Three Non Scandals No Threat to the President

Nobody's getting impeached on this partisan nonsense, OK?

Let's take them one at a time:

One: Regarding IRS "targeting" of right-wingers, I'm planning to rename my little one-man cattle operation "Tea Party Patriot Farm." With that on my Schedule C, the IRS won't DARE to audit my tax returns. I'll be free to deduct not only feed bills and veterinary expenses, but pizzas, movie tickets, six-packs, whatever. My recent train ride across France? Studying French cattle husbandry techniques at 180 mph.

But see that's the thing. Contrary to a thousand indignant screeds and editorial cartoons, no aggrieved Tea Partiers got audited, fined, or jailed. Instead, they saw their applications to turn their political hobbies into tax-free scams — oops, charities — delayed for a few months, on the quite reasonable assumption (from an IRS functionary's point of view) that an organization named for a political party might actually be one. Boo hoo hoo.

The IRS was politically idiotic, no doubt. But until somebody tracks this to the White House, it's a big nothingburger.

Meanwhile, my man Charles Pierce quotes the Nixon White House tapes to remind us how a real crook uses the IRS: "Now here's the point, Bob: please get me the names of the Jews, you know, the big Jewish contributors of the Democrats," Nixon said. "Could we please investigate some of the cocksuckers [unprintables]?"

Two: Then there's the Great Benghazi Cover-up. As this column pointed out last December, it's largely a matter of selective quotation. Nobody at the CIA or State Department who had a hand in preparing Susan Rice's "talking points" on the Sunday shows knew with any certainty who organized the attack.

And it's worthwhile pointing out that THEY STILL DON'T KNOW.

However, if "extremists elements with heavy weapons" doesn't say "terrorist" to you, Rice got more specific on CBS's "Face the Nation," "Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself," she said, "...is one of the things we'll have to determine."

In the interest of keeping this phony scandal alive, everybody's pretended for months that Rice never said that. Meanwhile, CBS News' Major Garrett has reported that partial CIA e-mails leaked to him by Republican sources turned out — after the originals were released — to have been doctored to cast suspicion upon the State Department and Hillary Clinton. He didn't identify the leakers.

But when people resort to faking documents it's a good clue that no real evidence of wrongdoing exists. The end.

Three: As for the Associated Press flap, the Los Angeles Times reports that its "disclosure of a counter-terrorism operation in Yemen last year compromised...an informant who had earned the trust of hardened terrorists."

If true, that's perilously close to treason. In which case the Justice Department had every reason to subpoena AP phone records after other means of finding the leaker's identity failed. Sorry, but journalists have no rights that trump those of ordinary citizens in a serious criminal investigation.

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/three-non-scandals/Content?oid=2877420

I hope you're right. I'd hate to see him lose all those votes!

cc

He won't lose votes for himself but could very easily have a repeat of 2010. His agenda is basically dead while all of this unravels.

Unless he left a crumb trail right to his front door...and let's hope he's not THAT stupid...the IRS scandal will only graze him.

Same can likely not be said for Holder and some IRS underlings.

One: Regarding IRS "targeting" of right-wingers, I'm planning to rename my little one-man cattle operation "Tea Party Patriot Farm." With that on my Schedule C, the IRS won't DARE to audit my tax returns. I'll be free to deduct not only feed bills and veterinary expenses, but pizzas, movie tickets, six-packs, whatever. My recent train ride across France? Studying French cattle husbandry techniques at 180 mph.

But see that's the thing. Contrary to a thousand indignant screeds and editorial cartoons, no aggrieved Tea Partiers got audited, fined, or jailed. Instead, they saw their applications to turn their political hobbies into tax-free scams — oops, charities — delayed for a few months, on the quite reasonable assumption (from an IRS functionary's point of view) that an organization named for a political party might actually be one. Boo hoo hoo.

The IRS was politically idiotic, no doubt. But until somebody tracks this to the White House, it's a big nothingburger.

Meanwhile, my man Charles Pierce quotes the Nixon White House tapes to remind us how a real crook uses the IRS: "Now here's the point, Bob: please get me the names of the Jews, you know, the big Jewish contributors of the Democrats," Nixon said. "Could we please investigate some of the cocksuckers [unprintables]?"

Two: Then there's the Great Benghazi Cover-up. As this column pointed out last December, it's largely a matter of selective quotation. Nobody at the CIA or State Department who had a hand in preparing Susan Rice's "talking points" on the Sunday shows knew with any certainty who organized the attack.

However, if "extremists elements with heavy weapons" doesn't say "terrorist" to you, Rice got more specific on CBS's "Face the Nation," "Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself," she said, "...is one of the things we'll have to determine."

In the interest of keeping this phony scandal alive, everybody's pretended for months that Rice never said that. Meanwhile, CBS News' Major Garrett has reported that partial CIA e-mails leaked to him by Republican sources turned out — after the originals were released — to have been doctored to cast suspicion upon the State Department and Hillary Clinton. He didn't identify the leakers.

But when people resort to faking documents it's a good clue that no real evidence of wrongdoing exists. The end.

Three: As for the Associated Press flap, the Los Angeles Times reports that its "disclosure of a counter-terrorism operation in Yemen last year compromised...an informant who had earned the trust of hardened terrorists."

If true, that's perilously close to treason. In which case the Justice Department had every reason to subpoena AP phone records after other means of finding the leaker's identity failed. Sorry, but journalists have no rights that trump those of ordinary citizens in a serious criminal investigation.

Still blindly defending that loser huh?

Keep in mind that the Obama team wins elections through fear - pretty much like Bush and most incumbents do. Hope only works if you don't control them yet.

