IRS Refuses to turn over Documents to Senate

The Senate should respond by defunding the entire organization.

They do NOT operate beyond the reach of Congress.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/irs-refuses-to-turn-over-documents-on-targeting-to-senate/article/2531142

The Internal Revenue Service has failed to turn over documents requested by the powerful Senate tax-writing panel, which is investigating the tax agency's practice of targeting conservative organizations.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., and Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the panel's top Republican, gave the IRS a May 31 deadline to answer dozens of questions related to the special scrutiny the agency was giving to right-leaning groups seeking tax-exempt status.

But the troubled IRS let the deadline go by.

"We want a response," Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland, a top Democrat on the panel told The Washington Examiner. "I thought the request was a reasonable request."

...Baucus, whom an aide described as "significantly disappointed" about the missed deadline, has little sympathy for the IRS.

"It's disgraceful, frankly," Baucus told The Examiner. "It's not a good way to boost the American confidence in the government, that's for sure."

...The IRS did not keep adequate records or receipts for the conferences, and nearly $200,000 in spending is unaccounted for. Conference spending at the IRS was cut by 80 percent since 2010, the Treasury Department said. A total of $11 million was spent on IRS conferences in 2011 and 2012.

Anyone else see the irony in the IRS not keeping "adequate record or receipts" for their spending?

The Senate should respond by defunding the entire organization.

Threats like that will have no impact because the IRS knows that's not going to happen.

But appoint a special prosecutor.

The threat of jail time outside Holder's control might send a message.

And simplify the tax code ... so that 90% of the IRS staff are no longer needed.

Anyone else see the irony in the IRS not keeping "adequate record or receipts" for their spending?

And yes, I do. :angry:

They need to insist on getting the long form documents.

A special prosecutor might still like to see that. :D

Maybe the IRS is hiding the requested documents in offshore accounts.

You mean like Obama's new Trade Representative?

This guy is like the 3rd Obama nominee in a row to have money stashed offshore, and none of you hypocrites care.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/us/politics/trade-nominee-has-500000-in-cayman-islands.html?_r=0

Nope...I mean like the guy you voted for to be the leader of the free world. LOL

He would have been better than the guy you voted for.

Obama's been a massive failure and embarrassment, but for liberals, this behavior is rewarded.

Liberals punish success and reward failure.

I'll never understand why.

He would have been better than the guy you voted for.

Obama's been a massive failure and embarrassment, but for liberals, this behavior is rewarded.

Liberals punish success and reward failure.

I'll never understand why.

The irony is off the scale.

bush-mission-accomplished-236x300.jpg

cc