So this whole quit smoking thing.

Now that Communist Dayton is planning to raise the tax on cigarettes making them well over 7 bucks a pack, I've decided to quit smoking. Fuck liberals and their spending and tax schemes.

The new tax, which is scheduled to start July 1st I believe, doesn't apply to e-cig products. So I got an e-cig (which is tremendously cheaper than cigarettes as is before the tax) and I absolutely love it. Why didn't I get one of these bad motherfuckers earlier? It's like sucking on a mint, but without the stink, rules, taxes, and negative health affects of cigarettes.

If you want to quit I HIGHLY recommend one of these e-cigs. They are pretty badass.

-NW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say that i never really figured you for a smoker...i have always viewed you as above that behavior...oh well...dude get the cigarette gum...when you even think of a cigarette...chew the gum

honestly keep the gum with you at all times and do this one thing...you will break the habitual need to have a cigarette in your hand...honest

it only took me a half a pack of cigarette gum.

Now that Communist Dayton is planning to raise the tax on cigarettes making them well over 7 bucks a pack, I've decided to quit smoking. Fuck liberals and their spending and tax schemes.

The new tax, which is scheduled to start July 1st I believe, doesn't apply to e-cig products. So I got an e-cig (which is tremendously cheaper than cigarettes as is before the tax) and I absolutely love it. Why didn't I get one of these bad motherfuckers earlier? It's like sucking on a mint, but without the stink, rules, taxes, and negative health affects of cigarettes.

If you want to quit I HIGHLY recommend one of these e-cigs. They are pretty badass.

-NW

Nicotine can still cause health issues but hell yes e-cigs are "healthier" than smoking.

-NW

Good luck to you. I had to quit drinking for a few months to quit smoking because I would wind up wanting cigarettes when I was drunk, and the next morning I'd wake up with a pack and smoke them then just buy another pack.

I don't know that I was ever physically addicted to nicotine, but there were things I had to smoke when I did them. Driving, drinking, taking a break a work, etc all required a cigarette.

I used Chantix. Sometimes I want to smoke. Just because of the habit, ya know. I was at 2 parties this last weekend and I saw only a couple people smoking. No one smokes anymore. I miss it, but I won't start again. I have thought about getting an e cig. But, it feels like it would be a step back for me. I can't even toke on a pipe or one hitter anymore either. Gotta do soft hits through a bong.

-NW

Thought you were one of those who don't like others picking your pocket. Smokers cost industry a fortune in lost productivity from sick days, and you and I pay for it in higher prices.

Thought you were one of those who don't like others picking your pocket. Smokers cost industry a fortune in lost productivity from sick days, and you and I pay for it in higher prices.

Very true. But the same can be said for a lot of other unhealthy habits. We can't ban everything. This is still a free republic.

First of all, I'd like to commend Governor Dayton for signing the tax increase on cancer sticks and getting the butt junkies digging a little deeper in their pockets to indulge in their drug addiction. What should be implemented is a $1 per pack tax increase per year for the next five years or so.

I smoked my last cigarette over twenty-five years ago when my wife was pregnant with our first child. I realized I absolutely didn't want our kids growing up in a smoking household, so I lit up the last one on the way home from work in the fall of 1988, and through the rest of the pack into the dumpster when I got home.

Back then there wasn't any gum, or patches, or e-cigs, or pharmaceuticals, or anything else to help facilitate the process. It was cold turkey or nothing.

The first few days were the toughest. That old monkey had his claws dug deep into my back and howled relentlessly in my ears to light up JUST ONE MORE! After about two weeks, it was becoming noticeably weaker and at the end of about the third week, I realized I'd killed that sonofabitch!

I understand cold turkey won't work for everyone. Pure nicotine, in equal amounts, is more potent, addictive, and lethal than pure heroin, and the withdrawal symptoms are most unpleasant. But for someone determined to quit and willing to put up a fight, it can be very successful.

I wish my big sister would've quit much sooner than she did. She might still be alive today.

The thing I hate about these types of taxes is that they unfairly target the poor.

Booze, cigarettes, junk food.... these are all vices of the people who cannot afford them the most.

The taxes don't make people quit these behaviors either, it just generates revenue for the state.

