FDR, JFK and Bill Clinton Were Major Abusers Of IRS Power

Can you imagaine the utter shock the Obama regime is going through over their IRS scandal. They clearly thought that using the IRS to attack their political enemies is a right all leftist administrations have...their history is replete with this kind of absuse...why would anyone care now...they have been doing it since the FDR administration. Well, the first recorded act of leftie abuse of the IRS happened in 1925 when a republican senator (James Corozens) ordered the IRS to be investigated and was personally attacked by the IRS commissioner with a bogus demand of $10 million in back taxes.

Let's take a look at the worst abuses in history so far. FDR, by far, was the worst! That fool actually had what amounted to IRS hit squads out attacking anyone who dare go against his marxist New Deal...all conservatives...publisher William Randolph Hearst, Andrew Mellon, Huey Long, etc were on his IRS hit list. FDR's abuse was beyond outrageous.

Next comes, John F Kennedy who refined IRS abuse into an art form. This fool actually launched a so-called "Organizations Audit Project" where he only went after conservative groups like the American Enterprize Inst, etc.

Then came Bill Clinton who had a huge enemies list of conservatives he ordered the IRS to go after....NRA, FOX News, Rush Limbaugh, Heritage Foundation, etc.

Nothing was done to any of the above corrupt leftist presidents. This is why Obama thought he could do the same thing and get away with it.

The Obama regime has got to be beside itself for being the first leftist regime in this country to get nailed hard for abusing IRS power.

http://www.times-standard.com/opinion/ci_23327210/irs-political-tool-since-start

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/670995/posts

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/the-irs-targets-political-opponents-under-both-liberal-and-conservative-administrations.html

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that the IRS isn't dangerous and politicized because it's wielded by the Obama administration. The tax agency has been abused and used against political enemies by presidents of both parties. The IRS is dangerous because of its vast, almost unaccountable powers, and the temptations those pose for politicians.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/05/13/irs-has-a-long-history-of-political-abus

IRS Audits Martin Luther King Jr.

Few would peg civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. as a felon. But in February 1960, the Alabama grand jury issued an arrest warrant for King on two counts of felony perjury for fraudulent tax returns in 1956 and 1960.

The state of Alabama audited King's tax returns in January, claiming that he owed more than $1,700 in state taxes and had received unreported funds from the Montgomery Improvement Association and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

A group of King's supporters rallied together to create the Committee to Defend Martin Luther King and the Struggle for Freedom in the South. This committee issued a press release rebuking the charges, and denying the state's estimation of King's supposed $45,000 income.

"The officials of Alabama reached their fantastic figure by the shoddy device of adding to King's income sums spent on transportation, hotels and other expenses in connection with his extensive travels on behalf of civil rights," the press release stated.

King testified in his own defense when the case went to trial in May 1960, revealing that the tax auditor had told King he was under pressure from higher-ranking officials to find some kind of problem with the tax returns. The all-white jury found King not guilty.

Republican George W. Bush, oversaw a great deal of IRS political harassment of left-leaning groups that criticized the administration. Progressive churches were targeted for their “political” sermons against the Iraq War while conservative pro-Bush churches were left alone under the same rules. Bush’s IRS also deliberately targeted Greenpeace, the NAACP, and other progressive NGOs.

Republican George W. Bush, oversaw a great deal of IRS political harassment of left-leaning groups that criticized the administration. Progressive churches were targeted for their “political” sermons against the Iraq War while conservative pro-Bush churches were left alone under the same rules. Bush’s IRS also deliberately targeted Greenpeace, the NAACP, and other progressive NGOs.

What evidence do you have that anything Bush did was behind this?

Did he give many speeches calling his opponents "enemies of democracy" as Obama did?

Did he demonize anyone, as Obama has endlessly?

Did he issue any Executive Order allowing IRS agents to freelance, as Obama did?

Did he dishonestly vilify his opponents and their motives as Obama has his entire presidency?

Did he promote the person in charge of that part of the agency, as Obama did?

Too bad there's no backup for the OP.

Not for any of the named presidents.

Nixon otoh, is a proven abuser of the irs system.

If you want to challenge the facts contained in the OP I have provided three links, loser. Where are your links?

The statement in your first link was already provided in my link...youi accomplished nothing.

Your unquoted plagiarism of the King aduit contained nothing about IRS abuse.

The language in your 3rd statement was already provided in my link...you accomplished nothing.

This thread is about major massive abuse of the IRS...Bush did not do that...the lefties I cited above did do that.

What evidence do you have that anything Bush did was behind this?

Did he give many speeches calling his opponents "enemies of democracy" as Obama did?

Did he demonize anyone, as Obama has endlessly?

Did he issue any Executive Order allowing IRS agents to freelance, as Obama did?

Did he dishonestly vilify his opponents and their motives as Obama has his entire presidency?

Did he promote the person in charge of that part of the agency, as Obama did?

The Bush statement Annonlib used was contained in one of the links I provided above. Bush did nothing that can be compared to what FDR, JFK and Bill Clinton did. What Bush did was correct! Most black churches should have their tax exempt status removed immediately because they are nothing but houses of rank leftist politics. We can start with Obama's old church.

Give Clinton a pass for the many non-Lewsinsky felonies and impeachable acts he committed? For his many abuses of power?

Imbecile.

Yes. Has he been brought to trial for any of it?

The standard Democrat Talking Point excuse for Clinton's felonies and crimes.

Lots of criminals are never brought to trial, but they're still criminals.

