Domestic oil drilling

Drilling for oil in the states is a great idea, especially since our oil industry is not nationalized. It won't benefit the average joe like me at all, since the private companies who harvest and refine the oil will sell it to me at a profit. In that sense it matters not at all whether I buy gas from a Saudi or an American.

Please rape the land of my birth for your profits, work me to death and when your finished with my carcass, throw it over the fence for vultures to feed on. Thanks.

In closing,

DRILL BABY DRILL

band, you and the crazy libs look at this as "rape" while people like me see it as job creation, foreign oil dendency and just taking the fruits which lye beneath our feet.

of course oil companies will sell at a profit, they are not charities. they deserve to make what ever the market will allow them to make which will by much less then what foreigners are making now by raping us.

drill baby drill all day, everywhere until there is not a drop left.

band, you and the crazy libs look at this as "rape" while people like me see it as job creation, foreign oil dendency and just taking the fruits which lye beneath our feet.

of course oil companies will sell at a profit, they are not charities. they deserve to make what ever the market will allow them to make which will by much less then what foreigners are making now by raping us.

drill baby drill all day, everywhere until there is not a drop left.

Do you think they need all of the subsidies that the government gives them to do this?

And where are all of these jobs you are talking about? Do you think just anybody can get a job working on an oil rig or pipeline? There is a reason that the unemployment office doesn't have job listings from oil companies. Because it takes a specific set of skills. Many oil companies bring in foriegn workers from oil countries who already HAVE these skills, rather than train new people.

And I can't help but think that one day scientists will discover that taking all of the oil out of the ground will cause the planet harm. Everything in an enviroment has a reason for being there. It is only human arrogance to think otherwise.

Drilling for oil in the states is a great idea, especially since our oil industry is not nationalized. It won't benefit the average joe like me at all, since the private companies who harvest and refine the oil will sell it to me at a profit. In that sense it matters not at all whether I buy gas from a Saudi or an American.

Please rape the land of my birth for your profits, work me to death and when your finished with my carcass, throw it over the fence for vultures to feed on. Thanks.

In closing,

DRILL BABY DRILL

Question for another liberal dumbass: What was the price of a barrel of oil prior to the N.Dakota boom, and what is the price of a barrel of oil today?

In closing,

DRILL BABY DRILL

Just go out and buy some land and drilling eq. and get ur own oil. I wonder what that would cost u?

Question for another liberal dumbass: What was the price of a barrel of oil prior to the N.Dakota boom, and what is the price of a barrel of oil today?

Now tell everyone about the enviromental damage caused by fracking. What will be the cost of that?

North Dakota and Fracking

Get Involved in the Latest Fight in North Dakota

Bismarck

Bakken Watch

Groups Fighting Fracking in North Dakota

Frack Target: Bakken Formation

Water Resources at Risk: Williston Basin, including Lake Sakakawea, Missouri River, White Earth River, Little Muddy River, Little Missouri River and others

Gas development has skyrocketed in recent years in North Dakota, causing the state to surpass Alaska in oil production. This oil rush has had a negative impact on both environment and community resources. In 2011 alone, North Dakota reported more than 1,000 accidental releases of oil, drilling wastewater or other fluids; though many more releases went unreported when companies illegally dumped toxic fluid. Of these spills, in about two-thirds of cases, material was not contained to the accident site and leaked into the ground or waterways. On the home front, farmers are impacted when spills, some as large as 24 acres, destroy cropland possibly for decades to come. Ranchers are worried that local water supplies affected by fracking waste have had a noticeable effect on the health of their livestock and animals. Additionally, the oil boom has strained local resources, drove housing prices up, and disrupted rural communities.

But none of that matters as long as you can gas up your SUV right?

Now tell everyone about the enviromental damage caused by fracking. What will be the cost of that?

North Dakota and Fracking

Get Involved in the Latest Fight in North Dakota

Bismarck

Bakken Watch

Groups Fighting Fracking in North Dakota

Frack Target: Bakken Formation

Water Resources at Risk: Williston Basin, including Lake Sakakawea, Missouri River, White Earth River, Little Muddy River, Little Missouri River and others

Gas development has skyrocketed in recent years in North Dakota, causing the state to surpass Alaska in oil production. This oil rush has had a negative impact on both environment and community resources. In 2011 alone, North Dakota reported more than 1,000 accidental releases of oil, drilling wastewater or other fluids; though many more releases went unreported when companies illegally dumped toxic fluid. Of these spills, in about two-thirds of cases, material was not contained to the accident site and leaked into the ground or waterways. On the home front, farmers are impacted when spills, some as large as 24 acres, destroy cropland possibly for decades to come. Ranchers are worried that local water supplies affected by fracking waste have had a noticeable effect on the health of their livestock and animals. Additionally, the oil boom has strained local resources, drove housing prices up, and disrupted rural communities.

But none of that matters as long as you can gas up your SUV right?

U r no better. O I c, it's ok to subject others to this kind of stuff as long as it's not in ur backyard.

Do you think they need all of the subsidies that the government gives them to do this?

And where are all of these jobs you are talking about? Do you think just anybody can get a job working on an oil rig or pipeline? There is a reason that the unemployment office doesn't have job listings from oil companies. Because it takes a specific set of skills. Many oil companies bring in foriegn workers from oil countries who already HAVE these skills, rather than train new people.

And I can't help but think that one day scientists will discover that taking all of the oil out of the ground will cause the planet harm. Everything in an enviroment has a reason for being there. It is only human arrogance to think otherwise.

I have one of those jobs...Ty ENRON OIL AND GAS... MY boss is now a millionaire and has over 100 employees. Buys equipment and trucks all the time... therefore is not only hiring people but is also supporting several manufacturers...not to mention the money spent by us lowly employees :)

Drilling for oil in the states is a great idea, especially since our oil industry is not nationalized. It won't benefit the average joe like me at all, since the private companies who harvest and refine the oil will sell it to me at a profit.

So, you are claiming that increasing the supply of a commodity will not result in a lower price than would exist if that supply had not been increased? I guess you better tell all the authors of basic economics textbooks that they are all wrong and they need to recall and rewrite their books.

Moron.