If you disagree with Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you don't vote for Obama and you're black it's because you're a traitor to blacks.

If you don't vote for Obama and you're a woman you must be rich and privileged and basically you hate women who aren't rich and white.

If you report on Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you report on people disagreeing with Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you disagree with Obama's domestic policy you're a racist.

On and on it goes.

Unless you're a white man, in which case - who gives a rat's ass what you think, you ain't voting for him anyway. Except for the 30% of those who voted for him.

But basically, one way or another, you are simply not allowed to be against Obama. They'll think of a reason.

Or are you a racist anti-woman radical homophobic obstructionist terrorist? Who hates children in Newtown?

Still blindly defending that loser huh?

can't argue any of the points made ?

noted.

Keep in mind that the Obama team wins elections through fear - pretty much like Bush and most incumbents do. Hope only works if you don't control them yet.

If you disagree with Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you don't vote for Obama and you're black it's because you're a traitor to blacks.

If you don't vote for Obama and you're a woman you must be rich and privileged and basically you hate women who aren't rich and white.

If you report on Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you report on people disagreeing with Obama's foreign policy you're a traitor.

If you disagree with Obama's domestic policy you're a racist.

On and on it goes.

Unless you're a white man, in which case - who gives a rat's ass what you think, you ain't voting for him anyway. Except for the 30% of those who voted for him.

But basically, one way or another, you are simply not allowed to be against Obama. They'll think of a reason.

Or are you a racist anti-woman radical homophobic obstructionist terrorist? Who hates children in Newtown?

Quite childish rant that we haven't seen around here in some time.

You need some growing up time....or maybe just a time out.

These scandals don't have anything to do with impeachment.

It has to do with big government ruining people's lives.

Ruining people's lives ! That's a good one coming from you.

And none of them are going to hold up to the republican's witch hunt.

Who are you trying to convince...yourself?

You spent 4 years trying to convince people what a moron you were.

Mission accomplished.

You spent 4 years trying to convince people what a moron you were.

Mission accomplished.

Why not do another thread and another one...and another one about how these scandals don't mean anything.

better yet...do another one...and another one....and another one....and another one. Your anxiety is showing

It's incredable that right wing politicians like issa and cruz keep stirring the pot even when they know there's nothing in it!

It's incredable that right wing politicians like issa and cruz keep stirring the pot even when they know there's nothing in it!

You need to do 35 threads a day about how the scandals mean nothing like your butt buddy ES is doing

You need to do 35 threads a day about how the scandals mean nothing like your butt buddy ES is doing

I've got a life, but I will say these supposed [scandels] are meaningless. Why are you not outraged at the sixty embassy employees that were killed during the Cheney administration?

i watched some pathetic teabag handjob testifying at the fake-harrass hearing, and she was weeping, saying she was asked by the irs if the group ever prayed. She had this stricken look glued to her face and said "i never thought i'd have to defend my religious beliefs".

Good gawd the shyt is deep..i thought "you brainless, dishonest, oath-jerking teahag, they were trying to determine your tax status".

This whole thing is a complete conjob on the public, and the corporate press is bending over.

Meanwhile, it,s instructive that at a time when the gop would've long since been grooming their next candidates...they have NO ONE.

Are you really that done deaf...or.......??

i watched some pathetic teabag handjob testifying at the fake-harrass hearing, and she was weeping, saying she was asked by the irs if the group ever prayed. She had this stricken look glued to her face and said "i never thought i'd have to defend my religious beliefs".

Good gawd the shyt is deep..i thought "you brainless, dishonest, oath-jerking teahag, they were trying to determine your tax status".

This whole thing is a complete conjob on the public, and the corporate press is bending over.

Meanwhile, it,s instructive that at a time when the gop would've long since been grooming their next candidates...they have NO ONE.

There's nothing I find more repulsive is people standing up for their civil liberties...what was that handjob thinking??!!!!

I've got a life

So much so you don't watch the news, I'm guessing. Why would you weigh in on a subject from a point of such ignorance?

Why would it matter whether or not she prayed, in determining tax status?

Ruining people's lives ! That's a good one coming from you.

And none of them are going to hold up to the republican's witch hunt.

Yea, the IRS has never destroyed anyone's life.

It's hard to believe even YOU are this ignorant.

Why would it matter whether or not she prayed, in determining tax status?

There is no legitimate reason, and our liberal friends know it. They are trying to circle the wagons around at best, an inept administration.

At worst, the most corrupt we've seen since Nixon. Maybe worse.

Three Non Scandals No Threat to the President

Thats right! The criminal gangster thug, Oblabla, is above the law!

I'm sorry! Could you please remind us who lost in '12 again?

A criminal guilty of High Treason!

That's who won, moron!

Was Bush? Or maybe there's another reason he spends his retirement in hiding?

Is Bush the current Criminal in Chief Douche-Bag?

I didn't care for Bush. He was a criminal too. But he is no where near the criminal Oblabla is.

Is Bush the current Criminal in Chief Douche-Bag?

I didn't care for Bush. He was a criminal too. But he is no where near the criminal Oblabla is.

Obviously, you weren't paying any attention during the bushco regime years. Most likely because your ideological masters demanded you just ignore what was going on.

Obviously, you weren't paying any attention during the bushco regime years. Most likely because your ideological masters demanded you just ignore what was going on.

Ideological masters? You are the one with Obama's Dick buried ball sack deep in your mouth. not me. Look in the mirror slave. lol

What part about 'I did not support Bush' don't you get, pea-brain?

d82c4a805c.jpg