Nbc News/Wsj poll: Affirmative action support at historic low

Support for affirmative action is on the decline. And the news comes just days before the Supreme Court is expected to rule on a case involving the University of Texas and whether racial criteria can be used in its admissions process.

According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 45 percent of Americans are behind affirmative action programs. That's the lowest show of support ever.

The number of Americans who support programs that counteract the effects of discrimination against minorities was at 61 percent back in 1991. Support has been on the decline ever since.

The high court is set to rule on the affirmative action case by June 24th. That's when the last public session is scheduled.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/06/affirmative-action-poll-shows-declining-support-89958.html

I'll never understand why every intelligent black person in the nation isn't highly offended by "affirmative action" - you're not as smart as they are, not as productive, not as educated, but because you're black you get the job. And that is supposed to help?

Well that's because there's a little misinformation about AA to begin with.

A. It comprises of laws that make discrimination a civil and criminal matter. For instance, you cannot as an employer make hiring decisions based on race, religion, gender, disability, national origin. THAT part of AA is fine.

B. Quotas where federal, state and local government MUST hire a certain percentage of "minorities" or private businesses need to in order to receive government contracts. THAT part of AA is BAD. You'll KNOW why as soon as you have to deal with a government agency such as the Illinois Dept. of Financial and Professional Regulation. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually they've gotten smart with quotas since courts have a tendency to strike policies down. They simply practice them without putting them into a policy manual......

Well that's because there's a little misinformation about AA to begin with.

A. It comprises of laws that make discrimination a civil and criminal matter. For instance, you cannot as an employer make hiring decisions based on race, religion, gender, disability, national origin. THAT part of AA is fine.

B. Quotas where federal, state and local government MUST hire a certain percentage of "minorities" or private businesses need to in order to receive government contracts. THAT part of AA is BAD. You'll KNOW why as soon as you have to deal with a government agency such as the Illinois Dept. of Financial and Professional Regulation. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually they've gotten smart with quotas since courts have a tendency to strike policies down. They simply practice them without putting them into a policy manual......

I agree.

When affirmative action was implemented it was supposed to be for just a few years. But the left has been deliberately dragging their feet about dropping it. Typical of the left. Make promjises and then laugh when asked to comply with their promise. Like promising a closed border to Reagan if he would sign the amnesty bill. Lefties are liars historically.

Let's see if a majority would like to bring back slavery, how about that?

Okay, let me see if I can explain it another way. 10 white mechanics graduated 1-10 in their class of 11. A black mechanic graduates last with a significantly lower GPA or whatever. The black mechanic gets hired because of AA. Do you really want him working on your brake lines or someone who is more qualified and better suited for the job?

Okay, let me see if I can explain it another way. 10 white mechanics graduated 1-10 in their class of 11. A black mechanic graduates last with a significantly lower GPA or whatever. The black mechanic gets hired because of AA. Do you really want him working on your brake lines or someone who is more qualified and better suited for the job?

I cannot even believe you responded to THAT. :lol:

Let's see if a majority would like to bring back slavery, how about that?

Minorities, ESPECIALLY blacks will never back ending Affirmative Action as it gives them unfair advantages over White men in hiring. It's the very racial discrimination that hypocrites like you rant about.

str I disagree with part 1. If I want to discriminate who I employ as long as I am not taking any govt loans or grants or doing business with the govt why should I not be able to hire who I want to? Do you really think I have a shot at becoming a waiter at Hooters? of course not (Thank God) however, how is that not discrimination based on your AA model? It may be discrimination but I don't have a problem with it.

Minorities, ESPECIALLY blacks will never back ending Affirmative Action as it gives them unfair advantages over White men in hiring. It's the very racial discrimination that hypocrites like you rant about.

Hey, SloMo, what happened to Obamas lips on your avatar? Did you smash mouth him? :P