Liquid Wrench Is An Excellent Gun Cleaner

Been using it forever. Gets into every nook & cranny; cleans - lubricates - preserves, drives out moisture. Great for long term storage. Not necessary to lay out money for fancy cleaning tools - equipment. A strip of cotton tied to a nylon line. Soak it and yank it through the bore two or three times; then another clean - dry strip two or three times Good to go,

Disassemble, run under very hot water and let dry. Then Liquid Wrench it.

How I removed all the cosmoline from one of the 03 Springfields. Very hot water floats it out - then liquid wrench. Hot water for black powder cleaning also.

I discovered hot water works remarkably well on the 9mm Beretta and for the most part on the M16, much better than sitting there for hours with CLP (Break-Free) and pipe cleaners trying to get the damn thing clean.

In basic we would take our M16 into the shower. You have to make sure you get it dry to avoid rust but overall works pretty well.

Got the grandson a T C Hot Shot .22 Nice because the kid is left handed; and a break action works equally well, right or left. I gotta be honest about the .22s I own. Several rifles; and the one that's most accurate is an ancient, single shot, bolt action, manual cocking Springfield. Go figure.

Got the grandson a T C Hot Shot .22 Nice because the kid is left handed; and a break action works equally well, right or left. I gotta be honest about the .22s I own. Several rifles; and the one that's most accurate is an ancient, single shot, bolt action, manual cocking Springfield. Go figure.

I had a Ruger 10/22 that I owned for a coupla years. Could never get a great feel for it and the sites just didn't line up with my vision. Traded it in for a Mossberg Plinkster and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. One of the most accurate .22s I've ever shot and when I swing it up to the shoulder, the sites are right there and spot on.

• 2 months later...