Is Issa bluffing or does he have the goods?

Issa is confident that he can tie the scrutinizing of Tea Party groups as "social welfare" organizations back to the white house. He released selective transcripts and vowed to release the rest. He has since backtracked and now thinks releasing them will jeopardize the investigation. Cummings has called him out on it and gave him until monday to identify the specific statements that will hurt the investigation. It feels like Issa may be bluffing, or worse yet, it all goes up the chain to a Republican IRS employee.

What do you think, does Issa have the red meat and he's just waiting to release it all with a major splash? Or is he worried he has nothin' and is scrambling to save face?

So far, 5 people form D.C. have either retired, plead the 5th and been suspended (with pay), or been fired.

None of them have said that the White House was involved, but clearly this wasn't confined to Cincinnati as the Administration tried to claim.

Another wasteful investigation of trying to find something anything on the Dem president.

Issa has spent $10's of millions on witch hunts, hasn't he got enough egg on his and the Repubs faces yet?

Better yet why doesn't he do the effin job he was elected to do.

Media whore that he is!

Another wasteful investigation of trying to find something anything on the Dem president.

Issa has spent $10's of millions on witch hunts, hasn't he got enough egg on his and the Repubs faces yet?

Better yet why doesn't he do the effin job he was elected to do.

Media whore that he is!

Can you document what Issa has spent, or did you just make up that "fact" off the top of your pointy little head?

Can't have a coverup without little Miss Marxist spreading Disinformation. :glare:

IRS agents not from Cincinnati have been fired. So much for your bulls***.

June 5, 2013 6:00 PM

They Weren’t ‘Rogue’ Agents

IRS employees say that it’s impossible the targeting operation was confined to Cincinnati.

By Andrew Stiles

How might you feel if you had performed, with your bosses’ permission and direction, a project that they later blamed on you and publicly denounced as a rogue operation?

That’s the situation in which some employees of the Cincinnati’s IRS office find themselves. The IRS and the Obama administration have repeatedly said that low-level, “rogue” employees in Cincinnati were to blame for the agency’s inappropriate targeting of conservative groups, despite an array of evidence to the contrary. As a result, those Cincinnati employees are understandably miffed.

Several IRS employees in the Cincinnati field office acknowledge in recent interviews with the House Oversight Committee that they’re not happy with the excuse.

“I still hear people saying we were low-level employees, so we were lower than dirt, according to people in D.C.,” one employee told the committee. “So, take it for what it is. They were basically throwing us underneath the bus.”

The same employee, when asked about former acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller’s claim that the scandal was the result of two “rogue” agents’ “overly aggressive” handling of conservative nonprofit cases, said that explanation was “impossible.”

“As an agent, we are controlled by many, many people. We have to submit many, many reports. So the chance of two agents being rogue and doing things like that could never happen,” the employee said.

Another, more senior employee in the Cincinnati office said she was so fed up with “micromanagement” from IRS officials in Washington that she applied for another job in July 2010, several months after the targeting began. “It was the micromanagement,” the employee explained. “The subject area was extremely sensitive and it was something that I didn’t want to be associated with.”

The employee said she was aware of the “inappropriateness” of “not processing these applications [from conservative groups] fairly and timely” in 2010, and seemed baffled at the official explanations coming out of Washington. “I mean, rogue agent?” the employee said. “Even though I was taking all my direction from [the Exempt Organizations Technical Division in Washington, D.C.],” she said. “I didn’t want my name in the paper for being this rogue agent for a project I had no control over.”

An IRS employee in Cincinnati tells National Review Online there “absolutely” is anger in the Ohio office aimed at superiors in Washington — individuals such as Lois Lerner, the embattled director of Exempt Organizations who has been placed on administrative leave, and Holly Paz, the Rulings and Agreements director who donated $2,000 to Obama in 2008. Paz sat in on many of the inspector general’s interviews with Cincinnati employees, which could explain why they were reluctant to identify who ordered them to target conservatives.

Lerner, who recently invoked her Fifth Amendment rights and refused to testify before the House Oversight Committee, preemptively broke the news of the inspector general’s report on May 10, when she responded to a planted question from a D.C. tax lobbyist. Then, Lerner indicated that “our line people in Cincinnati” were responsible for the targeting, despite the fact that her signature appears on at least 15 official requests for information sent to conservative groups.

The IRS source says that employees are “especially” annoyed with Cindy Thomas, a manager in the determinations unit. “She’s a micromanager,” the source says. “She doesn’t defend her employees at all. She and Lois Lerner are — were — good buddies. [This is] part of the reason the [Treasury inspector general] labeled it gross mismanagement.”

Thomas’s name appears in a series of June 2011 e-mails obtained by the House Oversight Committee in which she and Paz discuss the handling of “tea party cases,” as well as Lerner’s interest in the matter. In one e-mail, Thomas asked employees in the Cincinnati office to explain the criteria being used to identify a “tea party case.” “Do the applications specify/state ‘tea party?’ If not, how do we know [the] applicant is involved with the tea party movement?” Thomas wrote, after being informed that Lerner wanted a “a briefing on these cases.”

http://nationalreview.com/article/350293/they-werent-rogue-agents-andrew-stiles

Strange that the bosses in D.C. are the ones dropping like flies.

5 down... how many more are there to go? Stay tuned! Same moonbat time, same moonbat channel!!!

Cummings is obviously a liar.

BTW, your link says:

Cummings, a Maryland Democrat, said he would release a full transcript of the committee's interviews with IRS officials by the end of this week, if the panel's Republican chairman, Representative Darrell Issa, does not.

It's now the end of the week, where is Cummings transcript?

