Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

Trying To Make The Most Of Our Forum

Reputation points  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want to reputation system to work?

• "Like" or unlike
    • Positive or negative points
    • We don't need no stinking reputation system
  2. 2. Should members be able to give themselves points

• Yes
    • No

For all its flaws, I've grown to like it. And don't worry, TheAmerican: I'm sure no libs on the site would "unlike" any posts you make. We find you charming, if occasionally unfair to our ideology.

Politics aside! ... but, this forum is not running like it should be! If they let me, I can help fixing it...

I've done it before...

I've done it before with your mom, gun nut. :)

I like the thumbs up or down deal.

And there must be a way to stop all the stupid, redundant threads started that are so pointless by the same idiots.

There are certain vile posters on here that should be flat out banned, permanently!

Vile profanity, threats of violence, stalking, hacking, and continual harassment should not be tolerated.

I like the thumbs up or down deal.

And there must be a way to stop all the stupid, redundant threads started that are so pointless by the same idiots.

There are certain vile posters on here that should be flat out banned, permanently!

Vile profanity, threats of violence, stalking, hacking, and continual harassment should not be tolerated.

I would suggest to fix the basic features first!!!!

That's what I always say about your mom.

Politics aside! ... but, this forum is not running like it should be! If they let me, I can help fixing it...

You are pretty well established as a congenital liar, a bluff artist and a moron. I doubt that david would let you get your filthy dick beaters anywhere near his system.

No offense. :)

I'd just like to have more critter options. Some places have sword fighting smiley faces, and all kinds of cool stuff.

Can't you go to GLP or ATS and copy and paste some of their thingamajigs?

We need thingamajigs and chingaderas.

Chuck, there's lot of things wrong with this forum! Basic things. Sometimes you can't quote on a post... the forum freezes. Spell check is dumping your post unless it's in html format. You can't upload a picture in a post? Not even an attachment! To name a few...

You quoted mine just fine, can you give an example of when you can't?

I don't know what you mean about "freezing" but are you sure it isn't your machine?

What spell check are you referring to? One on your machine?

You are correct about uploading pics. We have been bombed by viruses in the past through picture attachments, so you must host a pic elsewhere and link to it. There are plenty of free hosting sites for stuff like that, tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, to name just a few

A feature I will bring in, is Private Messaging.

I too, would like to see this happen, and so far it is the only thing The Boss is over ruling me on

The libturds will 'unlike' conservative posts and the other way around.

Yep, and??

I've been running forums for many years and this is the worst forum platform EVER!

Unfortunately, we will be staying with the IP Board platform

I understand you want to make it better, but you need to start to get the basics going.

Hopefully when you answer my questions we can get some of that fixed for you,,,,

I've enabled the "reputation system"

Right now it is set to "like" if you like a post and make be the same thing in member profiles, I haven't checked it yet.

I can also change it to allow plus or minus points for each post

Which would you guy prefer?

I also changed a setting so that long time posters, over 25K posts, can make their own title above their avatar.

Any other features we should have here that I can fix?

While your fixing things can you please fix me still not being able to post comments to people profile?

While your fixing things can you please fix me still not being able to post comments to people profile?

What happens when you try to post to mine?

Please be explicit,,,,

Fixed. Thank you very much Chuck!

May I ask what was preventing me from posting comments?

I don't know why your setting was different from everybody else's , but it said "disable from status updates" and was checked "yes" instead of no.

I think that every time I looked at it before, I wasn't reading it right, thinking that "yes" meant it was OK to do, not disable it.

I finally checked your settings against someone else's line by line in separate tabs, until I found the discrepancy,,,,

• Upvote 2

I don't know why your setting was different from everybody else's , but it said "disable from status updates" and was checked "yes" instead of no.

I think that every time I looked at it before, I wasn't reading it right, thinking that "yes" meant it was OK to do, not disable it.

I finally checked your settings against someone else's line by line in separate tabs, until I found the discrepancy,,,,

Well again I thank you for your hard work.

No, anchor baby. You are probably one of those jihadists.

Ugh foreigners.....

How can an 'anchor baby' be a foreigner?? Last time I checked, they are citizens!

Go ask your daughter how to find a job!

You quoted mine just fine, can you give an example of when you can't?

I don't know what you mean about "freezing" but are you sure it isn't your machine?

What spell check are you referring to? One on your machine?

You are correct about uploading pics. We have been bombed by viruses in the past through picture attachments, so you must host a pic elsewhere and link to it. There are plenty of free hosting sites for stuff like that, tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, to name just a few

I too, would like to see this happen, and so far it is the only thing The Boss is over ruling me on

Unfortunately, we will be staying with the IP Board platform

Hopefully when you answer my questions we can get some of that fixed for you,,,,

You're correct! The IP Board platform is riddle with security holes!... hence the fact that we have to host images else where. But, as I've said, you'll have to deal with glitches... good luck!

You're correct! The IP Board platform is riddle with security holes!... hence the fact that we have to host images else where. But, as I've said, you'll have to deal with glitches... good luck!

Well, thanks for your,,,, uh,,,, input, I guess

Doesn't explain the "freezing" or your supposed trouble quoting,,,,

PM's are not a good thing. Other websites have them, and people send each other pm's to conspire and collude to harass, betray, backstab, trap, spread rumors, and pass along uncouth private info about people if they find out what their name is and get personal info.

You can use them to send contact info covertly to other members, but the downside far outweighs the upside.

Just think if this place had PM's, and how that would affect someone like Tarheel. She has been under attack since she showed up.

When I was a kid, there was a family that lived down the street from me. They had a daughter with downs syndrome or something. That girl would be on a leash tethered to a post, and she would bang her head on the fence so much that they had to put a helmet on her.

Tarheel reminds me of that girl. It seems Tarheel comes here to bang her head against a wall, because she has to deal with personal insults and lewd comments that she clearly doesn't enjoy.

Even tho she creates the climate for it by posting sexy pics of herself to prove she isn't as ugly as some make her out to be.

If she had to deal with PM"s.......................

• Upvote 1

What purpose would points serve? Are they a$$kissing points? Anti dissent points? Is the idea to encourage everyone to say what everone else wants to hear. I don`t think thats what people come here for. Great Idea for a dating site though.

Like and dislike work fine on sites where people have no idea about the poster. Most of us know who we like or dislike and that will affect the way we vote. Like rebublicans pretending to hate republican plans because Obama approves of them. Know wha I mean?

I liked your post just to mess with you.

I like the quote. obama is on a quest for ultimate power. the only love he has is for himself. Boy is he gonna be mad when he finds out Jesus is the Messiah, and he is just the hot mess. In hell.

Like and dislike work fine on sites where people have no idea about the poster. Most of us know who we like or dislike and that will affect the way we vote. Like rebublicans pretending to hate republican plans because Obama approves of them. Know wha I mean?

or liberals who "evolve" (like the Kenyan tri-breed) on every topic every day, you can never tell what they support, give them time, they will grow out of it, or into it.. Is that what you mean? I know it is.

Well, thanks for your,,,, uh,,,, input, I guess

Doesn't explain the "freezing" or your supposed trouble quoting,,,,

I guess I would have to say, as long as poster can't boot someone based on someones hatred of others topics, I would be fine with it.