The "flipping" has begun

Lean on the low level employees and they'll rat on their superiors. Lean on the superiors and they'll rat their superiors. So on and so forth.

To be fair, this is something of a breaking story so I'm not sure it's been fully vetted just yet.

IRS employees: Washington IRS official Carter Hull oversaw targeting of conservative groups

By Patrick Howley, The Daily Caller

A Washington IRS attorney named Carter Hull closely oversaw the targeting of conservative nonprofit groups and suggested questions that IRS employees could ask of conservative and Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt nonprofit status, according to interviews that two IRS employees gave with congressional investigators.

I was essentially a front person, because I had no autonomy or no authority to act on [applications] without Carter Hulls influence or input, said Elizabeth Hofacre, an employee of the Cincinnati IRS office, according to a new report in the Wall Street Journal.

Hofacres office, which oversaw tax-exempt applications, reportedly requested help from the agencys Exempt Organizations Technical unit in Washington, D.C. in 2010 to deal with an influx of new applications from Tea Party groups.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/06/who-carter-hull#ixzz2VRxgn4zw

A Washington IRS attorney named Carter Hull closely oversaw the targeting of conservative nonprofit groups and suggested questions that IRS employeesicon1.png could ask of conservative and Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt nonprofit status, according to interviews that two IRS employees gave with congressional investigators.

I was essentially a front person, because I had no autonomy or no authority to act on [applications] without Carter Hulls influence or input, said Elizabeth Hofacre, an employeeicon1.png of the Cincinnati IRS office, according to a new report in the Wall Street Journal.

Hofacres office, which oversaw tax-exempt applicationsicon1.png, reportedly requested help from the agencys Exempt Organizations Technical unit in Washington, D.C. in 2010 to deal with an influx of new applications from Tea Party groups.

IRS attorney Hull sent Hofacre additional information request letters [pdf] that hed already sent to two tea party groups and instructed her to use them as a foundation to prepare and review cases and prepare her own letters to new applicants.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/05/irs-employees-washington-irs-official-carter-hull-oversaw-targeting-of-conservative-groups/#ixzz2VRy75hSG