Can't have a coverup without little Miss Marxist spreading Disinformation. :glare:

WTF is that incessant braying sound?

309n5ty.jpg

Speaking of spreading disinformation, are you ever going to cite the source for your claim that the IRS has been targeting conservative groups and conducting 'audits' on their tax returns?

BTW, your link says:

Cummings, a Maryland Democrat, said he would release a full transcript of the committee's interviews with IRS officials by the end of this week, if the panel's Republican chairman, Representative Darrell Issa, does not.

Darrell Issa said on CNN that he would release the transcripts, and is now backpedaling on that promise.

Obviously he's a liar.

Maybe you help Clem out GB.

He made the claim that the IRS has been conducting unfair 'audits' of the tax returns of right wing/conservative groups.

I'm not talking about their applications for tax exempt status being given extra scrutiny.

Clem specifically used the word 'audits'.

I haven't heard anything about that. Even Issa hasn't made that claim.

But Clem says there is an abundance of evidence about that all over this forum, he just won't tell me which threads it's in.

Do you know?

Most (right wing groups) had trouble raising funds once donors found out about the audits, harassment and intrusive questions.

It's all been in the news. I've cited evidence in my threads.

Which right wing group was 'audited' by the IRS.

Give me a name.

There are several threads about the topic, moonbat. If you're too lazy to read them, don't bother me.

Issa doesn't have the goods. If he did, he wouldn't have a qualm about releasing the entirety of the transcripts.

No good investigator tells everything he knows. If he has anything of substance, it will surface.

obama is too smart to have his name directly tied to anything, though.

Issa is confident that he can tie the scrutinizing of Tea Party groups as "social welfare" organizations back to the white house. He released selective transcripts and vowed to release the rest. He has since backtracked and now thinks releasing them will jeopardize the investigation. Cummings has called him out on it and gave him until monday to identify the specific statements that will hurt the investigation. It feels like Issa may be bluffing, or worse yet, it all goes up the chain to a Republican IRS employee.

What do you think, does Issa have the red meat and he's just waiting to release it all with a major splash? Or is he worried he has nothin' and is scrambling to save face?

He hasn't got anything. That's why he won't release the full transcripts. His problem is other members of the committee do, namely James Clyburn (D-SC), and he has already threatened to release them if Issa doesn't. The IRS non scandal is about as credible as the other non scandals, which is to say there is no credibility.

He hasn't got anything. That's why he won't release the full transcripts. His problem is other members of the committee do, namely James Clyburn (D-SC), and he has already threatened to release them if Issa doesn't. The IRS non scandal is about as credible as the other non scandals, which is to say there is no credibility.

Yea, Clyburn was suppose to have released them by today... but he hasn't.

Why not, I wonder?

You morons keep saying this isn't a scandal, yet 5 top IRS employees from D.C. have either quit, been fired or suspended.

This fact also belies the claim from liberals that this was just a few low level people from Cincinnati.

Rule #1.

Elijah Cummings Darrel Issa said on CNN that he would release the transcripts, and is now backpedaling on that promise.

Obviously he's a liar.

There you go, fixed that typo for you.

You've got some drool on your chin...

So does my German Shepherd after he kills and eats neo cons.

But he keeps spitting them out and says they taste like shit,

My drools are from eating thin sliced steak and garlic drenched in lime and

lemon juice, spices, OO, and red wine.

Don't get no better than that.

BTW, your link says:

Issa has now officially objected in writing. If Cummings goes ahead and releases full transcripts anyway, that would represent a significant breach of the committee rules and protocol.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2013/jun/12/darrell-issa-blocks-release-irs-transcripts/

How stupid are you that you don't know this?

Furthermore....

Interestingly, Issa's letter does not challenge, directly or indirectly, Cummings' claim that the practice of identifying Tea Party groups for extra scrutiny originated in Cincinnati among career IRS employees. In listing areas that still need investigation, Issa focuses on other parts of the controversy, such as why IRS leadership "misled and failed to inform Congress" about the problems.

That certainly deserves further investigation. But as Issa knows quite well, there's little political payoff in that part of the controversy. In terms of scandal, the crux of the matter is whether the decision to focus on Tea Party groups was a political decision driven by the Obama administration, or a bad mistake made by career IRS employees.

The evidence strongly suggests that Issa knows the answer to that question, but isn't willing to share it with the rest of us.

I bring more sources to the board to back up my claims than likely anyone. You just can't see them.

Speaking of spreading disinformation, are you ever going to cite the source for your claim that the IRS has been targeting conservative groups and conducting 'audits' on their tax returns?

You can't see any evidence at all when your head's stuffed up your butt.

As it has been for years.

Misty, on 17 May 2013 - 11:23, said:

There is no evidence that the White House orchestrated the changes (in the Benghazi emails)

:D

Clem says there is an abundance of evidence about that all over this forum, he just won't tell me which threads it's in.

Do you know?

You're the lying, myopic troll who claimed that the boxes and boxes and boxes of evidence that Schippers at al collected weren't evidence.

Hey, that's honest! :D

Oh gosh, maybe in the boxes and boxes and boxes of evidence and sworn testimony that Schippers, House Managers and their employees collected?

The ones Clinton demanded by sealed for 50 years?

Does that give you a hint?

Yes. It gives me a big hint that you're fucking Looney Tunes.

You think you can see things that are in sealed boxes.

Darrell Issa said on CNN that he would release the transcripts, and is now backpedaling on that promise.

Obviously he's a liar.

Hilarious coming from someone whose nose was deep into Clinton's buttocks for eight years, dishonestly defending every scandal, every felony and every lie.