Looking Out My Backdoor

These shots are from the Delta right behind my house about 1 mile.

I am thinking this is someone's home. Prolly won in a auction somewhere.

1ggcw6.jpg

2meioh.jpg

And this guy is plum crazy, it's 91 degrees and he is dressed in a fox suit. LMAO!

2v146sl.jpg

MY BACKYARD, HERE IN THE STICKS OF TENNESSEE !

I TOOK THIS PICTURE WHEN I FIRST MOVED INTO MY HOUSE.

THE DOG WIRE IS GONE AND IT'S A MUCH BETTER VIEW !

TheBackyard-1.jpg

Thats nice. I bet it's beautiful in snow. Do you get deer back there, critters for sure huh? We get raccoons here.

Why is it that you hardly ever see anybody on these boats?

Your pic looks like he stopped for a piss. No dock just bushes.

Seriously, why do they appear vacant most of the time?

Maybe the go to town for supplies I guess. But I think this might someone's home. There are actually two ships there. In that area there are probably ten or so marinas and over thousand boats docked in wharf areas and storage buildings. There are night spots, resturants, general stores, fuel stations, etc. There are a whole host of small islands that make up the Delta region, most are only accessible by boats. There are also boat rentals as well. The port in town on the main deep water channel handles ocean going ships, mostly cargo and grain type ships. We have ship repair and some building. Then further down the Navy has its own faclities. They used to bring the moth ball ships from Frisco there to either strip them or make them into diving and communication ships. 60-70s. I worked on revamping a ship into a diving ship there, in the 60s.

I love lookin' out my back door!

_MG_59002_zps8baa1b69.jpg

Thats awesome! Lots of fish there. CG's place is nice as well. I like being near the water, and being in the water. Years back we used to have the Budweiser races here. Not sure what happened with that, but long gone. We have a paddle wheel tour ship you go out on for dinner & dancing. I think it goes all the way up to Sacramento..