try to enforce it, and it will certainly be overturned in court. Hundreds of people went to the state capitol demanding to know what would be done if they refused to comply with the law. Massive civil disobedience. The one guy who was arrested for having a magazine with too many rounds in it had the charges dropped by the prosecutor who felt the law wouldn't pass legal challenge anyway.

Colorado's law restricting mag capacity has resulted in recall efforts against the lawmakers who supported it, and the sheriffs of every county (except for those in the liberal bastions of Denver and Boulder) have all refused to enforce it and have joined the lawsuit to overturn the law in court.

California has enacted a spurious spate of laws so over the top that the political backlash there is causing much consternation in the state capitol.

The membership of gun rights groups like the NRA and the GOA has exploded, to say nothing of the rise in gun and ammunition sales nationwide. Based upon the recent scandals showing the government running riot over Constitutional rights has even members of the political left upset!

I think if bans on guns actually become reality, and not just the agonized stress dreams of gun haters, we'll see a civil war in this country.

Okay. So list these massive amount of states passing gun bans, and such, or shut your pie hole. More States are passing Anti gun control legislation than those who are.

Wish in one hand, and $hit in the other, and let me know which one fills up first..

...President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden met with Newtown, Conn., families on Thursday, nearly six months after the deadly mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

I wonder if meeting with every family that is victim to a disaster in America is a new precedence for Obama and the VP or was this meeting just a part of the political agenda and a ploy.