Texas Is Going To Get Very Very Interesting. And Blue

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/04/1213826/-Texas-is-going-to-get-very-very-interesting

RTR3774Y.jpg?1346271622

Texas Republicans' days are numbered.

Change is coming in the Lone Star State:

Enrollment data from the Texas Education Agency show that this school year Hispanic students reached 50.2 percent of Texas' 4.9 million public school children, compared with nearly 49 percent last year.

Anglo students stopped being a majority several years ago and continue to decline in number.

Hispanic students in prekindergarten through high school now total 2,480,000 in Texas. The group is 90 percent of the student population in the El Paso region.

More:

Two of every three public school children in Texas are minorities, according to the data.

How Texas conservatives are fighting back:

Budget cuts to public education in light of a budget shortfall of up to $27 billion [...]

Budget shortfall? Funny, given California's surplus. Maybe conservative governance isn't all that it's cracked up to be?

Battleground Texas is laying the foundation for the coming Texas Democratic majority. Given the demographics, it's only a matter of time. And it's making Texas conservatives so crazy they're starting to make unforced errors:

Take Texas GOP chairman Steve Munisteri‘s efforts to drum up support for “Battlefield Dallas,” an attempt by Dallas Republicans to counter the Battleground Texas push.

Munisteri flew up to Dallas for an event and said all the right things during his speech.

It was billed of “the first public meeting of Battlefield Dallas.”

But a Tea Party Republican made the headlines when he had this to say about GOP voter outreach efforts.

“I’m going to be real honest with you, the Republican Party doesn’t want black people to vote if they’re going to vote 9-to-1 for Democrats,” Ken Emanuelson said.

Honesty is good, but we knew that stuff already. They don't want black people to vote. Or brown people. Or Asians. Or single women. Or college students. Or anyone under 30. Or Democrats. Or anyone living in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and the border counties.

In short, they don't want anyone voting that doesn't already agree with them. But of course, that's un-American, so the only available alternative is secession.

But nope, they can't leave the union. Texas' electoral votes will look delicious in the Democratic column, and that's coming sooner rather than later. And even sooner if Hillary runs.

Also, this.

p.s. They can still carve out Dumbfuckistan out of the Texas pandhandle and western Oklahoma, so long as we build a dang fence around it. And a moat with alligators.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 at 9:38 AM PT: More evidence the GOP is afraid of its hold on Texas:

It's now spending money on hiring 24 "minority outreach" staffers.

You don't see national Democrats spending money in New York, or California.

I indeed it turns blue, how long will it take for the bastard democrats to institute a state income tax to pay for the welfare leeching Mexicans???

That's the least of your problems. When Texas does turn blue, the Republicans are done. When the Democrats get those electoral votes, there will be no margin for error in losing any swing states. Not a single one. Given the fact that other southern states, especially Florida, and Virginia, are already purple, and turning blue also makes the rest of the southern states irrelevant. You lose Texas, Florida, and Virginia, Ohio is no longer a must win for Democrats, and that my friend is a major game changer in future elections. At that point California, and New York will put the Dems over the top in every national election. Those folks in the fly overs might as well sit their fat asses at home.

I always go to koz for unbiased news.

I so want someone to take me up on a bet about Tejas going blue.

I have the "not"

I'll take that bet, and looking at the numbers, it isn't going to be long before I collect on it.

You're dead meat CG. Human evolution is a bitch ain't it?

If indeed it turns blue, how long will it take for the bastard democrats to institute a state income tax to pay for the welfare leeching Mexicans???

You do want fiscal responsibility don't you? I mean you returds racked up a $27 Billion dollar debt. Pay your bills!!!!!!!!!

Why do libs want the US to turn into Mexico? I just don't get it.

They could care less about language, culture or borders. It's the almighty vote and power. Nothing less......

If indeed it turns blue, how long will it take for the bastard democrats to institute a state income tax to pay for the welfare leeching Mexicans???

It's not turning blue. The Republican margin of victort grew from 2008 to 2012.

Hispanics are some of the least educated and have high dropout rates.

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 41% of Hispanics (ages 20 and older) don't have high school diplomas.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2010/05/13/hispanics-high-school-dropouts-and-the-ged/

Hispanics, High School Dropouts and the GED
May 13, 2010

The relatively low level of GED credentialing among Hispanic high school Dropouts is especially notable because Hispanics have a much higher high school dropout rate than do blacks or whites. Some 41% of Hispanics ages 20 and older in the United States do not have a regular high school diploma, versus 23% of comparably aged blacks and 14% of whites.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-s-Hispanics-dropping-out-of-school-at-3587972.php

Hispanic dropout rate raises concern in Houston
Advocates see the city’s future threatened by an unschooled population
May 26, 2012

Houston's Hispanics are dropping out of school at an alarming rate and only a small group is going on to college, creating a daunting problem for a city that is 40 percent Hispanic and growing.

If it's not addressed, Houston risks having a swelling, uneducated population that could undermine city's economic future.

Individually, it translates into lower wages, lack of health care coverage and more limited employment opportunities. Collectively, it translates into less consumer spending, more demand on social services and fewer skills to support the city's economic growth.

