Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

What Can Be Done To Stop Destructive Tornados ?

Can anyone suggest anything we in the US can do to stop these terrible tornados ? Feel free to pose ideas, no matter how outlandish they may seem initially. Don't worry about the naysayers. The inventors of electric light, automobiles, airplanes and computers all had those "don't be ridiculous people" tugging at them too.

Seems like 44 years after scientists put a man on the moon (so they say), we ought to be able to come up with some way to stop these destructive tornados. Unlike hurricanes, they're not really too big at their base. Any ideas ? Anything.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. What we need to do is airdrop liberals and progressives through the top of the vortex to disrupt the windsheer.

Your fat ass alone is enough to snuff it out. :D

Low nuke it breaking that earth bond would be my guess.

Your fat ass alone is enough to snuff it out. :D

Low nuke it breaking that earth bond would be my guess.

That's a great idea!

:lol: :lol:

Can anyone suggest anything we in the US can do to stop these terrible tornados ? Feel free to pose ideas, no matter how outlandish they may seem initially. Don't worry about the naysayers. The inventors of electric light, automobiles, airplanes and computers all had those "don't be ridiculous people" tugging at them too.

Seems like 44 years after scientists put a man on the moon (so they say), we ought to be able to come up with some way to stop these destructive tornados. Unlike hurricanes, they're not really too big at their base. Any ideas ? Anything.

The inventors of electric lights harnessed electricity, not invented it. Natural balance wasn't invented, it combined into what now remains here in this atmosphere. Live with it or become extinct trying to cheat life with manmade realities.

The inventors of electric lights harnessed electricity, not invented it. Natural balance wasn't invented, it combined into what now remains here in this atmosphere. Live with it or become extinct trying to cheat life with manmade realities.

I don't know what you're talking about, but it's not necessary to live with anything that can be improved upon. If that were the case, we wouldn't have cars, trains, airplanes, satellites, computers, TV, etc.

I don't know what you're talking about, but it's not necessary to live with anything that can be improved upon. If that were the case, we wouldn't have cars, trains, airplanes, satellites, computers, TV, etc.

Blinded by the light, electric light and theory of relativity teaching mind over matter philosophy lead by symbolism over substance psychology.

You describe technological advances in using substance other than how it balances naturally, then leap into the notion one species can out do natural balancing. Do you grasp the comprehension space and time are physically limited to this instant details never duplicate genetically within each sole ancestor of ancestry in this atmosphere.

Understand that and you will comprehend weather is never duplicated twice, just works the same way all the time this atmosphere remains part of this planet. Damn I bet you believe in parallel universe also.

Social identities are alternate realities of the same species living within the same space of this moment becoming what arrives next currently adding contracted results into expanding details of what is taking place individually.

Nice display of creativity, guys. So now that I've alerted you that this isn't arts & crafts class, how about some real ideas, or is that maybe asking too much ?

I'm really not sure there's anything practical based on the unpredictibility of the event. At least at this time technology speaking.

We're still not sure exactly why areas like Moore Oklahoma get repeatedly hit.

Personally, If I were a researcher I'd be doing extensive studies of terrain around each area hit. I'd be willing to bet there are similarities that could help identify high risk terrain areas in which building codes could be updated accordingly.

The same thing as global warming....nothing. You cannot control mother nature she will kick your ass everytime.

Blinded by the light, electric light and theory of relativity teaching mind over matter philosophy lead by symbolism over substance psychology.

You describe technological advances in using substance other than how it balances naturally, then leap into the notion one species can out do natural balancing. Do you grasp the comprehension space and time are physically limited to this instant details never duplicate genetically within each sole ancestor of ancestry in this atmosphere.

Understand that and you will comprehend weather is never duplicated twice, just works the same way all the time this atmosphere remains part of this planet. Damn I bet you believe in parallel universe also.

Social identities are alternate realities of the same species living within the same space of this moment becoming what arrives next currently adding contracted results into expanding details of what is taking place individually.

Whatever that gobbledegook is supposed to mean, I don't know, or care. It's enough simplly to say that we already have outdone natural balancing many times. Gravity with airplanes and space travel. Inertia with cars and trains. Cold with heating systems. Heat with air conditioning. Etc, etc.

The way you talk, one would think you just woke up from the 10th century, and haven't discovered modern technology yet. So my question still remains. How do we stop tornados ? They are just phonemenas of physics. SO what would be the physic actions to stop them ?

I'm really not sure there's anything practical based on the unpredictibility of the event. At least at this time technology speaking.

We're still not sure exactly why areas like Moore Oklahoma get repeatedly hit.

Personally, If I were a researcher I'd be doing extensive studies of terrain around each area hit. I'd be willing to bet there are similarities that could help identify high risk terrain areas in which building codes could be updated accordingly.

Some people say the whole midwest (tornado alley) ought to have an update on building codes to one simple code > Don't Build There. And if they knew 100 years ago, what they know now, maybe they wouldn't have built anything there.

Yes. What we need to do is airdrop liberals and progressives through the top of the vortex to disrupt the windsheer.

isn't that cute... the scum nurse vomit troll thinks he has something humorous to say... its so funny,,, such a wit should be hidden in the depths of shame

Bear with me.

An F3 tornado, with windspeeds of 300km/h contains about 3 x 1012 J of energy. (~3 terajoules, or TJ)

The trinity bomb released about 80TJ.

So a small bomb detonated in the right place might be powerful enough to overwhelm a tornado.

There are no conventional bombs big enough to do it.

There is also the question of radioactivity...

cc

Using

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~ears5/handouts/TornadoEnergy.html

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MuhammadKaleem.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast_bomb

Bear with me.

An F3 tornado, with windspeeds of 300km/h contains about 3 x 1012 J of energy. (~3 terajoules, or TJ)

So a small bomb detonated in the right place might be powerful enough to overwhelm a tornado.

cc

Using

That's like cutting off your arm because you have a broken finger.

Bear with me.

cc

Using

Thanks Mr. Science. Damn imbecile.