College Republicans: GOP has "dismal situation" with young vot

Republicans have a "dismal present situation" among young voters who believe the party is "closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned," according to a College Republican National Committee (CNRC) report.

President Obama won 60 percent of this young demographic in his reelection victory.

That perfectly describes all wingnuts on this forum too: closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned,"

Please, never change.

When the voters of tomorrow see the GOP as closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned," it doesn't bode well for them.

Thing about it is, many of those young voters will grow up to be conservative and then they too can be called closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned".

It were the young college republicans calling their party out on being closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned".

It were the young college republicans calling their party out on being closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned".

It was a report from the young republicans about the party image among young people. Not young republicans self-describing...or at least that's my reading. I don't necessarily blame young people for feeling that way.

I felt that way when I was young too. My dad was a fuddy duddy...what did he know? Then, I got some age on me. I matured. I see the world quite differently than when I was 21. Granted, due to circumstances, I aged out a little quicker than most, I guess.

It was a report from the young republicans about the party image among young people. Not young republicans self-describing...or at least that's my reading. I don't necessarily blame young people for feeling that way.

I felt that way when I was young too. My dad was a fuddy duddy...what did he know? Then, I got some age on me. I matured. I see the world quite differently than when I was 21. Granted, due to circumstances, I aged out a little quicker than most, I guess.

That's all well and good but we're talking about how a large voting bloc feels about your party. If you feel OK with them being considered dinosaurs....more power to you.

That's all well and good but we're talking about how a large voting bloc feels about your party. If you feel OK with them being considered dinosaurs....more power to you.

It's how that same voting block have always seen the Republicans.

Eventually, the 20-somethings grow up and turn into 30-somethings. That feeds the Republicans.

It won't be the young people who will eventually doom the GOP. It will be when the plurality of people are getting a check from the government for this or that and are afraid it will be taken away.

We're almost there now.

It's how that same voting block have always seen the Republicans.

Eventually, the 20-somethings grow up and turn into 30-somethings. That feeds the Republicans.

It won't be the young people who will eventually doom the GOP. It will be when the plurality of people are getting a check from the government for this or that and are afraid it will be taken away.

We're almost there now.

Same old republican crap. You would think you would have learned your lesson in nov. You hate social welfare but cheer corporate welfare.

Americans have caught on to you.

I don't cheer corporate welfare.

Your party does. Your whole ideology is based on propping up the 1%er's and sticking it to the rest.

We saw how your candidate for president really felt when he went off script.

It doomed him...but what I like about conservatives....they never learn from their mistakes. They really can't.

It's too entrenched into their whole philosophy.

Your party does. Your whole ideology is based on propping up the 1%er's and sticking it to the rest.

It doomed him...but what I like about conservatives....they never learn from their mistakes. They really can't.

Skeppy's a Blow Hard Moron.... Your whole ideology is that the people that earn more should help and pay for those who don't achieve or earn it.

Romney went off script and told the truth...there's a percentage of people who have their hand out and won't support a republican.

Sometimes the truth isn't politically correct and a low information voter us susceptible.

Romney went off script and told the truth...there's a percentage of people who have their hand out and won't support a republican.

Sometimes the truth isn't politically correct and a low information voter us susceptible.

You miss the major point. Many who you cons think are holding out their hands....were vets, people on social security.....

people earned it and had it coming to them. They paid into it all their lives.

Wow...you missed the jist of Romney's disasterous 47% comment. Wow.

NO wonder your side lost.

You miss the major point. Many who you cons think are holding out their hands....were vets, people on social security.....

people earned it and had it coming to them. They paid into it all their lives.

Wow...you missed the jist of Romney's disasterous 47% comment. Wow.

NO wonder your side lost.

Except for the fact the government had no business in SS, I don't mind a bit people trying to salvage what they put in...doubly so for vets.

I'm sure I nailed exactly what Romney meant and said.

Republicans have a "dismal present situation" among young voters who believe the party is "closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned," according to a College Republican National Committee (CNRC) report.

President Obama won 60 percent of this young demographic in his reelection victory.

That perfectly describes all wingnuts on this forum too: closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned,"

Please, never change.

When the voters of tomorrow see the GOP as closed-minded, racist, rigid" and "old-fashioned," it doesn't bode well for them.

Is this something new Tard Tard? The young are always idealists...then most of us grow up.

Well we can fix this, make it so no one born after 1982 can vote. Also Ban All Blues States and democrats from voting, and only allow red states in the South, and Republicans in Ohio to vote. I just solved the problem of Republican's not winning elections.

Well we can fix this, make it so no one born after 1982 can vote. Also Ban All Blues States and democrats from voting, and only allow red states in the South, and Republicans in Ohio to vote. I just solved the problem of Republican's not winning elections.

Yeah...that's the ticket ! True repuke common sense.

Is this something new Tard Tard? The young are always idealists...then most of us grow up.

Psssssttttt...Most of the grownups voted for Obama too. LMAO

Please, never change.

Agreed, most College students tend to lean Liberal.... But most of them experience profound changes in core belief, after joining the workforce and begin paying taxes.

Psssssttttt...Most of the grownups voted for Obama too. LMAO

From the OP..."President barack obama won 5 million more votes than Gov. Mitt Romney among voters under the age of 30 in the 2012 election. Despite Romney hold a 2-million-vote advantage over the President among voters aged 30 and older."

Also...

http://www.usatoday.com/interactives/news/politics/how-the-race-was-won

The older one gets, the more likely they are to vote Republican.

Agreed, most College students tend to lean Liberal.... But most of them experience profound changes in core belief, after joining the workforce and begin paying taxes.

Which my link shows if you'd care to look.

Who do you think takes the SS deductions out of your pay check?

lol

Pee Wee's Playhouse?

Allow me to rephrase since my wording was confusing...government has no business taking my money and promising (yeah, right) to give it back to me later in life at little or no return on investment.

None whatsoever.

Skeppy's a Blow Hard Moron.... Your whole ideology is that the people that earn more should help and pay for those who don't achieve or earn it.

Not true, we have a progressive tax going. Those who can afford to pay more, should. And those too poor to pay income tax, shouldn't. But the poor do pay other taxes.

The rich have their 15% cap gains tax, and also funnel money into hidden foreign accounts, and have many writeoffs.

So cry me a river about the "poor" rich!

It wouldn't be this way, if corporations hadn't shipped so many jobs and plants to Asia, etc! So you can put the blame on them, Cletus!

Not true, we have a progressive tax going. Those who can afford to pay more, should. And those too poor to pay income tax, shouldn't. But the poor do pay other taxes.

The rich have their 15% cap gains tax, and also funnel money into hidden foreign accounts, and have many writeoffs.

So cry me a river about the "poor" rich!

It wouldn't be this way, if corporations hadn't shipped so many jobs and plants to Asia, etc! So you can put the blame on them, Cletus!

How is rich defined?

How is poor defined?

Without those two very specific definitions, we are stuck.