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/mar/24/local/me-graduate24

Nearly Half of Blacks, Latinos Drop Out, School Study Shows
March 24, 2005

Nearly half of the Latino and African American students who should have graduated from California high schools in 2002 failed to complete their education, according to a Harvard University report released Wednesday.

The percentage of college-educated Hispanics is the lowest.

NA-BI554A_GRADU_NS_20101019214417.gif

I'll take that bet, and looking at the numbers, it isn't going to be long before I collect on it.

You're dead meat CG. Human evolution is a bitch ain't it?

I've been away for awhile but you seem to still be the dumbest cunt this board has ever seen.

And that's saying something.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/04/1213826/-Texas-is-going-to-get-very-very-interesting

RTR3774Y.jpg?1346271622

Texas Republicans' days are numbered.

Change is coming in the Lone Star State:

More:

How Texas conservatives are fighting back: Budget shortfall? Funny, given California's surplus. Maybe conservative governance isn't all that it's cracked up to be?

Battleground Texas is laying the foundation for the coming Texas Democratic majority. Given the demographics, it's only a matter of time. And it's making Texas conservatives so crazy they're starting to make unforced errors:

Honesty is good, but we knew that stuff already. They don't want black people to vote. Or brown people. Or Asians. Or single women. Or college students. Or anyone under 30. Or Democrats. Or anyone living in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and the border counties.

In short, they don't want anyone voting that doesn't already agree with them. But of course, that's un-American, so the only available alternative is secession.

But nope, they can't leave the union. Texas' electoral votes will look delicious in the Democratic column, and that's coming sooner rather than later. And even sooner if Hillary runs.

Also, this.

p.s. They can still carve out Dumbfuckistan out of the Texas pandhandle and western Oklahoma, so long as we build a dang fence around it. And a moat with alligators.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 at 9:38 AM PT: More evidence the GOP is afraid of its hold on Texas:

It's now spending money on hiring 24 "minority outreach" staffers.

You don't see national Democrats spending money in New York, or California.

So you are saying only white people are cons? LOL this looks flawed to me, you cant base political affiliation race, when those kids grow up in texas hunting, fishing, shooting and if they get a good job they can easily be republicans. Listen man I live in El Paso right now and I go all over Texas, El Paso and parts of Austin are the only blue places in Texas. The culture of Texas regardless of race is anti-big gov, and pro gun. That wont change.

How much and who holds the money?????????????????

You dumbasses bought into hopey changey, next thing you will be creating a market for fantasy bridges.

Amendment. You pick the timeframe.

I'm still trying to get skewie to take the bet on his promised second gun vote? :D He's a disturbed little progressive...

So you are saying only white people are cons? LOL this looks flawed to me, you cant base political affiliation race, when those kids grow up in texas hunting, fishing, shooting and if they get a good job they can easily be republicans. Listen man I live in El Paso right now and I go all over Texas, El Paso and parts of Austin are the only blue places in Texas. The culture of Texas regardless of race is anti-big gov, and pro gun. That wont change.

You have to remember skewie is smarter than the rest of us....He has Miss Cleo on his side. :D

You have to REALLY remember mandrew talks about sucking pedorks 88% of the time when he posts (I counted) so he's not likely to be taken seriously by folks with a brain, which of course leaves out 2iron who claims evolution is a hoax.

This is worded badly, what I am saying is texas has a different culture, and it is not culture of hand outs. If anything independent might become more prominent in Texas.

One session, hopefully, since hospitals, such as Texas Health Presbyterian and many others are having to eat the cost of treating Texas' poor since the state is doing nothing.

That's the least of your problems. When Texas does turn blue, the Republicans are done. When the Democrats get those electoral votes, there will be no margin for error in losing any swing states. Not a single one. Given the fact that other southern states, especially Florida, and Virginia, are already purple, and turning blue also makes the rest of the southern states irrelevant. You lose Texas, Florida, and Virginia, Ohio is no longer a must win for Democrats, and that my friend is a major game changer in future elections. At that point California, and New York will put the Dems over the top in every national election. Those folks in the fly overs might as well sit their fat asses at home.

Who cares! The entire country has already been in bad shape since 2009! ...and it's getting WORSE!! If Texas turns blue, we'll be only another Mexican 'State'...

It's not turning blue. The Republican margin of victort grew from 2008 to 2012.

Liberals have been saying texas is going to turn blue for years...But through the last three major elections...Texas has voted more and more GOP. Even the beaners in texas know the reason the economy is so good in Texas is CONSERVATIVE POLICIES.

Compare the two maps below. Areas with high populations of Hispanics tend to vote Democratic.

2012 Presidential Election

8z0lt3.png

2sbqusm.jpg

The population of Hispanics is rising in Texas. The statistics in my previous post (see post #12) indicate that Hispanics are some of the least educated and have high dropout rates.

2n37gk.gif

That is a really dumb prediction....Texas go blue, yeah right (I live in Texas by the way). You are also implying that the whole country would get along and agree, LOL that is just un American. Why dont you get back with me after midterm elections after you see what all that gun talk, IRS crap and Benghazi does to blue seats in congress.

No offense, seriously not trying to be a dick but I gotta know if NightStalker was just being a jackass or if he was telling the truth. Is this really you?

http://www.justin.tv...s13/b/267790786