1,000 Nuclear Power Plants

Every time when the subject of green energy comes up or the evils of oil, I have always given my idea that what this nation needs is at least 1,000 nuclear power plants. My fuel source was going to be thorium. I opined that these reactors would be cheap, efficient, and most importantly safe. My idea was to have our nation totally off carbon based electricity, i.e., not one watt of electricity produced by hydrocarbons in our entire country. I believe this could be done in ten years. Twenty at the most if the politicians get involved.

Well...................

I just, tonight, heard about Taylor Wilson. I believe he is the follow on to creators like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. He even seems to even look like them and have a lot of their mannerisms.

Watch the short video attached to the link. It is eye opening.

http://www.ted.com/talks/taylor_wilson_my_radical_plan_for_small_nuclear_fission_reactors.html

Every time when the subject of green energy comes up or the evils of oil, I have always given my idea that what this nation needs is at least 1,000 nuclear power plants. My fuel source was going to be thorium. I opined that these reactors would be cheap, efficient, and most importantly safe. My idea was to have our nation totally off carbon based electricity, i.e., not one watt of electricity produced by hydrocarbons in our entire country. I believe this could be done in ten years. Twenty at the most if the politicians get involved.

Well...................

I just, tonight, heard about Taylor Wilson. I believe he is the follow on to creators like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. He even seems to even look like them and have a lot of their mannerisms.

http://www.ted.com/talks/taylor_wilson_my_radical_plan_for_small_nuclear_fission_reactors.html

Clean energy - great idea. Nuclear power - iffy. After Chernobyl ? Then , and we must take this very seriously; what if Political Correctness puts some Affirmative Action knuckle dragger behind the wheel at a nuclear facility? Chilling thought, to say the least. AND ALL IT TAKES IS ONE INCIDENT THAT GETS OUT OF HAND. JUST ONE!

Clean energy - great idea. Nuclear power - iffy. After Chernobyl ? Then , and we must take this very seriously; what if Political Correctness puts some Affirmative Action knuckle dragger behind the wheel at a nuclear facility? Chilling thought, to say the least. AND ALL IT TAKES IS ONE INCIDENT THAT GETS OUT OF HAND. JUST ONE!

It is obvious you did not watch the video.

There can not be any "Chernobyl" with this technology and there is no way it can "get out of hand".

So, before you embarrass yourself more, watch the video and think before you reply.

It is obvious you did not watch the video.

There can not be any "Chernobyl" with this technology and there is no way it can "get out of hand".

So, before you embarrass yourself more, watch the video and think before you reply.

Compared to the plants in service; appears to be much much safer. Should call Barry and ask for a grant to construct a prototype. I mean, this administration will pretty much fund anything; even if they know it will fail. Me, I've always liked the sound of hydrogen, and that too has great potential.

Well...................

I could go with his nuclear design, but not sure a thousand would handle the load for everything I have in mind for the future, an electric highway system and desalination units to flood dry states to increase food production, and refill aquifers, plus lower overall energy costs to corporations and community's. His idea to mass produce these units seems a good idea. We only need the best design, not every company making a different design tweak that can lead to failure.

Compared to the plants in service; appears to be much much safer. Should call Barry and ask for a grant to construct a prototype. I mean, this administration will pretty much fund anything; even if they know it will fail. Me, I've always liked the sound of hydrogen, and that too has great potential.

I agree. Hydrogen ought to be seriously looked at as a fuel for short range vehicles in cities. The question with hydrogen is, where do you get the hydrogen? That is where all this new, inexpensive and safe nuclear power comes in. Using cheap or at least cheaper nuclear power the hydrogen can be harvest from water.

Talk about great potential.

I could go with his nuclear design, but not sure a thousand would handle the load for everything I have in mind for the future, an electric highway system and desalination units to flood dry states to increase food production, and refill aquifers, plus lower overall energy costs to corporations and community's. His idea to mass produce these units seems a good idea. We only need the best design, not every company making a different design tweak that can lead to failure.

I agree. My idea of 1,000 of these power plants was just the minimum.

I would like to have at least three different models/designs. My experience in the military and aviation tells me you always want more than one provider. If that one develops a flaw, the others can be used as back ups till a fix can be found.

I like your ideas.

To be for nuclear power after Three Mile Island (and, even worse, after the accident at Chernobyl, in 1986) was to be for corporations; for lying, callous governments; and for the inane notion that the benefits of new technologies always outweigh the risks.

Hence, we should not make use of nuclear power.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/06/time-to-go-nuclear.html