Smells Like Tuna

liberals. gas prices over 4 bucks..why ain't you biitching like cr

I am on the "left" and although bush was a tempting target being from oil, I blamed the Oil companies, it seems I am in the minority of all people. Both the right and the left blame Supply/Demand, Oil Speculation, Mideast unrest, global warming, lack of regulation, or Obama etc. The oil companies and the media have done a beautiful job of deflecting criticism and the fools in this country have bought in.

Gas prices are way to high, I find it amazing that hardly anyone blames the rich oil companies,

Why don't you explain why you think it is the fault of the evil rich oil companies?

I can assure you I am on pins and needles in anticipation of your expert analysis.

Only the President controls the price of gasoline....both barry and hitlery have said this repeatedly. So it's barry's fault that gas prices are so high.

I just explained it to you very clearly, moron. Here it is again for you-

And most of obama's policies are "affecting" prices by making them higher than they otherwise would be with sane policies.

Read this sentence over and over and if you are still lost, please tell me which word is confusing you.

Corporate greed has absolutely nothing to do with it. Isn't Walmart "greedy"? But yet they have dirt cheap prices. How do you explain that?

Your liberal masters would be very proud of the way you have accepted your brainwashing like a good little sheep.

Liar !

You don't know shit boy so why al; l the huff and puff ? Try looking and speculators and commodity traders , what a dumb ass

Liar !

You don't know shit boy so why al; l the huff and puff ? Try looking and speculators and commodity traders , what a dumb ass

im lookin at obama, the guy you voted for...obama needs to get these gas prices down to a reasonable level you fu ck stick...obama hates the poor..he dont want them traveling anywhere...enjoying the same freedom of vehicular independance that the rest of us enjoy...you libs need to die...making poor people choose between food and their ability to get to work...ass holes

Liar !

I have more than "looked at" speculators and commodity traders, I have debated the subject dozens and dozens of times on this forum and not one sinlge idiot lib has ever come close to proving me wrong yet.

If I am really such a "dumb ass" that "don't know shit", then it should be extremely easy for you to prove that the evil speculators are to blame and prove me wrong for a change. So what are you waiting for? Good luck.

god. i remember you screaming until jan 2009...then all of a sudden it was silence. guess it isok now

It's quite simple - in January 2009, a guy took over who had NOT made any claim of being able to control gas prices.

Unlike his predecessor, who HAD made such claims, then couldn't deliver on what he had claimed.

Unlike his predecessor, who HAD made such claims, then couldn't deliver on what he had claimed.

Can you give us a link showing these claims?

If anyone is interested in what ever happened to Nancy Pelosi's "Common Sense Plan" for cheaper Gas prices....It will finally be unveiled tomorrow, and can be read on the back of a limited supply of San Francisco milk cartons.... where the Missing Gerbil photo normally is.

Only the President controls the price of gasoline....both barry and hitlery have said this repeatedly. So it's barry's fault that gas prices are so high.

Neither one ever said that. You are a liar.

No they're just the ones that apologize to them after they pollute the Gulf of Mexico. They're the ones who give them tax payer subsidies to the tune of $40 billion. They're the ones that refuse to put any regulations on them what so ever, and then make eevery excuse for them when we're paying high gas prices. They're the ones that do the oil companies bidding in making sure alternative energy sources are obstructed at ever turn.

dems do the exact same thing. Both parties love them some big oil

Can you give us a link showing these claims?

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-646142.html

>Gas Prices

Mr. Bush was critical of Al Gore in the 2000 campaign for being part of "the administration that's been in charge" while the "price of gasoline has gone steadily upward." In December 1999, in the first Republican primary debate, Mr. Bush said President Clinton "must jawbone OPEC members to lower prices."

As gas topped a record level of $50 a barrel this week, Mr. Bush has shown no propensity to personally pressure, or "jawbone," Mideast oil producers to increase output.

A spokesman for the president reportedly said in March that Mr. Bush will not personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds.<

And later, when Bush actually DID ask his Saudi buddies to help out - in EXACTLY THE WAY HE HAD CRITICIZED CLINTON/GORE FOR NOT DOING - they politely told him to stick it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/bush.saudi.arabia/

>Saudi Arabia Friday rebuffed President Bush's request to immediately pump more oil to lower record prices, saying it does not see enough demand to increase production.<

Liar !

why didnt oblamer open up the reserves when the price peaked ?

like his mentor bush did...

dumbazz...

which pres has has the longest sustained highest gas prices ?

hmmm...

liberals. gas prices over 4 bucks..why ain't you biitching like cr

Gas prices in the US are comparatively lower than they are in most countries.

If you're not getting better than 30 mpg, then you should probably consider buying another vehicle or driving less or walking or taking the bus.

Man up - Stop being a whiny American

god. i remember you screaming until jan 2009...then all of a sudden it was silence. guess it isok now

Hardly. While I was not under any delusions that the Iraq war would make gas 50 cents a gallon, neither am I moot on the unusually high prices now, especially in the West. So it's interesting to note that when my senator, Maria Cantwell threated hearings on price-gouging, suddenly pump-prices dropped rapidly getting those in my state nearer to what the rest of the country was paying. But it's eking back up, and we might need Senator Cantwell's help once again.

Wonder why gasoline prices in Wisconsin Indiana and Illinois are higher than surrounding areas.

More dough. Competition between producers, or even station owners, is relative to an extent bordering on myth. Pricing is what the market will bear, and not supply and demand. So if you live in a region with greater average purchasing power, gas prices will be higher than neighboring regions with lesser spending ability.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-646142.html

>Gas Prices

Mr. Bush was critical of Al Gore in the 2000 campaign for being part of "the administration that's been in charge" while the "price of gasoline has gone steadily upward." In December 1999, in the first Republican primary debate, Mr. Bush said President Clinton "must jawbone OPEC members to lower prices."

As gas topped a record level of $50 a barrel this week, Mr. Bush has shown no propensity to personally pressure, or "jawbone," Mideast oil producers to increase output.

A spokesman for the president reportedly said in March that Mr. Bush will not personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds.<

And later, when Bush actually DID ask his Saudi buddies to help out - in EXACTLY THE WAY HE HAD CRITICIZED CLINTON/GORE FOR NOT DOING - they politely told him to stick it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/bush.saudi.arabia/

>Saudi Arabia Friday rebuffed President Bush's request to immediately pump more oil to lower record prices, saying it does not see enough demand to increase production.<

Thanks, but equating Bush criticizing gore for not "jawboning" OPEC to him claming that he can "control gas prices" is really quite a stretch.

More dough. Competition between producers, or even station owners, is relative to an extent bordering on myth. Pricing is what the market will bear, and not supply and demand. So if you live in a region with greater average purchasing power, gas prices will be higher than neighboring regions with lesser spending ability.

So if gas prices are higher than they should be based on supply and demand, this means there will necessarily be more supply than demand at the artificially-inflated prices, correct? So how do the sellers agree amongst each other about how much of the limited demand they are each allowed to fill at the great prices? Are certain stations just supposed to shut off their pumps once they reach their quota? And how do they stop cheaters who try to sell more than they are allocated? And how do they stop new companies just starting up from swooping in to steal their customers by slightly undercutting the current fixed price?

So more supply wont effect prices. I'm confused. I was told that more supply will drop prices.

Of course more supply will lower prices (assuming all other variables are unchanged). This is just basic economic theory. Who told you otherwise?

Of course more supply will lower prices (assuming all other variables are unchanged). This is just basic economic theory. Who told you otherwise?

well IDK...

I was at the gas station the other day when the tanker was delivering fuel,

the price stayed the same...

jk...