Interesting Map....

977778_542285562495351_1270706260_o.jpg

What does this say about our country?

It doesn't say shit about anything. I already knew that sports is overrated nonsense. Overpaid fits right in with my viewpoint.

At the same time, SOMEBODY has to be the highest paid and the lowest paid too. All sorts of maps can be made.

What do you think it says? You went through the trouble of posting it. What did you expect from the crowd, homo? :)

What you have to take into consideration is that Nick Saban is not the highest paid Gov't employee paid by the state in Alabama. Most of his 6M is paid by folks like me in A club and the Red Elephant Club. The return on investment to the school is phenomenal, athletic revenue under Saban since 07 is up over 15M, pretty good frikken financial deal.

Our Governor is the lowest paid as he is not taking any salary until UE is 5%

I think Sabans actual state salary by the state is around 200K.

What you have to take into consideration is that Nick Saban is not the highest paid Gov't employee paid by the state in Alabama. Most of his 6M is paid by folks like me in A club and the Red Elephant Club. The return on investment to the school is phenomenal, athletic revenue under Saban since 07 is up over 15M, pretty good frikken financial deal.

Our Governor is the lowest paid as he is not taking any salary until UE is 5%

I think Sabans actual state salary by the state is around 200K.

Most athletic departments are expected to pull their weight and then some. Saban's salary probably comes from tickets and other revenue generated by the football program, but make no mistake, if the revenue didn't cover his salary he'd get it from the university's general fund. You obviously know this, but athletics generate revenue for the university. I read somewhere that in the past five years there are more out of staters coming to UA, and it's a good bet you can attribute that to the football program.

We've been out of the hunt for too damn long now, but Longhorns football still generates tens of millions for the university.

What does this say about our country?

We need to subsidize hockey?

Is Mac Brown the highest paid public employee in the country??? I'm sorry dude, but our football program generates millions upon millions for the university.

Yas - but at the expense of whose feelings? :(