Conservatives In For Obamacare Shock

Obamacare, Public Opinion, and Conservative Self-Delusion

a_560x375.jpg

A new poll out shows that the public, by a ten-point margin, trusts Democrats over Republicans on health-care issues.

By a 52–34 percent margin, they want Congress to implement or tinker with the law rather than repeal it. The nearly ubiquitous conservative belief that the public shares its passion for repealing Obamacare is a spate of self-delusion.

That overconfident delusion is the subject of Ramesh Ponnuru’s long National Review essay pleading with conservatives to stop believing their own bullsh-it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/obamacare-and-conservative-self-delusion.html

a_560x375.jpg

A new poll out shows that the public, by a ten-point margin, trusts Democrats over Republicans on health-care issues.

By a 52–34 percent margin, they want Congress to implement or tinker with the law rather than repeal it. The nearly ubiquitous conservative belief that the public shares its passion for repealing Obamacare is a spate of self-delusion.

That overconfident delusion is the subject of Ramesh Ponnuru’s long National Review essay pleading with conservatives to stop believing their own bullsh-it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/obamacare-and-conservative-self-delusion.html

Wait until they start paying for it....... :D

So what? A higher percentage thinks we should completely scrap Obamacare.

Should we go along with the polls, or is that different. Somehow? :rolleyes:

So what? A higher percentage thinks we should completely scrap Obamacare.

Should we go along with the polls, or is that different. Somehow? :rolleyes:

So what? lol.

Just another example of people trusting dems more than repukes. That must sting.

And...The ACA is the law. You lost. get over it. 30 million people can now get health insurance. I know that must make you crazy being the republican you are.

When things don't go your way....blame the citizens. Good move. it's worked so well for you the last two elections.

How the fuck is a guy making 20,000 able to get HC? How about a guy making 50,000 with a family?

is that conservative speak for being against our citizens having proper medical care/insurance ?

You guys always show your true colors.

who said im conservative? I just happen to think libs are wrong. The reason we are a republic is so that supposedly educated people are running the country instead of ignorant people who dont really know whats going on. While its not perfect it's way better than a democracy where its possible for uneducated people to make important decisions.

So it totally slipped your mind many voted for Bush "because they wanted to have a beer with him?

That's the mentality of your people, faux lib.

You should be able to post a link to that then huh?

Kick in your nuts that I'm more liberal than you huh, totalitarian quasi liberal progressive?

So what? lol.

Just another example of people trusting dems more than repukes. That must sting.

And...The ACA is the law. You lost. get over it. 30 million people can now get health insurance. I know that must make you crazy being the republican you are.

Yes, you think one poll pats you on the back but think the other poll is meaningless.

Typical liberal.

Because 30 million CAN get insurance doesn't mean they will.

Obamacare doesn't cover everyone. Just another lie you idiot liberals swallowed.

Hospitals can't turn the sick away it's been that way before ACA

IF it's deemed a medical emergency although most will take you and write it off anyway. I had to go to the hospital without insurance earlier this year. The hospital cut the bill in half right off the bat. Doctor took something like 40% off. Xrays were like $30. It ended up being not much more than some of the co-pays I've had.

Then I found out the next day I could have used MY hospital and just paid the $100 deductable. I was PRN at the time.

When things don't go your way....blame the citizens. Good move. it's worked so well for you the last two elections.

Actually the last ONE election that is already being called the "Landslide to Nowhere." I'm hoping that patient #213 in a waiting room of 300 people will remember the Barack Obama song to pass the time.. "mmm...mmm...mmm..Barack Hussain Obama!"

a_560x375.jpg

Nope, the working poor will experience the Obamacare shock. Will both lose their insurance and be forced to pay a fine.

Meanwhile the rich will get high quality care in a cash only market.

The elites win, the general public loses.

Almost makes me regret that Obama spent so much political capital implementing a healthcare reform designed by Republicans, rather than pushing through meaningful regulations on a volatile financial industry.

Almost makes me regret that Obama spent so much political capital implementing a healthcare reform designed by Republicans, rather than pushing through meaningful regulations on a volatile financial industry.

Yes, another liberal blaming someone else for their failures.

Sorry man, but Republicans weren't allowed to even read the bill that Pelosi/Reid/Obama wrote, before voting on it.

Republicans had NOTHING to do with this law.

Be a man for a change and accept responsibility for your actions.