Just for fun.................  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Polyarchy

• Just another name for "oligarchy"
    • I've lived in this my whole life
    • Wait, what ?
    • This can't be America !!
    • Well, I doubt they run everything
    • SGT_to_Tall's sloppy head recipients....
    • Str8tedge's mommy.....
    • I'll be one some day....
    • Kill them all.

Polyarchy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In modern political science, the term polyarchy (Greek: poly many, arkhe rule)[1] was introduced by Robert A. Dahl, now emeritus professor at Yale University, to describe a form of government in which power is vested in three or more persons. This form of government was first implemented in the United States and was gradually adopted by many other countries.[citation needed] According to Dahl, the fundamental democratic principle is that when it comes to binding collective decisions, each person in a political community is entitled to be given equal consideration to their interests. A polyarchy is a nation-state that has certain procedures that are necessary conditions for following the democratic principle.[2][3] In semblance, the word polycracy describes the same form of government[citation needed], although from a slightly different premise: A polycracy is a state ruled by more than one person, as opposed to monocracy. The word is derived from Greek poly which means "many" and kratos which means "rule" or "strength".