Defund the Military

Stand down troop. Thanks for your service and job well done.

The last seventeen years I didn't see much of Momma and the Kids. Can't blame her for divorcing me as a woman needs more than a husband whose always gone. At least this father's day was only two thousand miles away instead of halfway around the world trying to help a bunch of 18-22 year old Kids trying to make it home alive. They're what it's all about. I'm a stranger to my own Family who I held most dear to my heart every second I was away. I couldn't have made it without the Them. They're your real heroes, not me.

God knows the loneliness still fills me at times but at least I know my Children are at least a little safer so in the greater scheme of things I like to believe it was worth it. All I know is I gave 110% of whatever I had inside every moment of every day so my Marines had the same chance I wanted for myself from my leaders. I didn't always succeed but at least I tried and I hope the Families of the Fallen know I did my best and forgive me for losing their Children whom I still love to this day. A day doesn't go by that I wouldn't trade my life for their's.

My Marines aren't an abstract concept Sir. They're flesh and blood human beings with their own hopes, dreams and aspirations. You really should have gotten to know them because you'd be as proud of them as I am. I really miss them and my Alabama.

Happy Father's Day to the Fallen and their Children who will never know them. Know that they will forever be in our hearts as well as your's. We miss them more than words can ever express.

Alan Jackson's & Jimmy Buffet's "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"

Stand down troop. Thanks for your service and job well done.

The last seventeen years I didn't see much of Momma and the Kids. Can't blame her for divorcing me as a woman needs more than a husband whose always gone. At least this father's day was only two thousand miles away instead of halfway around the world trying to help a bunch of 18-22 year old Kids trying to make it home alive. They're what it's all about. I'm a stranger to my own Family who I held most dear to my heart every second I was away. I couldn't have made it without the Them. They're your real heroes, not me.

God knows the loneliness still fills me at times but at least I know my Children are at least a little safer so in the greater scheme of things I like to believe it was worth it. All I know is I gave 110% of whatever I had inside every moment of every day so my Marines had the same chance I wanted for myself from my leaders. I didn't always succeed but at least I tried and I hope the Families of the Fallen know I did my best and forgive me for losing their Children whom I still love to this day. A day doesn't go by that I wouldn't trade my life for their's.

My Marines aren't an abstract concept Sir. They're flesh and blood human beings with their own hopes, dreams and aspirations. You really should have gotten to know them because you'd be as proud of them as I am. I really miss them and my Alabama.

Happy Father's Day to the Fallen and their Children who will never know them. Know that they will forever be in our hearts as well as your's. We miss them more than words can ever express.

Alan Jackson's & Jimmy Buffet's "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"

cry me a river

I totally agree with this, it's the most cost-effective and guaranteeable way to end US imperialism abroad.
-More Americans at home, out of unnecessary harm's way.
-Hundreds of billions of dollars off the federal budget (thus both lowering the size and scope of the federal gov't and easing the taxpayers' wallets).
-An increase in global opinion of the US, due to our cease in foreign intervention and military adventurism (and thus a decrease in terrorism and terrorist sentiment).

In this day and age, we're not at genuine risk of invasion from a foreign power (and would be less so by not partaking in proxy wars, etc.), so to continue military spending at 1985 levels is completely unnecessary. After the military is defunded, the number of state militias will rise; the number of patriots who'll rally to defend their homes out of pure love of country will be more than adequate to fulfill our defense needs.

We don't need a Military. Bring all our troops home, let the UN handle it. Why should we pour trillions down a rat hole so cons can sleep ontop of the their beds, instead of under it?

We don't need a military? Why because everybody loves America ?

You will always have a military , who's depended on how fast idiots realize it .

You will always have a government and military , just will it be ours or theirs .