What makes for a stronger society????

Stronger society  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What makes for a stronger society?

• A society where one half supports the other half.....
    • A society that values and empowers each individual to at the very least support their basic needs.....
    • I'm on government welfare.....

Come on....... 100+ million Americans on government assistance and some people not only THINK this is a good thing..... they actually view it as what's MOST IMPORTANT for a society.....

Well, my father raised me with the ideal that I can't HELP ANYONE or be a PRODUCTIVE member of society until I become the best I'm capable of and at the VERY LEAST provide for my own basic necessities.

If every citizen lived up to their potential we wouldn't have half of society having to support the other half. Too bad we place more value on a welfare check and benefits than personal responsibility.

A STRONG society is one where EVERYONE at the very least, supports their basic needs BECAUSE they can't contribute to the REST of society until this simple premise is accomplished. Is THIS what's occurring?????? :huh::huh:

Let's see how far we can get without making excuses for people.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on....... 100+ million Americans on government assistance and some people not only THINK this is a good thing..... they actually view it as what's MOST IMPORTANT for a society.....

Well, my father raised me with the ideal that I can't HELP ANYONE or be a PRODUCTIVE member of society until I become the best I'm capable of and at the VERY LEAST provide for my own basic necessities.

If every citizen lived up to their potential we wouldn't have half of society having to support the other half. Too bad we place more value on a welfare check and benefits than personal responsibility.

A STRONG society is one where EVERYONE at the very least, supports their basic needs BECAUSE they can't contribute to the REST of society until this simple premise is accomplished. Is THIS what's occurring?????? :huh::huh:

you cant maxamize your potential on welfare...

Freedom builds a strong society

there is no freedom in any society

you cant maxamize your potential on welfare...

Well that's a given. It's very likely counterproductive for many people who already suffer from low self esteem.

I've met some REALLY successful people(not simply financially) and I've met a whole slew of unsuccessful people in my lifetime and I've been left with the conclusion that MOST people simply never come close to their potential.

While liberals are busy making excuses I'm waiting for society to start valuing personal responsibility and accomplishment. We're not discussing financial as financial is simply a bi-product of accomplishment.

Freedom builds a strong society

Freedom is essential. Should have been implied. :ph34r:

there is no freedom in any society

True there is no 100% freedom in any governed society. We trade in a portion of our freedom in order for government( not our government obviously......) to protect it i.e. social contract.

wait a minute, society has rules. by its very nature it cant be a society without rules...so this freedom you are talking about must come with limitations

Yes, whatever we agree to in the social contract. For us, it's the constitution. It was SUPPOSED to limit what government can't do so the government doesn't kill us with drones without due process, read our emails, eavesdrop our phone conversations, etc. :lol::lol:

Our government was instituted to PROTECT our freedom, not give it away at the spur of the moment.... Unfortunately, too many Americans don't value freedom anymore....

The best society is one in which we all look after one another; where we see our futures as intertwined; where we all contribute to the best of our ability and willingly provide for those who cannot keep up.

Since such a society is strictly a fantasy, we need government welfare.

The best society is one in which we all look after one another; where we see our futures as intertwined; where we all contribute to the best of our ability and willingly provide for those who cannot keep up.

Since such a society is strictly a fantasy, we need government welfare.

:lol::lol: :lol: ^^^^^ "I'm on welfare".

I am not on welfare.

I have two jobs and savings nearly equal to the median wealth of an American black family of four.

You would accomplish more ideologically if you knew what the fuck you were talking about.

Show me some evidence that you aren't on welfare. How about that?

What will make our society stronger is 1) For every child to be loved and valued from birth, with all of life's neccessities available to him and his family. As Fredrick Douglas said "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" If we start raising kids like this our country will prosper. It all starts with the kids. 2) Stop the division between people. Economic/racial/religious/political differences between us make us weaker if we allow them to. Abraham Lincoln said " A house divided against itself cannot stand" :)

What will make our society stronger is 1) For every child to be loved and valued from birth, with all of life's neccessities available to him and his family. As Fredrick Douglas said "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" If we start raising kids like this our country will prosper. It all starts with the kids. 2) Stop the division between people. Economic/racial/religious/political differences between us make us weaker if we allow them to. Abraham Lincoln said " A house divided against itself cannot stand" :)

I don't have an issue with this post. It's ALL about society having and encouraging the RIGHT values. How many of you idiots break up a family cause you can't keep your genitals in your pants? :huh:

I voted for option 2 but am curious as to why you didn't include the only option applicable to your own views on the subject Str8?

"A society that values and empowers the wealthiest individual at the expense of the average individual"

I don't have an issue with this post. It's ALL about society having and encouraging the RIGHT values. How many of you idiots break up a family cause you can't keep your genitals in your pants? :huh:

Who should be in charge of determining what the RIGHT values are? You? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I voted for option 2 but am curious as to why you didn't include the only option applicable to your own views on the subject Str8?

"A society that values and empowers the wealthiest individual at the expense of the average individual"

Ask all the Democrat Congressmen and Women lined up for lobbyist money,,,,

It seems unlikely to me that Democratic politicians could be corrupt.

Well, they are not corrupt because the corruption is legal when it comes to the Lobby Laws,,,

This guy, Jack Abramoff, could be a driving force in changing the way business is done on the Hill,,,,

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/16/jack-abramoff-on-his-new-talk-radio-show-lobbying-reform-more.html

Saw an interview with Abramoff on youtube, in which he discussed lax laws regarding lobbying. It was quite amusing.

Caught a few minutes of him on the Costa Report, he needs a national stage so America can really know what goes on in Washington,

Of course that will take time, would rather see several million armed Americans storm the White House and burn it to the ground :ninja::ninja::ninja:

If Obama could have just carried through with his transparency plan,

He may have gone down in history as one of the great presidents,,

As a rule, people only talk about transparency when they're trying to hide something.