Do you give to charities? Do your homework.

My charity to homo sapiens is done here. Reality is a prison of syllables syllogism rips instincts and intellect apart by design from within each ancestry.

Understanding real is forbidden in reality or rule of law wouldn't protect character's rights taking away ancestors' liberty before even being conceived, let alone born yet..

Humanity educates how to become society's child, not ancestry keeping the species alive one lifetime at a time now, now being eternity of added contracting results expanding the details passing through this atmosphere as it is doing currently all the time in this one instant as usual.

denying it doesn't save reality, it destroys understanding how to correct past mistakes. "When one doesn't learn from history, they are bound to repeat it every generation passing through the moment existing now."

Here's a handy list of the charities that give the smallest cut of what they raise to the people who need it.

It's at http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

cc

I read that article. While interesting and useful - I'll be careful not to donate anything to any of those charities or anyone in Montana - i would be more interested in the other end of the spectrum, the charities which give the MOST bang for the buck.

General question - does anyone have a list of such groups?

I only give to charaties that promote jihad and caliphate. death to all americans that dont bow down to meccah. allah akbar

are you gonna stink up every thread with your hatred of all that is right in the world...die you pig fu cking son of a whore

One thing I will say about this article though, many of these charities have names that are very similar to reputable charities, and while the "paid to solicitors" column is extremely bad, the "% paid on direct cash aid" may not be. For instance, research foundations for cancers, aids or other diseases could very easily have no money being paid through "direct cash aid" because their money is used for research.

I read that article. While interesting and useful - I'll be careful not to donate anything to any of those charities or anyone in Montana - i would be more interested in the other end of the spectrum, the charities which give the MOST bang for the buck.

General question - does anyone have a list of such groups?

This list seems OK, and there are others like it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/11/08/charity-all-stars/

Here's a handy list of the charities that give the smallest cut of what they raise to the people who need it.

cc

I used to give to several charities regularly, but as I realized the level of corruption involved in them I quit giving to them and instead increased how much money I contribute to my family and friends in need. For example: Several of us family members teamed up to put one niece through four years of college, and are on our 2nd year of putting another niece through college.

This list seems OK, and there are others like it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/11/08/charity-all-stars/

Much appreciated. I give to two of those groups, had never heard of "Brother's Brother" (will have to look into it further), and dropped UW a few years ago when they had their troubles, maybe it's time to go back to them.

I used to give to several charities regularly, but as I realized the level of corruption involved in them I quit giving to them and instead increased how much money I contribute to my family and friends in need. For example: Several of us family members teamed up to put one niece through four years of college, and are on our 2nd year of putting another niece through college.

Did you never consider donating to political campaigns?

On occasion I'll give to a local animal shelter, but only food, no money. And I don't buy the cheap shit (I don't buy Science Diet/Eukanuba either).

Most of my charity work is done locally and individually, like helping someone broken down on the side of the road. Free veterinary care/instruction. I've had more than one person come to the house with an injured animal or one in need of vaccines.

Well done, my friend!

you have a good family...

Charities have NO RESTRICTIONS to telemarket you! The DNC(do not call law) does not apply to them. Ditto political campaigns. And the clowns in India can call you, and ignor the DNC law! FACT!

One group of telemarketers BANKRUPTED the local charity that helps the blind! They also cleaned out the fund to build a teen center! The owner had to move out of the area, he was so hated!

cc

I gave to the christian childrens fund - the ones that send a photo and letters from the kid you "adopt." It was really cool, getting into a relationship with a kid I was sponsoring - but then I lost my job and had to stop giving. The letters kept coming, as the kid got skinnier and finally died of starvation.

That part really sucked. Made me feel bad every time I had a cigarette. I almost quit smoking just to send the little dude some food money. But man - quitting is hard.

the red cross, united way,and salvation army give over 90% to recipients. that is the way to go. you do have to pay people to run them..

of the 16 million we raised over the last 20 yrs, 100 percent went to charities

Best to check the salaries of the staff. I do Salvation Army - St. Jude's - Shriners Children. Not always a large donation, but always something. Adds up