Should we pretend they're innocent?

Pathetic troll. :glare:

Yes. Has he been brought to trial for any of it?

He should have been brought to trial and his leftist hag wife should still be serving time for hiding Rose Law Firm files from a court subpeona and then lying to a grand jury about it.

He should have been brought to trial and his leftist hag wife should still be serving time for hiding Rose Law Firm files from a court subpeona and then lying to a grand jury about it.

Indeed. For rightie-retards bathed in Limbaugh koolaid, merely being elected on the Dem ticket is a crime.

Indeed. For rightie-retards bathed in Limbaugh koolaid, merely being elected on the Dem ticket is a crime.

Completely ignoring the boxes and boxes and boxes of evidence of Clinton's felonies, impeachable acts and abuses of power.

Hopeless lying troll.

Completely ignoring the boxes and boxes and boxes of evidence of Clinton's felonies, impeachable acts and abuses of power.

Hopeless lying troll.

Grab a box and head down to your local Fed Prosecutor office. Have a ball.

So why don't the Repubs do something?

Are they that impotent that they can't even accomplish getting rid of a guy who you think is so obviously a criminal?

Deport, I thought most of the country was conservative? Where are all of them to help you guys out?

losers lol

NO!!!! All the boxes are hidden and hermetically sealed and guarded by special Democratic Operative gnomes!!!

Don't you know anything?

Hopeless lying troll.

The usual cowardly retreat of a lying troll; empty rhetoric and bulls***.

Poor Stein...still too scared of me to debate the facts so he reverts to his amoeba self...

So why don't the Repubs do something?

Are they that impotent that they can't even accomplish getting rid of a guy who you think is so obviously a criminal?

Deport, I thought most of the country was conservative? Where are all of them to help you guys out?

losers lol

NO!!!! All the boxes are hidden and hermetically sealed and guarded by special Democratic Operative gnomes!!!

Don't you know anything?

Translation...Obama is such a leftist messiah you guys on the right are too scared to take him on. I (Annonlib) have been an Obama whore from the beginning and have supported him constantly at this web site even before he was elected in '2009. I love to watch his corruption and law breaking...it's all for the cause of america hatred and to usher in the new marxist world.

Stick around, clueless...it took more than 24 months to shove Nixon out of office and this has just started.

BTW...it is the huge annual Gallup survey that says every year there are far more conservatives in this country that lefties, like you. Consult their web site.

Poor Stein...still too scared of me to debate the facts so he reverts to his amoeba self...

Translation...Obama is such a leftist messiah you guys on the right are too scared to take him on. I (Annonlib) have been an Obama whore from the beginning and have supported him constantly at this web site even before he was elected in '2009. I love to watch his corruption and law breaking...it's all for the cause of america hatred and to usher in the new marxist world.

Stick around, clueless...it took more than 24 months to shove Nixon out of office and this has just started.

BTW...it is the huge annual Gallup survey that says every year there are far more conservatives in this country that lefties, like you. Consult their web site.

Try me. Have any facts?

Then you better get on it. Issa is proving to be a real go getter. lol

Try me. Have any facts?

Why don't we start with the evidence that David Schippers, House Impeachment Managers and staff collected for months?

Evidence of Clinton's felonies, impeachable acts and abuses of power.

The evidence you bent over backwards to deny existed. :glare:

Fact that, troll.

Facts? The title to this thread...my opening statement in my first post...the three links I provided supporting my statements...bring it on loser...like kicking puppies.

Here: what act was committed by FDR, JFK or WJC; and what law violated? Those are facts. The thread title is mere speculation.

Do you know what facts are?

Here: what act was committed by FDR, JFK or WJC; and what law violated? Those are facts. The thread title is mere speculation.

Look at the pathetic troll bleat. :glare:

Why don't we start with the evidence that David Schippers, House Impeachment Managers and staff collected for months?

Evidence of Clinton's felonies, impeachable acts and abuses of power.

The evidence you bent over backwards to deny existed. :glare:

Fact that, troll.

Then you better get on it. Issa is proving to be a real go getter. lol

Right...thanks to Issa we have two high level IRS thugs removed from service and some 88 irs agents prepared to testify before congress. Issa is doing just fine...he is doing the peoples' work and the polls show the people are on his side. The american people threw out almost 60 democrats from the House for a reason...to block Obama and investigate leftist corruption at every turn.

Hey, dumbazz, if you can't read simple english then stay out of my threads. The issue here is MAJOR IRS ABUSE by past leftist administrations! I didn't say anything about breaking the law, fool!

How do you plan to debate me when you can't even read the f--king issues correctly? I am not here to give your dumbazz a 5th grade grammar lesson.

As for what "acts" where committed, my three links define the major abuses...READ them fool.

Right...thanks to Issa we have two high level IRS thugs removed from service and some 88 irs agents prepared to testify before congress. Issa is doing just fine...he is doing the peoples' work and the polls show the people are on his side. The american people threw out almost 60 democrats from the House for a reason...to block Obama and investigate leftist corruption at every turn.

Hey, dumbazz, if you can't read simple english then stay out of my threads. The issue here is MAJOR IRS ABUSE by past leftist administrations! I didn't say anything about breaking the law, fool!

How do you plan to debate me when you can't even read the f--king issues correctly? I am not here to give your dumbazz a 5th grade grammar lesson.

As for what "acts" where committed, my three links define the major abuses...READ them fool.

What specific major abuses ordered by FDR, JFK or WJC? Got any facts?