Jesse Ventura for president? Former governor toying with idea

Jesse Ventura for president? Former governor toying with idea

Bill Salisbury
Pioneerpress.com
June 1, 2013

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura is toying with the idea of running for president in 2016.

Ventura returned from his winter home in Mexico last week, and during a stop Friday at the state Capitol, he floated a trial balloon for a White House bid.

He told reporters 2016 will be an “opportune moment” for an independent presidential candidate because no incumbent will be running and the public is fed up with the two major parties.

“If I were to decide — and I haven’t, and may not — I believe one issue would carry me to victory,” he said. “I would give the people of America their first opportunity to elect a president who doesn’t belong to a political party since George Washington.”

In addition to being an independent, Ventura said, the key to having a shot at winning is having the “ability to rise above the mainstream and get the press, which I have never had a problem doing. You guys like me, I guess.”

Full article here

http://www.prisonplanet.com/jesse-ventura-for-president-former-governor-toying-with-idea.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura is toying with the idea of running for president in 2016.

Ventura returned from his winter home in Mexico last week, and during a stop Friday at the state Capitol, he floated a trial balloon for a White House bid.

He told reporters 2016 will be an "opportune moment" for an independent presidential candidate because no incumbent will be running and the public is fed up with the two major parties.

"If I were to decide -- and I haven't, and may not -- I believe one issue would carry me to victory," he said. "I would give the people of America their first opportunity to elect a president who doesn't belong to a political party since George Washington."

In addition to being an independent, Ventura said, the key to having a shot at winning is having the "ability to rise above the mainstream and get the press, which I have never had a problem doing. You guys like me, I guess."

He said he even has a potential running mate: Howard Stern, the "shock jock" radio and television personality.

Asked if Stern is interested, Ventura replied, "I'll just say it intrigues him."

Reminded that serving as president might cut into the time he could spend in Mexico, he said, "Certainly it would, but when you're president, no one can tell you what to do."

The one-term governor from 1999 to 2003 and former Brooklyn Park mayor said, "I've done city, and I've done state, so there's logically only one left."

The former wrestler, actor and author

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was at the Capitol for a private reception for retiring gubernatorial security officer Tony Policano in Gov. Mark Dayton's office.
Dayton and former Govs. Arne Carlson and Tim Pawlenty attended in suits and ties. Ventura wore a tie-dyed T-shirt, jeans and running shoes.

Regarding Policano, Ventura said, "The best compliment I can give Tony is this: Every governor he's protected is alive, aren't they?"

Bill Salisbury can be reached at 651-228-5538. Follow him at twitter.com/bsalisbury.

http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_23365014/jesse-ventura-president-former-governor-toying-idea

That would be like hiring the town drunk to be the night watchman at the brewery.

Just what we need another president who likes to play dress up BUT at least we already know he's a real fake !

659b5a96-da3a-11de-8cb5-001cc4c03286.ima

That would be like hiring the town drunk to be the night watchman at the brewery.

Just what we need another president who likes to play dress up BUT at least we already know he's a real fake !

what was the worst thing he did as governor ?

do you disagree with his positions ??

or dont you look as good in that outfit ?

Now that would be some funny shit. Of course he couldn't do any worse than the one we have now.

He is a much better speaker. Crazy but like you said, it would be funny.

He'd probably blurt out the secret about Area 51. Totally fuck up religious viewpoints globally.

Which one could take it best?

Muslims - not at all. Can you go "ape-shittier"?

I'd like to see Jesse wrestle Hillary in a debate.... It's an easy win if he nails her with an Elbow from the Top Rope---but if Hillary gets him between those thighs in a Head-Scissors, he's a dead man.

what was the worst thing he did as governor ?

do you disagree with his positions ??

or dont you look as good in that outfit ?

Gallows...I cant get into specifics BUT one thing he did do as a ex-GOV was bash Sarah Palin for resigning. People at his level aren't suppose to go there, they're suppose to leave that for ultraliberal agenda driven media tools and people with to much time on their hands that like to surf the WWW. And I'd say the same thing if he bashed Hillary for 'resigning !'

As for that outfit...for what he was getting paid, I'd wear it to...BUT I wouldn't expect anyone to take me serious after that. That's why he got elected in Minn...I mean Mass and Calif were already spoke for.

I've read he did some good things...BUT why do you think he was a one term Governor ?

Also wont help that he just filed a lawsuit against former Navy Seal Chris Kyles wife.

The backlash is bad.

Small correction, though. He didn't just file a lawsuit against her; the lawsuit was against Kyle already. He renamed Kyle's wife on it recently.

I'm torn on his actions there. On one hand, if what was printed was wrong and caused harm, I can see why he would have sued originally. And if the books are still selling and making money, and no retraction has been made in them, I can see why he'd keep the lawsuit in play. The problem, though, is the really, really bad timing, but maybe that was a legal deadline. I don't know.

Frankly, I'd have been more impressed if he just had his side of the story on record, and manned up and left Mrs. Kyle alone, dropping the suit out of respect for her loss, Kyle's service, and both their sacrifices.

And it seems to me that the backlash in the media and social media is doing more harm to his reputation than the bit in the book, that many did not read.

That's a REAL CHEAP SHOT at a rare man of integrity!

Wrestling is all show, and acting, everyone knows that. Just like the superstar actors who do movies. We didn't hold it against Reagan when he ran for office.

You need to look at the MAN, Ventura, and what he says and stands for. Do your homework!

Once again, you have been SHUNNED! :glare:

I'd like to see Jesse wrestle Hillary in a debate.... It's an easy win if he nails her with an Elbow from the Top Rope---but if Hillary gets him between those thighs in a Head-Scissors, he's a dead man.

Yes, those enormous piano legs will chrush him like a bug!

He should go for her face, and rip her Pelosi like mask off! :D :D :D :D

Does Ventura still have his Conspiracy series on TV? I'm surprised he didn't lend his voice to that show alleging a Government / Military cover-up of the existence of Mermaids.

You OBVIOUSLY have not seen those shows!

Him and his team investigates such things and comes to conclusions based upon what evidence they have found. He shoots down many such conspiracies, you fool! He ripped David Icke a new one, with Icke's silly talk of Reptillian alien beings running the government and NWO!

The episodes are all on You Tube. Very entertaining!