Syria.........what to do (if anything)

What......realistically....can we do and what can we get as an outcome? Is any of it cost effective?

We...obviously...do not like Assad much at all...and his "pals" Hezbollah,Iran, we probably like even less. Russia? well...we can't quite say "Fck off" but they are as much a pain as "friends" as they were when enemies.

The REBELS in Syria......are a motley crew who's ideal outcome is probably a Sunni run theocratic dictatorship. We'd LIKE to see a commitment to a PEACEABLE...tolerant...more secular democracy and...I don't see the various rebel factions that into those goals. I fear the outcome is the same nasty crap but with a different group being the corrupt bullies. That's also the outlook that the US Govt and the Euros see.

The Rebels....OUGHT to have got their POLITICAL act together. They OUGHT to have a real PLAN for what they intend to do...post Assad.

The USA...ain't gonna hand out Stingers to Rebels that are suspected of including Al Qaeda and other Jihad types. What is the TIPPING POINT....is if the USA decides to use Air Power...perhaps with some allies.

We don't WANT to provide certain weapons to Rebel groups we can't TRUST but...just supplying assault rifles and hand grenades..won't negate that the Syrian Govt has air power,artillery,tanks....

So......if we COMMIT....the obvious answer is we do a "no Fly" and stretch the concept to actual Air Support for the Rebels...kind of like what was the case in Libya. We will NOT do "boots on the ground", not a chance. We're wary about what weapons we hand out to assorted folks we're NOT altogether fond of. We CAN....seriously...tilt the balance by using our air power to eliminate Syrian airpower...armor...artillery. To Do that...we'd need to do a BIG TIME hit on Syria's whole air defense system...they have lots of Russian made radar/SAMs...and we blew similar stuff away in our wars with Saddam...but...that ain't stuff that's cheap or easy. There's really NO ideal option.

I do not see any benefit for the US getting involved in Syria. Iraq, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan should demonstrate that US involvement does nothing but allow Islamic Theocracies to come into power. Certainly nothing in our national interest.

Putin just said "nyet" to the No Fly deal!

Its a no win situation, as I see it. We certainly don't want to butt heads with Russia or China or Iran.

Only the war crazed PNAC Neocon group would be so insane as to do that. As they are Zionists, in entirity.

There will never be any true democracy in any Islamic state, of that I know.

Suggested course of action:

1) Intel locates Syria's chem weapons stockpiles.

2) a - The 82nd Airborne lands and secures those sites where practical.

2) b - The USAF and USN bombs the shit out of those sites where it is not practical to land.

3) We haul the chem weapons out of Syria and destroy them later.

4) We leave and let the locals fight it out amongst themselves.

Seeing how Bobo, the Post Turtle's numbers are down, I would assume, and that's not much of an assumption, there is amble proof, he is stupid enough to think getting us involved in a war would help his numbers.

Suggested course of action:

1) Intel locates Syria's chem weapons stockpiles.

2) a) The 82nd Airborne lands and secures those sites where practical.

B) The USAF and USN bombs the shit out of those sites where it is not practical to land.

3) We haul the chem weapons out of Syria and destroy them later.

4) We leave and let the locals fight it out amongst themselves.

ROFLMAO!

Now that's just too funny.

Seeing how Bobo, the Post Turtle's numbers are down, I would assume, and that's not much of an assumption, there is amble proof, he is stupid enough to think getting us involved in a war would help his numbers.

ROFLMAO!

Now that's just too funny.

Well rebutted. Really.

Having done such an *effective* job, now how about you state your own suggestion?

Obama has once again lead-from-behind on this issue and has now boxed himself (and us) into a corner.

There is no good solution now, because we did nothing for years, but sit on our thumbs and hope for change.

Having done such an *effective* job, now how about you state your own suggestion?

I think it's pretty funny that you want someone to suggest how to best bail ourselves out of a problem that Obama created by doing nothing.

The lack of leadership coming from this man is appalling.

So of course, the left will blame Republicans... it's what they always do.