Obama Cuts Hot Meal For Afghan Marines!!!!!!&#

WTF???? Absolutely outragious!!

Obama Administration Cuts Hot Meal for Marines Serving in Afghanistan

Friday, May 31, 2013

Screen-Shot-2013-05-31-at-1.36.20-PM1-15

Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

The midnight ration service — known there as “midrats” — supplies breakfast to Marines on midnight-to-noon shifts and dinner to Marines who are ending noon-to-midnight work periods. It’s described as one of the few times the Marines at Leatherneck can be together in one place.

The base, which is located in Afghanistan’s southwestern Helmand Province, flanked by Iran and Pakistan, also will remove its 24-hour sandwich bar. It plans to replace the dishes long offered at midnight with pre-packaged MREs, said Marine Corps Lt. Col. Cliff Gilmore, who has been deployed in Afghanistan since February.

The moves, though unpopular with many Marines on the ground and their families back home, are emblematic of the massive drawdown of American troops in Afghanistan and the dismantling of U.S. military facilities. More than 30,000 U.S. service members will leave Afghanistan in coming months as the U.S. prepares to hand responsibility for security to Afghan forces in 2014.

While no Marine at Camp Leatherneck agreed to speak on the record, many are privately angry about the hit on base morale.

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/05/obama-administration-cuts-hot-meal-for-marines-serving-in-afghanistan/#ixzz2Uvkrt8Mo

So go buy a fuck-ing meal. Uncle Sam is paying you, on my dime no less, full time employment. Your getting free fuc-king housing. Pay for your own fuck-ing hot meal. Jesus Christ on a jumpstick.

So go buy a fuck-ing meal. Uncle Sam is paying you, on my dime no less, full time employment. Your getting free fuc-king housing. Pay for your own fuck-ing hot meal. Jesus Christ on a jumpstick.

I'm not in the military...douchebag!

He spent it all on the vacations and parties.

It is an outrage. We send them over there, risking life and limb, and we can't even put some warm food in their stomachs?

But then again, it's supposed to be an outrage. I'm having a senior moment on what the term is, but it's when cuts are threatened or made to things that garner public outrage, so the resulting backlash gets them what they want. It's also applies to propaganda put forth for the same reason (e.g., not paying for birth control so hippie-Joan to screw her brains is supposedly a war on women). People will get outraged, as they should because it's outrageous, but low information voters will fall for it being the fault of Conservatives, or Bush, or Romney, or whomever O-blamer is targeting this week, instead of realizing Obama wanted the sequester he later complained about. Soldiers can't have hot meals, kids can't have White House tours, but the O's will be damned if they will give up their golf, vacations, and hobnobbing with American 'royality'.

ImTheNana I'm pretty sure the White House does not regularly review what is fed our troops, hot meals or no. Still, look for a swift reversal of this as soon as Monday morning (when the Sunday morning talks shows are over).

Instead of carping on the food, why aren't we demanding that our troops come home from the clusterf that is Afghanistan?

ImTheNana I'm pretty sure the White House does not regularly review what is fed our troops, hot meals or no. Still, look for a swift reversal of this as soon as Monday morning (when the Sunday morning talks shows are over).

Instead of carping on the food, why aren't we demanding that our troops come home from the clusterf that is Afghanistan?

I'd rather ALL our troops come home and let those ragheads kill each other....

Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

Six hours without a meal - outrageous! :rolleyes:

Finally, fiscal discipline AND physical discipline. Maybe now we won't have so many fat-assed marines. :lol:

In hard times (that is, after repukes destroy the economy), the teat gets leaner.

They can get used to it, or get real world jobs and get off the government teat.

ImTheNana I'm pretty sure the White House does not regularly review what is fed our troops, hot meals or no.

Just call him Molotov. That's the name he used to post under.

While no Marine at Camp Leatherneck agreed to speak on the record,

That's good. Let em keep their mouths shut or look for work. They start yappin and we'll cut another goddamned meal.

No one wants to hear free loaders bitch about the freebies, son.

Friday, May 31, 2013

The midnight ration service — known there as “midrats” — supplies breakfast to Marines on midnight-to-noon shifts and dinner to Marines who are ending noon-to-midnight work periods. It’s described as one of the few times the Marines at Leatherneck can be together in one place.

The base, which is located in Afghanistan’s southwestern Helmand Province, flanked by Iran and Pakistan, also will remove its 24-hour sandwich bar. It plans to replace the dishes long offered at midnight with pre-packaged MREs, said Marine Corps Lt. Col. Cliff Gilmore, who has been deployed in Afghanistan since February.

The moves, though unpopular with many Marines on the ground and their families back home, are emblematic of the massive drawdown of American troops in Afghanistan and the dismantling of U.S. military facilities. More than 30,000 U.S. service members will leave Afghanistan in coming months as the U.S. prepares to hand responsibility for security to Afghan forces in 2014.

While no Marine at Camp Leatherneck agreed to speak on the record, many are privately angry about the hit on base morale.

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/05/obama-administration-cuts-hot-meal-for-marines-serving-in-afghanistan/#ixzz2Uvkrt8Mo

Ahh, aint that sad? The welfare military will get a meal, just not the fking steak just like the people on welfare here at home eating out of bean cans. Oh my, how terrible!!! You fking dummy!!! I saw about ten hot meals my full tour in nam, and lived on cold c-rats, sometimes on whatever the jungle offered up when the c-rats run out. So cry me a fking river!!!

I'm very sure they have an oversight in the White House that has the information long before we have it as the public, though. Or are you saying the Administration is that inept?

That's a given.

I saw about ten hot meals my full tour in nam, and lived on cold c-rats, sometimes on whatever the jungle offered up when the c-rats run out. So cry me a fking river!!!

I'm sorry you weren't treated well, there, or when you came home. But we should be taking care of our military with boots on the ground, and our Vets when they come home, much better than we are doing. The difference here is they are doing a job for us, putting their life and limb on the line, and we owe them as such.

I also think we treat our police like crap, but that's another topic.

it all has to do with money. and don't the house spend the money?

oh noes it is all that filthy dark skinned uppity liberals fault. Never mind the facts that the congress funds it and the brass decided what to cut and when in the draw down. It was that awful Obama who sits up at night coming up with ways to harass and torture Americans.

Friday, May 31, 2013

..yup, and that after all his billions of stimilus money went down the drain! Fuck this president and his regime!

I detest Obama but I believe the white house had nothing to do with this decision.

Same here...I can't imagine such micro-managing. But with this in mind, after the Sunday news shows, you'll see our troops in Afghanistan getting 3 hot squares a day! Now if they could only get a one-way ticket home......

oh noes it is all that filthy dark skinned uppity liberals fault. Never mind the facts that the congress funds it and the brass decided what to cut and when in the draw down. It was that awful Obama who sits up at night coming up with ways to harass and torture Americans.

lets define the term...commander in chief... you filthy dirty legged whore