You would think the cons would love these taxes. It's a way to get the takers to contribute. lol

I used Chantix. Sometimes I want to smoke. Just because of the habit, ya know. I was at 2 parties this last weekend and I saw only a couple people smoking. No one smokes anymore. I miss it, but I won't start again. I have thought about getting an e cig. But, it feels like it would be a step back for me. I can't even toke on a pipe or one hitter anymore either. Gotta do soft hits through a bong.

Glad it worked for you. I heard of a friend of a friend. A guy married with two kids, happy as a clam, decided to quit smoking so he could be around for his kids with Chantix and out of the blue killed himself. Tragic!

It's easy to quit. Just decide not to. My mother smoked for about 40 years and then just quit cold turkey, hasn't looked back.

I used to always have a little Copenhagen, did the same thing, just got tired of it. Even with the related behaviors of drinking and stuff I just started chewing gum. If you can go without the nicotine for a few days, then just switch to gum to satisfy your need to do something with your mouth (no jokes, it's an oral fixation, proven fact) and you'll be fine. Of course, I go through about a pack of gum every two days but I've got minty fresh breath now!

Good luck, dude. Once you decide to really quit it all, you've beaten the habit.

Glad it worked for you. I heard of a friend of a friend. A guy married with two kids, happy as a clam, decided to quit smoking so he could be around for his kids with Chantix and out of the blue killed himself. Tragic!

I have heard of people having horrible side effects from it.

I didn't have any, but I did tell my family to pay attention to me and let me know if I started getting goofy. lol

I got a 6 month prescription but I only took it for 5 weeks.

It's easy to quit. Just decide not to. My mother smoked for about 40 years and then just quit cold turkey, hasn't looked back.

I used to always have a little Copenhagen, did the same thing, just got tired of it. Even with the related behaviors of drinking and stuff I just started chewing gum. If you can go without the nicotine for a few days, then just switch to gum to satisfy your need to do something with your mouth (no jokes, it's an oral fixation, proven fact) and you'll be fine. Of course, I go through about a pack of gum every two days but I've got minty fresh breath now!

Good luck, dude. Once you decide to really quit it all, you've beaten the habit.

When my Dad quit, he used Tootsie-Pops as a substitute for his after-dinner smoke. There were a few times when he'd push his plate away, unwrap a Tootsie and stick it in his mouth, then dig out some matches and light the end on fire!

• 1 month later...

True Lisa B but the plus side for smoking is most heavy-duty smokers check out before age 65. More Social Security for the rest of us!

So the last I've had a cigarette was:

• 4,406,400 seconds
  • 73,440 minutes
  • 1224 hours
  • 51 days
  • 7 weeks (rounded down)

I've not paid one red cent in Liberals special tobacco tax that disporportionally targets and taxes the poor.

-NW

good for you naughty word...by the way...i liked your old avatar better...tomorrow will be 24 weeks...two more weeks and it will be six months..so i kicked the cig habit...great...i packed on a few dozen pounds...i attribute that to living in this little sh it hole though...i am chopping down on those too though...i was able to tighten the belt one notch and work all day in comfort...my bowflex has been getting its ass worked pretty good...gotta buy new handles again...archery season is a comin..and i am gonna be smoke free and a cardio machine...

I've never had a Nicotine habbit personally but I do enjoy my Vaporizer , its fun to blow rings and the flavor is not half bad, and since its not habbit forming I don't do it often just on weekends with friends. great alternative to smoking,

I do disagree with the taxation ideology. Taxes should be about spreading the expense of something over a wide area of people not deturring them from doing something. Taxes to cover roads could come from Gasoline tax so people who use roads most pay most. etc.

I have a micro business selling ecigs and home made ejuices. They are indeed a miracle. Quit my own pack a day habit using them three years ago in September. Government is looking for a way to tax them at the same rate as cigarettes so they do not lose revenue to people quitting.

Gotta be vigilant; I quit for almost 2 years cold, and slipped. The patches work for me ( mid range patch to start ). D & A clinic near me & the brand name patches are free. Did I say free; well, I know someone is footing the bill. Free patches; does that mean I'm a communist?

• Smokes are hard to give up; but for me, coffee would be much more difficult. The only thing I would consider stealing is coffee.